Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Outfitter: Kok & Seyffert Big Game Hunting
Agent: John McAdams, Big Game Hunting Adventures (I�m an authorized sponsor of 24 Hour Campfire)
What: 5x day hunt for an incredible (likely SCI gold medal) Waterbuck with the option to also hunt Kudu, Eland, Nyala, Reedbuck (common and mountain), Impala, Blesbok, Black Wildebeest, Hartebeest, Springbok, and Warthog.
Where: Concession in the Gauteng Province of South Africa, about 60km west of Johannesburg
When: January 12-December 31, 2015 (including some dates in the prime April-August 2015 window), contact me for more details
Price: $4,500

This is a fantastic opportunity to take an exceptional (probably once in a lifetime) Waterbuck in the Republic of South Africa. This concession has only recently been opened up to hunting, which has allowed many of the animals to grow to gigantic proportions. This Waterbuck in particular is an incredible trophy and has been spotted by one of our professional hunters several times over the last couple of weeks, and as you can see from the photos, he is a true beauty. Few other places in the world can offer the opportunity to hunt a Waterbuck that can compare to this old brute.

This hunt will be at our concession in Gauteng Province, about 60km west of Johannesburg and about a 1 hour drive from Johannesburg International Airport. We only take a handful of hunters there and strictly limit the number of animals that are hunted, so the hunting pressure is very low. In addition to Waterbuck, there are also some incredible Nyala, Common and Mountain Reedbuck, Black Wildebeest, Kudu, and Blesbock trophies on this concession.

Though the package as priced is for 5x days and only includes 1x Waterbuck, it can be upgraded with additional hunting days ($400 per person, per day) or additional trophies in accordance with our trophy list below. Non-hunters may be added for $250 per person, per day. All prices are in USD.

Included in Package:
Daily rate and trophy fees for 1x Waterbuck and 5x hunting days
Exclusive use of the hunting area(s)
Services of a licensed Professional Hunter
Transportation between airport and hunting areas
Accommodation, Food, and Beverages
Reasonable Quantity of Alcoholic Beverages
Skinning and field preparation of trophies
Delivery of trophies to a Gauteng based taxidermist and shipping company

Not Included in Package:
Gratuities for staff members
Taxidermy fees
CITES Permits and Hunting Licenses where applicable
Any airline tickets
Personal, Travel and Trophy insurance
International calls from cell phones, or landlines
Rifle rental

Trophy Fees For Additional Species:
Black Wildebeest $950
Blesbok $350
Eland $2,000
Impala Ram $350
Kudu $1,800
Mountain Reedbuck $650
Common Reebcuck $650
Nyala $2,300
Red Hartebeest $1,000
Springbok $325
Warthog $350
Zebra $1,000

For more details about this hunt, and some of our other opportunities, visit us at:
http://biggamehuntingadventures.com/south-africa-hunting/
Or send me a PM
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Africa Hunting Safaris, Cape Buffalo Hunting, & Other Big Game Hunting Adventures
GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Wow! Now that's a nice one.

donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
waterbucks are awesome to me.
Pretty pics.
Not a real tape measure guy myself, but hard for me to judge in pictures, What would you guys estimate his length as?

Marius told me I would have to live 2 or 3 lifetimes to likely get one better than the one we killed. He is my favorite of all my animals from 2 trips from the moment I saw him. Took 3 different stalks on him to get him.

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
While it's impossible to know his actual measurements until he is on the ground, we've had several knowledgeable individuals estimate his length and all said that he was 33" or larger. One thing is for certain: this waterbuck is very, very big.

Our PH who first spotted him was so shocked at his size that nearly crashed his truck...

Africa Hunting Safaris, Cape Buffalo Hunting, & Other Big Game Hunting Adventures
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Nice looking Waterbuck. A lot of shape, and mass, to those horns. My Waterbuck was my favorite trophy from my trip.

Last edited by prm; 12/25/14.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Incredible looking Waterbuck. Man I'd love to do this.

Eric

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Below are some photos showing the accommodations that we have at this particular concession. As you can see, the hunter pursuing this waterbuck will get to enjoy some very comfortable accommodations while he or she chases a truly once in a lifetime waterbuck.

Also, I will be at booth 1128 at the Washington Sportsmen's Show in Puyallup, Washington (near Seattle & Tacoma) on 21-25 January 2015. In case any of you will be in the area, I'd love to meet you and discuss this, or any other hunt package that we will be offering for the 2015 or 2016 hunting seasons.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Thanks everyone who responded for your interest in this hunt. Unfortunately, it is no longer available.

We have a hunter booked for the end of May who will be pursuing this magnificent old Waterbuck. I'll make sure to post another update in a few months and let you know how the hunt goes.
[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
The hunter (Al) who booked for the opportunity to hunt this incredible waterbuck made it over to South Africa last week for his hunt. It took several days of hard hunting and several failed stalks before Al finally got a good shot, but one shot from his .375 H&H ended the hunt on day three.

As expected, he is a true monster, with a green score of over 84″ (easily earning an SCI gold medal and good for the top 40 in the record book) and horns measuring over 32″ long. We'll see what he scores in a couple of months after the mandatory drying period, but he is a magnificent trophy no matter what he ends up scoring. That is one hunt that I'm sure Al will remember for the rest of his life.

He truly was king of the castle over there and we know of at least one other big waterbuck bull that he killed in a fight in the last couple of months. Obviously, he had some really good genetics. Hopefully, he left a good number of offspring for us to hunt in the future. smile

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Dandy for sure!

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Congrats on a great trophy! What is the caliber on that A Bolt?

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
T
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Congrats on a great trophy! What is the caliber on that A Bolt?

It's a .375 H&H. He shot the waterbuck with a 300gr Federal bullet.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

205 members (1_deuce, 300_savage, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 25 invisible), 1,961 guests, and 1,051 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,202
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.