-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SS, there are 2-3 threads about this problem per week.

We have passed the every 3-6 months mark... wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I have a MAC and have never had a problem. If I ever do I'm sure The Wife could fix it.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by teal
I've used a ton of different devices and systems over the last decade plus while being here. Laptops, tablets and phones - not a single one has ever had an issue on this site or any other site.

Maybe I don't visit some of the same places others do that catches the the problems that show up.

I don't know. I do know that if something bothered me so much that I wasn't enjoying it - I'd stop doing it.

Instead people getting something for free refuse to get something else for free to fix an issue and then post thread after thread about how pissed they are that one free thing isn't perfect.

Just gets damned old.

thinking back i havent either given i regularly accessed the fire at work and friends houses....have gotten on via many types of operating systems ect.....still say afair number of problems may be traced back to individuals internet service providers which takes the whole damn problem completely out of Rick's and those having the problems hands....as ive said elsewhere in similar posts i ran into something similar with a forum a friend runs...problem was neither on my end or his, it was in the middle cause the phuggers i was buying my internet from werent doing their jobs.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rattler
Originally Posted by teal
I've used a ton of different devices and systems over the last decade plus while being here. Laptops, tablets and phones - not a single one has ever had an issue on this site or any other site.

Maybe I don't visit some of the same places others do that catches the the problems that show up.

I don't know. I do know that if something bothered me so much that I wasn't enjoying it - I'd stop doing it.

Instead people getting something for free refuse to get something else for free to fix an issue and then post thread after thread about how pissed they are that one free thing isn't perfect.

Just gets damned old.

thinking back i havent either given i regularly accessed the fire at work and friends houses....have gotten on via many types of operating systems ect.....still say afair number of problems may be traced back to individuals internet service providers which takes the whole damn problem completely out of Rick's and those having the problems hands....as ive said elsewhere in similar posts i ran into something similar with a forum a friend runs...problem was neither on my end or his, it was in the middle cause the phuggers i was buying my internet from werent doing their jobs.....

This is what I'm most inclined to think. Problem resides at the ISP level as I've also been here long enough to know Rick does give a chit about this place and the people here.

Me

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Just to type this, the page crashed twice, 3x,4x, nope 5x! with the frames resizing causing curser to end up in unintended place. Six milk ads. New prob in last 2 months. Phuggged up today! Whatever from the site tells my browser to open my keyboard for text entry is wacky too. Off on off on freeze close or crashes whole browser

FROM OTHER THREAD. THIS IS THE TICKET!

Originally Posted by oregontripper
Originally Posted by BigNate
Chrome user -Go to the top right of your screen, click on the three little bars, click settings, on the left side near the top click extentions, near the bottom of the page there's a button for "get more extensions" click it, search for adblock and ghostery. load these extensions, for adblock go to options, choose what you want it to block. Ghostery works similar. With these on you'll see almost nothing. Oh, delete all your history.

Thanks was able to do this from the PC and seems its was going to sinc over to the tablet and phone versions too. Hope it helps.

Last edited by oregontripper; 12/28/14. Reason: PLUS PLUS GOOD

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've had issues with very slow loading in the past that definitely was caused by my ISP, AT&T. I know for certain it was my ISP because it was verified by multiple DSL speed tests. When it happened though the slow loading was everywhere I tried to go on the internet, and not only here at this site.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have been wearing a condom the whole time so I figure Im good to go

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Never had any issues with an iPad....

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by joken2
I've had issues with very slow loading in the past that definitely was caused by my ISP, AT&T. I know for certain it was my ISP because it was verified by multiple DSL speed tests. When it happened though the slow loading was everywhere I tried to go on the internet, and not only here at this site.

part of the problem is likely that Rick pays attention and does updates prety regularly...if however your ISP doesnt do the updates they are supposed to do on a timely basis you can run into some real PITA problems which is what happened to me with my buddy's site....if you have tried multiple devices/multiple browsers ect and still regularly have problems there is a good chance it may be your ISP which means its entirely out of both your and Ricks hands....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So the lack of responsibility of the ISP allows disruption of this site only, when multiple websites are visited?

Why would that be?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
All the milk ads got me thinking....

[Linked Image]

Last edited by oregontripper; 12/28/14.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Milkshake! smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
So the lack of responsibility of the ISP allows disruption of this site only, when multiple websites are visited?

Why would that be?

keep in mind i ran into this several years ago and my ex-wife is a computer nerd and tracked down the issue for me....it has something to do with the server the site is set up on and some setting with your ISP's equipment or such not meshing up due to them not updating often enough....chances are its not just the 'fire your having problems with but because you dont go to all of the over one billion websites you just dont see the other phug ups....

given the fact Rick and the 'fire are based out of California it doesnt surprise me at allif this is the issue that most here are not running into the problem elsewhere after all what Cali based stuff run off of the same bank of servers ect that hosts the 'fire likely host typical Cali fruit and nut stuff the average 'fire user has zero interest in....

really wish my ex would talk to me so i could get clarification as to what in the hell the exact issue was if she even remembers which actually is prolly unlikely, but 7 months since signing the divorce papers and she is still pissed i guess

Last edited by rattler; 12/28/14.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They stay that way for decades. laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the reason i found all this out is i could access my buddy's site from home just fine but not if i used the computers at work....didnt matter if i brought my laptop into the office....reason it worked one place and not the other? since we were living out of town we had a different ISP than the one for town....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
They stay that way for decades. laugh

actually surprises me cause i *THOUGHT* we split on good terms....we split cause of chit she did and even so cause of the circumstance im not really even holding a grudge.....but apparently bout a month after i left town she decided to become pissed at me....

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
My I phone gets redirected from here all the time , home computers stop working and has to "recover" page when it becomes unresponsive. I am not a copmuter person so It cost me $$$ to fix this [bleep] cause by adds ??

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
just get adblocker which is free to download

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by ldholton
My I phone gets redirected from here all the time , home computers stop working and has to "recover" page when it becomes unresponsive. I am not a copmuter person so It cost me $$$ to fix this [bleep] cause by adds ??

According to Teal you should just quit bitching about it because you're getting it for free and he's tired of listening to it.

Everything works fine for him so it must be you that's fugged up.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I installed AdBlocker Plus a good while ago and it has been working well at blocking all ads, pop-ups, etc. The problem I've had for some time now that only occurs here at this forum is my back button takes multiple rapid clicks before it will go back to the previous page. When I right click on the back button the drop down window shows an entry for each failed click at this web address ---- http://us-ads.openx.net/w/1.0/afr?cc=1&auid=

A Google search of OpenX shows quite a few warnings about malicious malware related issues known to exploit a website's own servers via OpenX advertising. Here's a link to one:

http://www.itworld.com/article/2832...-to-remove-one-and-protect-yourself.html

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (219 Wasp, 1OntarioJim, 12344mag, 22250rem, 2500HD, 1badf350, 47 invisible), 2,461 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,911
Posts18,518,691
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.