Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I ask this half joking and half serious. Over the years, I've had many visits from my South African friends, especially the PH's that come over for the convention season. I find it both remarkable and maddening that they will contact you in November that they will be in town in January, but won't give the details until the same week they travel, and then only under duress!

Same this year. I've been waiting on news from my buddy, and had to email him last night about details. "Oh, I'll be in Friday at 10:30 and need to go straight away to the convention". Great, but dang, how about giving me time to get my schedule lined up?

I have South African neighbors and note they are very spontaneous about travel, and it seems their family that visits them is the same.

So all my RSA buddies, is how everyone travels down there? smile

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Many looking, but no opinions or smart alec comments, I'm surprised!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You going, Jeff?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'm going to the show, so we'll see what turns up.

I just have to laugh because over the years with my various friends from RSA, they generally will let me know their agenda just days before they show up, and then it's only because I've called to bug them about flight info. Same this week.

Had great neighbors from RSA, and their family would call and say "we're coming next week", and nobody batted an eye. I thinking this is part of thier spontaneous nature. Wondered if Marius or JJ could chime in.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Will let you know on the 8 Jan.... wink

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 10ring1, 62 invisible), 2,862 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,967
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.