Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rem338win
Good Lord, shut up Kute. There is an arrogant fool in this conversation and it ain't KI.

Your rants have the taint of dementia. Lots of folks here are steaming about the predicament and your passive aggressive approach at the wrong people is only antagonizing a demographic that has nothing to do with it.

The problem with the BC government is the problem with the BC people. They want all the cake and then they want some one else to pay for it. Then they want a socially liberal, fiscally conservative government that creates high paying, easy jobs that respects the environment too well that.......
And eventually you end up in your current political predicament. No kidding.
It's a democracy: you get what you ask for, and if you waste too much time some one will ask for you. Time is a wasting.....

I cant understand one sentence in this post, really....
Are you saying we wanted this because we voted for the current government?
We want the cake and someone else to pay for it,, what does that mean?
A government that creates high paying jobs, huh?
I dont think you have an understanding of the situation at all, are you the minister of enviroment?

GB1

S
SNAP Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Andrew, (rem338win)

I realize that, having read many of your often misspelled and factually ignorant "ad hominem" diatribes concerning issues and people whom you dislike because they appear to threaten both your business interests and insecure, immature personality, you may not grasp the issue here.

I am not surprised, your comment about ...dementia... is another example of the foolish, "teenybopper" attitude toward others that I have seen in your posts since you joined this site.

It is what I expect of a punk kid and you never fail to behave as one.

I will not dignify your bullsch*t rant with a response in kind as I prefer to simply ignore guttersnipes and blowhards.

I would suggest that you try to understand that you merely make me laugh at your whining and I realize that you simply need to "grow up".

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Did you just call him a 'guttersnipe'?? LMAO

S
SNAP Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
No, Jim, try to control your mirth as I have no interest in a slagging match with him, or, you, or anyone.

I merely stated that I do NOT waste my time with persons who fit the terms I used as I am hardly suffering from ...dementia....

It is odd, tho', that a self-styled Christian, would make cruel slurs concerning this terrible affliction which devastates so many good people.....but, ...there are some kinds of ignorance, against which even the Gods, struggle in vain....Schiller.

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
If the roads are truly public roads (as opposed to forestry roads)they can't be gated. Personally, in cases as with the Douglas Lake ranch, I think it is a nice gesture to help them out by adding another, good quality, lock to their gates. By thereby doubling security, I have performed a good deed which makes me feel less guilty if I should happen to poach some of the lands or lakes they claim. GD

IC B2

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Thats a good idea greydog,, never thought of that.....helping them out with security,, I feel better already.

Last edited by 673; 02/20/15.
S
SNAP Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Me, too, BIG lock and chain!!! wink

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by SNAP
Do you consider my posts on this to be ...bad...?

Good morning Dewey. I've been following this, always wanted to hunt in BC. You didn't ask my opinion, but personally I'd consider your posts "provocative."

Specifically, the one below:

Other VERY rich people, all over BC, mostly foreigners, Americans and Germans are the majority, obtain the above and then OFTEN close off access to local people.

First, I can see why you'd be riled up by the actions of outsiders wanting to come in and shut off public access. That just isn't right and I would feel the same in your shoes.

But my question to you is, do you think the most important thing about these particular interlopers is that they're rich, entitled, ass-h****, or that they're American and German?

Seems to me that when you talk about ass-h**** of any stripe and then include their nationality, you're making a conscious decision to take a dig at that nationality.

Am I wrong about that? Maybe it wasn't your intent.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
SNAP Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
My comments here do NOT use the term ...ass-h****... at all and my references are very specific to actual events which have happened here during the past several years.

One such was when a person from Colorado, posted on his website, that his ski lodge, built two miles from my former home at Nelson, BC, did not WANT ...just any toque... there......

I called his office to discuss this, but, he was "home" in Colorado and I was just treated to a lot of BS about irresponsible hunters, yada, yada, blah, blah....

So, our problem is very complex, most of the foreigners now in the GO racket here ARE Americans and Germans and my intent, as always, was to post facts.

Wrong, well, whatever, this is THE time when WE owners of Canada, must take charge of OUR resources and do whatever it takes to preserve our sovereign heritage....and, Phil, we are doing just that and will continue to do so.

Just to be clear, I have always been against ANY foreign ownership of ANY lands, etc, in Canads and extend this to my cousins born in the US, so, I think that you are wrong in your inferences, no problem, tho', as many here are FAR more adamant about this than I am so far.

HTH, no offence intended.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Dewey, I'm really starting to pity you.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

S
SNAP Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Oh, well that is VERY kind of you, however, things are going much better in this situation than many expected; we already have some concessions on the allocation issue from the current BC administration and, the tides of Canadian public opinion are turning much more rapidly then I have ever seen in decades of conservation and resource management.

So, your attempt to patronize and mock me is, well, actually exactly what fuels the current situation, do keep it up, old chap.

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The way I see it,, Kutnay's point of view is the point of view shared by many long time hunters and citizens of bc.
Trouble is that most people in bc are foreigners and dont get it....
I'm not against americans or germans or anyone else,, I am against foreigners who change the laws to suit their needs at the expense of citizens of bc, in this case the hunting community at large.
Limiting access to huge tracts of land... locked gates, a higher % of game allocation, in the hands of foreigners,, bequeathed by a morally wrong decision by the bc government to allow it to happen.
I also share this view

S
SNAP Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
The ironic aspect of this is that for YEARS, I was VERY "pro" GOs, actually was published in "BC Outdoors" advocating an end to the "packer" situation and have OFFERED here on many occasions to assist and even accompany US hunters here in the province which my family pioneered circa Confederation....

But, the REAL animus comes from those who damned well know that my predictions ARE spot on and things WILL soon change with serious consequences for many who seem to feel that they have some RIGHT to hunt/angle here.

Well, "there are none so blind, as those who will not see". Given the rage I see on many venues from BC people over this and some other resource/sovereignity issues, I think that the final outcome is obvious.

I have plsced anyone who has posted negative, personal comments to me on "ignore" and will not further respond to such behaviour, as it is not worth my time.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Billionaires, hire LAWYERS and "nuisance" actions against average people result.....they can drag on for YEARS.

BC, has some if the last, finest, wilderness hunting/angling and ski mountaineering left in North America/The World. Wealthy people want to enjy this and this is a "safe" country to come to, so, there is BIG money to be made in acquiring the "rights" to the land and/or the "rights" as in Guide/OUtfitter concessions.

Other VERY rich people, all over BC, mostly foreigners, Americans and Germans are the majority, obtain the above and then OFTEN close off access to local people.

The ONLY way to deal with this is by legislation and confiscation, then, re-patriation. The current government is a "neo-con" bumch of largely "Bible Clutchers", many ARE immigrants and they won't do squat.....but, the anger is building and WE WILL WIN!!!

Geesus, you sure seem like a whiney fugg. Even for a quebeccer

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

S
SNAP Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Why bother.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm sure some recall initiatives could be started before this whole thing is over. They went way too far this time, and really I doubt they are smart enough to realize it.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
.....this is THE time when WE owners of Canada, must take charge of OUR resources and do whatever it takes to preserve our sovereign heritage.....

Exactly.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
B
FN Right on dude!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
BC Liberal Minister Thomson claims he must allocate more game to the guides because they are being starved out of business.....BS in spades.

GREEN GUIDE
Canadian hunter pays $390K for right to hunt 1 mule deer
Posted March 1

MORE ON THIS

The Salt Lake Tribune
SALT LAKE CITY — This year's winning bidder to hunt a mule deer buck on Antelope Island paid a whopping $390,000, and that was just for the right to score one set of antlers.

The amount paid by the 24-year-old guide from Canada marked a record in the five-year history of the program run by the Salt Lake City-based Mule Deer Foundation.

The other winning bids have been big, too. Since 2011, hunters have paid more than $1.4 million to the foundation in the auctions, The Salt Lake Tribune reported (http://bit.ly/1JWvRLx). The money goes to wildlife conservation on the island in the middle of the Salt Lake.

"Some of the money raised from the auctions helps us run the show, but the majority of it goes to conservation projects to help all wildlife," said Miles Moretti, president and CEO of the Salt Lake City-based Mule Deer Foundation. "These auctions are helping to conserve wildlife across the country."

The winning bid by Troy Lorenz, a 24-year-old guide from Prince George, British Columbia, came during a recent Western Hunting & Conservation Expo held at the Salt Palace Convention Center. Expo officials say Lorenz also won the bid for a statewide mule deer hunting tag in Arizona, paying $320,000.

Read more at http://www.wral.com/canadian-hunter...-mule-deer/14482591/#Of7FAZwp64jeMPmd.99

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
You are correct about BC having some of the finest hunting.

As I have read your posts, posts that are mostly anti-American, I have been spurned to action. I had not planned any BC hunts this year, but since you joined a few weeks ago just to rant about us, I've decided it's as good a time as any to go. Just booked another spring bear hunt in the Kootenays, and you can claim all the credit. I would not have been going this spring without you.
Thanks!

You are or have chosen to take our plight all wrong. We are not anti American, what we are is anti having up to 40% 0r B.Cs wildlife given to GUIDES for resale to the highest bidder when we can not hunt these animals ourselves. I have been putting in for an elk draw in my "back yard" for over 30 yrs. yet guides are given an allocation of tags every year to be sold, sometimes multiple times if the first hunter is unsuccessful or given away to family and friends. This happens all over the province. I see you list a number of states as "home" most of which allocate 5-10% of tags to non residents. How would you feel if suddenly they were giving 40% to non residents? As stated we are not anti-American or even anti-guide(although our guiding system is seriously broken and must be torn down and fixed from the ground up) what we are is pro resident PRIORITY both here and everywhere else in North America.

BORN to HUNT
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

646 members (16penny, 1936M71, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 70 invisible), 2,649 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,946
Posts18,498,979
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.