Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by doublegunner
Parker Bushwacker +++ Great performance, trigger and accuracy for the price and lifetime warranty. Added a silencer kit. Can hit tennis balls at 40 yds from a rest. Shot two Whitetail bucks this season with Muzzy Trocar both were down in 5 seconds. 400 grain Red Hot bolts with capture nocks at 300 fps. I switched from the factory scope to a Tru-Glow 3 Red Dot for low light conditions. No need to upgrade

all parker bows made 2014 to date are 5yr warranty,not lifetime.if you have a older model that was registered you have a lifetime warranty. if it was not registered then no warranty.

GB1

woodson Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Looks like the tenpoint Titan extreme with no cocking assist is the best buy at $619.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by woodson
Looks like the tenpoint Titan extreme with no cocking assist is the best buy at $619.

Or a Matrix for $599? grin

330Matrix

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

woodson Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Yeah the matrix and the Titan are the two I would like to shoot in order to decide.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I went with the Accudraw on mine due to blown out shoulders/arms. That's the one with the crank and it does sound like you're winching up a boat on a trailer.

That said, you can get a second shot off with quiet loading. Flip the anti-reverse lever off and crank away silently. Just don't let go of the handle while doing this as bad things will happen.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I read the warranty service from Parker and it isn't all that good . That alone will make me past on buying a Parker . Even Tenpoint only has a five year warranty on the limbs.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
woodson Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
What's excaliburs warranty?

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/content/display/Warranty

Lifetime - but there is a disclaimer against using aftermarket accessories and voiding the warranty.

woodson Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
So is the only down side to the Excalibur just the width?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
One thing that does bother some is that it doesn't have an automatic safety. After you cock the bow you have to manually place it on safe before you do anything else. To some it's a plus and to others a minus. Also not all models have an anti dry fire catch which again, some people like and others don't. That's something that's much more important on a compound crossbow, not that you want to dry fire any of them but real bad things happen dry firing cam bows.
I have examples of each and it doesn't make any difference to me. It's about learning to handle your equipment safely, just like a firearm.

Charter Member

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

IC B3

woodson Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
So comparing the Titan extreme to the comparable matrix there is an approx 8" width difference. That's pretty significant.

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
That's really the main question: What do you want in a crossbow?

We all have opinions on what we think is key, but really all we should be doing is giving you ideas to look at as you handle various makes and models.

Simple in the field?

Auto-safety engagement on cocking?

Anti-dry fire device? I like these, but the one on my Barrett was a complete PITA, and tended to stick, locking up the trigger with a bolt on the rail, and fully seated.

Width - downside for me, but not for others.

Noise - how much is too much, again, all subjective to opinion.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I can't believe people actually buy compound crossbows, but there is an ass for every seat, and the world needs imbeciles too.

I live in a unlimited deer area, and anyone who is serious and hunts every single day, uses an Excalibur or a Kodabow. Guys that are serious and kill 15 or 20 deer per year all use recurve crossbows around here. Compound crossbows are targeted at the dude hunters who like gadgetry and don't know any better.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
very happy with my Wicked Ridge (made by Ten Point). It's a GREAT value. It's the Stevens 200 of the xbow market.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by AH64guy
We all have opinions on what we think is key, but really all we should be doing is giving you ideas to look at as you handle various makes and models.

This^^^

All crossbows have their strong and weak points and everyone has their opinions and preferences. Ultimately you have to decide what works best for you. I would strongly suggest, as others have, to go somewhere you can shoot some of the various designs. That may sway your preferences as much as what we can tell you here.

Charter Member

szihn

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ULA24
I can't believe people actually buy compound crossbows, but there is an ass for every seat, and the world needs imbeciles too.

I live in a unlimited deer area, and anyone who is serious and hunts every single day, uses an Excalibur or a Kodabow. Guys that are serious and kill 15 or 20 deer per year all use recurve crossbows around here. Compound crossbows are targeted at the dude hunters who like gadgetry and don't know any better.

Wow. Good thing everybody has a right to there own opinion but damn........talk about short minded thinking...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow is right....

woodson Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tmitch
Originally Posted by AH64guy

This^^^

All crossbows have their strong and weak points and everyone has their opinions and preferences. Ultimately you have to decide what works best for you. I would strongly suggest, as others have, to go somewhere you can shoot some of the various designs. That may sway your preferences as much as what we can tell you here.

Yeah I still need to test drive the Titan and the Matrix.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
the tenpoint with accudraw,the rope cocker retracts into the stock works very well. the first titan i had had it and i like that alot. i hated carrying the cocking rope,it always got tangled up in my pocket. i usually put mine around my neck when in the stand,so if i needed to recock it wouldn't be tangled up.i bought my current titan so cheap i just had to try the crank cocker. i like it.only thing is you'd better not lose the crank.i paint mine bright orange so i could find it if i dropped out of my treestand

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Hmmm...I'd forgotten the missing crank with my Barrett. Mine came with the factory cocker installed, but missing the crank.

I ass-u-med one could be found on line, ordered seperate from Barrett, e-bay, whatever. Apparently, virgin pre-64 Winchesters are more common than a crank handle by itself...

With the cocking rope, it was a non-issue, but if I had to rely on the factory system, it was a nonstarter.

YMMV, just something keep in mind if you get offered a great deal on a x-box without the crank.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (16penny, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 02bfishn, 61 invisible), 2,530 guests, and 1,358 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,574
Posts18,491,978
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.