-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For a great, reusable ice pack try the following. Put 1 part alcohol, 2 parts water in a zip lock bag. I use a full bottle of alcohol and then just fill it twice and dump in the bag. That fills a 1 gallon zip lock nicely. I then turn it upside down and put in another zip lock, just to be sure to avoid any leakage. Put it in the freezer and it becomes semi-solid. Will wrap around a body part nicely and stays cold a long time. Found it worked better than the cold machine my doctor prescribed, when I had my knee replaced last January and better than any other home made or store bought ice bag I ever tried. Cost less than $2.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good luck, I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tore mine up years ago Orthopedic Surgeon treated it as Rheumatoid Arthritis without an MRI. My Pulmonary Doctor (The Chief of Medicine for VAMC Seattle and Northwest Region)finally got an MRI showing a tear two months later. It was to late for surgery all they could do is go in and clean it up. That was over ten years ago.

Lot's of luck may the healing process go smoothly.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by lazydrifter
had to have the rotator cuff fixed along with a bad tear in the bicep tendon. right handed and of course it was the right shoulder. kinda surprised at the amount of pain now that the block has wore off. sure hoping this intense pain doesn't last for more than a couple days. got the next 16 weeks off from work.

Good luck buddy, it will get better.
I ihad surgery 6 weeks ago yesterday (12/12/14) for full tear rotator cuff tendon and labrum tear. Pretty good pain for first 3 days post surgery. After the first week, it subsided. After 2 weeks in a recliner, I made it into my bed. Had a few rough nights because I moved wrong in my sleep but its much better now. I started PT 3 weeks post surgery and its been tough but a good hurt because I'm on the mend. My PT is happy with my progress, range of motion, etc. She feels that I should be swinging a golf club by June/July time frame, provided I don't have any unforeseen problems.

Hang tuff, it will be better.

JD338

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by travelingman1
Crap! I have basically the same surgery scheduled for the 4th! Was hoping it would not be too painful.

Be sure to ask for a brachial plexus block in addition to the general anesthesia. There are several versions of this but essentially it's "a shot" in the beck on the operative side blocking the sensory and motor nerves to the shoulder. It's done before you go to sleep but is not a terribly uncomfortable procedure. It aids anesthesia during surgery of course but give you variable 8-20 hours pain relief after you awake. Even after it wears off you will have less pain than if you'd never had it as the nerves were spared the initial painful stimulus of surgery and don't "remember" it.

Some versions actually place a small catheter into your neck near the brachial plexus and it is used continuously with local anesthetic administered via a little pump. It's just in short term.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by lazydrifter
had to have the rotator cuff fixed along with a bad tear in the bicep tendon. right handed and of course it was the right shoulder. kinda surprised at the amount of pain now that the block has wore off. sure hoping this intense pain doesn't last for more than a couple days. got the next 16 weeks off from work.

I had a total knee replacement 12 months ago and need the other knee replaced. I'm not looking forward to it as it has taken the full year to really feel good (although the extreme arthritis pain is gone). Now, I find out that I need rotator cuff surgery before I have the other knee replaced. Getting old is a bitch!!! Hope you heal soon.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
btdt, except 360 labrum torn away from socket

got behind on pain meds coming out of surgery

tough guy??? pain meds I don't need no steenkin pain meds, I feel great

till the block wore off

hate it for you

do the PT, get it stretched out, that's gonna hurt too, follow those therapists instructions.

I was gnat's hair from having to be put under and having everything pulled loose.

lotta sweating, cursing and hurting, got er done

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Had the right one done in Oct. 2006 and was deer hunting with the Redhawk in my left hand one month later. I have had no issues with recoil on the right shoulder. Had the left one done in Dec. 2013. In both cases, the heavy duty pain lasted 4-5 days. Don't get behind on your meds, if they say every 4 hrs, take them every 4 hrs.

Do what the doc and PT tell you, be sure to do the 'homework', that is important. I drive a desk at work but was back part time about one month after the 2013 surgery. 2 weeks later, I was back full time. I also did a bunch of snow shoveling that winter but mostly the left side just steadied the shovel, the right side did most of the work.

The biggest biotch for me is that I sleep on my side, no matter which side I'm on, the shoulder starts to hurt after an hour or 2 and wakes me. I roll over and get another 2 hrs. Other than that, no problems and I have full range and good strength.

Dale

This space for rent

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1lessdog, 257Bob, 1936M71, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1234, 58 invisible), 2,195 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,661
Posts18,493,598
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.