Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#9542372 01/24/15
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
They're already crying racism and saying it shouldn't have been released because it assassinates the dead guys character. Can't please anyone these days!

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Showing the truth is not Character assassination.

Officer stopped shooting as soon as he went down.

The interloper looked like we war trying to earn an arrest for failing to follow a lawful instructions.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 01/24/15.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The 911 call that came in said there was a guy with a gun threatening to shoot his girlfriend.

This cop showed great restraint IMO, didn't come loaded for bear...

Should have shot the bystander with the tie on....

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Scariest part is the officer walked right past the guy when he first exits his vehicle and then was redirected by the "pastor" (the same guy trying to interfere after the shooting).

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
The 911 call that came in said there was a guy with a gun threatening to shoot his girlfriend.

This cop showed great restraint IMO, didn't come loaded for bear...

Should have shot the bystander with the tie on....

Yep and good communication and a level head even when the red flags went up when he contacted the guy.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Camera saved that officer a lot of explaining.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
5 shots at his back, last one seemed to be a cns. Rolled him good.

Looked like the fella dropped his gun when he was running. Hard to tell, but I don't think he ever pointed it at the cop.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
I'm all for body cams, but I realize they're not foolproof and there's going to be a bunch of people in the future pitching a bitch when cops are called to their pig-sty for a domestic violence/mental health meltdown or they can't find the handcuff key to release their sister from the headboard and it ends up going viral.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I'm all for body cams, but I realize they're not foolproof and there's going to be a bunch of people in the future pitching a bitch when cops are called to their pig-sty for a domestic violence meltdown or they can't find the handcuff key to release their sister from the headboard and it ends up going viral.

I just hope the PD gets a million hits on youtube and makes back some money so the camera's can pay for themselves.

Hey maybe someone could make a TV show like that where they go around following the cops with a camera recording the lives of the dead beat wife beaters they arrest night after night?

What would we call it?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Or as has already happened with the above video, they don't like the fact is shows Jaquan in bad light.

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Good shoot.

One less 'thug' ruining the country.

Phugg him and his mammy.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I'm all for the body cams. Just like when cameras first started to appear in the vehicles. They actually help the officer more often than not for false claims against them and take the wind out of the sails of those looking for revenge against police departments for doing their jobs.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd bet that video gets the chitbirds family a big pay day.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by MadMooner

I bet it doesn't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You may very well be right.

I can't tell, did the fella ever point the pistol at the cop? Looked like he dropped it, reached down to grab it, and started running again when the cop sent a few after him.

I'm fine with the way it turned out, but IMO, a jury in a civil case would not be.

I'm sure we'll find out.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

It won't.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

I can't tell, did the fella ever point the pistol at the cop? Looked like he dropped it, reached down to grab it, and started running again when the cop sent a few after him.

I'm fine with the way it turned out, but IMO, a jury in a civil case would not be.

I'm sure we'll find out.

He dropped it. And was facing him when he reached down to get the gun.

So lets take some facts

Suspect takes aggressive actions in order to run during the pat down

Suspect refuses to stop.

Suspect reaches for gun( there are two reasons he was resching for that gun. 1; to toss the gun. 2; to shoot the cop.)

Do you think if his intent was to toss the gun he would have bothered to stop and pick it up?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12

I'm sure we'll find out.

He dropped it. And was facing him when he reached down to get the gun.

So lets take some facts

Suspect takes aggressive actions in order to run during the pat down

Suspect refuses to stop.

Suspect reaches for gun( there are two reasons he was resching for that gun. 1; to toss the gun. 2; to shoot the cop.)

Do you think if his intent was to toss the gun he would have bothered to stop and pick it up?

The guy is stupid enough to hang around and wait for the cops and doesn't bother to ditch his gun while waiting.

Then he realizes the cop is gonna find the gun in the pat down, so he takes off running.

Then he fails to hold on to it tight enough while running and drops it.

At this point, he may have yelled;"TIME OUT", so he could pock the gun back up and take off again without the cop closing the gap.

Cop didn't hear the Time Out being called and popped his ass.

I don't see any indication that he wanted to shoot it out with the cop.

I don't expect the cop to be a mind reader. I expect him to react to the guys actions, which were to bend down and retrieve his gun while facing the cop.

I don't see where the cop had ANY choice in the matter. He elected to shoot and did a real good job of it apparently.

The City and its Ins. Co. need to back this cop all the way and not pay off on a nuisance lawsuit to pacify the NAACP.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
that looked like a DRT. i didn't know the glock came in 270

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
CD- that's about it! I don't blame the cop at all. Split second decision some chitbird pushed him into.

The way he went azz over tea kettle and rag dolled, it must of been a CNS hit. Pretty good at that range on a fast mover!

I didn't see the fella threaten the cop. It looked like the dummy needed a holster and a lesson on wearing pants, at a minimum. He dropped his pistol and went to grab it and haul azz. He was trying to get the fugg out of there.

The thing is, will a civil jury agree.

Oklahoma jury's have made more baffling decisions. IE: the pharmacist who's doing life.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Take a look at that power-point. Pretty good explanation of reactionary time, etc.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
You has gots to be jiving if you thinks dat wuz a gun . Know what I'z sayin.It was one of dem new Glock cell phones!! Know what I'z sayin.....Just kidding .The cop was doing what all cops(black,or white)are trained to do if they see a suspect pick up a gun...The blacks need to stop making excuses for the behavior of their criminal element,and black parents need to use cases like this as examples to their kids as how not act,instead of glorifing the criminal,and gangsters..Even a pimp is glorified in the black community ..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Righteous shoot. Damn fine shooting as well. Dropped bruh like a toilet seat.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The power point tells you what you need as to why his shots were spot on. Likely some of the other officers shown on seen would not have faired nearly as well.

Lowcountry Wildlife Management
Knowing Wildlife Beyond Science
[email protected]
Genesis 9;2
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
What's that they say, 'Play stupid games.....

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm sitting here having an Ancient Age still not giving a [bleep] about the dead asswipe.

Scott, I'm drinking American. grin

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
asian

FJB
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
It sucks when your gat falls out your britches leg while you are trying to run from the po-leece. It sucks worse when you stop to pick it up.

Ol' home skillet got smoked like a pack of Kools.

Now there is one less turd in the world.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
They bitch about 'today' but truth is, if that happened 40 years ago the 'Pastor', or whatever he was, would have been capped too on general purpose for getting in the way.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
dying face down in a mud hole with his pants around his knees. that's what they should be showing to inner city elementary students about the thug life. good riddance.

My diploma is a DD214
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Good shooting.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steelhead
They bitch about 'today' but truth is, if that happened 40 years ago the 'Pastor', or whatever he was, would have been capped too on general purpose for getting in the way.

If you're talking about the idiot on the left with the tie, he should have been shot.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Paladin
Originally Posted by Steelhead

If you're talking about the idiot on the left with the tie, he should have been shot.

I'm thinking a front kick applied to that necktie would have put him back in his right mind.

But at the very least, it is a damnable shame that warning shots are so heavily frowned upon. Had the nice policeman barked one off between the sharp dressed goofball's feet, he'd have understood the loud, repetitive verbal commands to "get back" so much better.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
at the least the guy with a necktie should be charged with endangering the life of a LEO.

stupid azzhole, no way to know whether the perp was dead and he's got a handgun, just what the cop needed, a distraction, when he's facing an armed adversary

he never shot at the guy till he saw the gun, and once he saw that from a fleeing suspect, all bets are off, no way to know the guy's intent, running for cover to return fire? take a few innocents out with him now that the gig's up?

the cop did very well imo, showed great restraint and decisive action when called for.

guy with the necktie, he's lucky to be alive, walk into a highly adrenalized situation where gunfire is taking place. Cop has no way of knowing whether you're a confederate of the perp or not.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Overall, I'll grade the Officer an A+.

Arrived in 2 minutes.

12 seconds from the time he dropped the gun until he was done.

5 shots in 1.3 seconds.

And a very fast eye that caught the one frame when the gun was actually pointed at him...

And he DIDN'T drop kick the interloper.

I hope all works out well for him.

OH, and most importantly HE HAD HIS CAMERA RUNNING, SO WE WON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH ANOTHER DOZEN BUSINESSES GETTING TORCHED OVER SOME FALSE CLAIM THE GIRLFRIEND BEATING FELON HAD HIS HANDS UP.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"And he DIDN'T drop kick the interloper."

I'd still go with the A+ even if he HAD shot the preacher.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

277 members (204guy, 16penny, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 37 invisible), 2,317 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,878
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.