Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Sarah would be an improvement by exponential orders of magnitude.

I am not a bit worried about Sarah but am a bit nervous concerning the propaganda poop that has been smeared on her by the left/media.

Calling her a bimbo would be a good example of that.

Trapper,

Bimbo was not the best word. I was looking for something less than that, but my thesaurus offered no help.

It's not propaganda or smear by the left/media.

Sarah says the right things--and I believe her to be genuine. On the other hand, I think the fact that she is a female saying those things makes what she says seem more extraordinary than what she is saying.

However, once she steps away from the podium, and she has to deal with a hard and obviously biased interviewer, she cannot stray far away from talking point and sound-bites without looking like an empty suit. This is what looses national elections.

She has a Journalism degree, but she is far away from the level of communication necessary to win, persuade, or convince an audience that may be "cold" toward her.

To be honest, I can think of several Demos who would tear her to shreds in a debate that was not "highly" restrictive in its structure.

I think those are legitimate observations. And, if she runs, I think the primaries will bear them out.

GB

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
We need lots more like her, whether they are president or not.

The main problem republicans have is that they can't agree on which one should be president, so they hand the office to a dumbfug like Obama on a silver platter. Twice.

And, I'm sure given the chance will do it again.

I agree. But I differ with your assessment. Republicans, I think, can agree on who should be president. It is the current Republican leadership that will not likely give that person a chance to be elected.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
GB,
How do you know that? Have you ever had a chance to talk with her one on one or you just summarizing what you have read on some left wing rag?

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
GB,
How do you know that? Have you ever had a chance to talk with her one on one or you just summarizing what you have read on some left wing rag?

First, I would venture that neither of us have had a chance to talk to her one on one.

Second, you always run the risk of making an azz of yourself when you assume to know something.

With that out of the way, I form my opinion (which is all it is) by watching the speeches she has made, the debate with Biden, and her national interviews.

I think she is genuine. I like her. I do not think she is ready for prime time--even after almost 8 years to prepare.

Lastly, and I normally don't go here, but why is it when there is a "perception" of disagreement among members on the fire that we run to the "you are informed by the left wing rag" garbage? Frankly, it is tiring. Are you so insecure in yourself that you cannot accept the fact that someone may disagree with you--therefore they must be the enemy--or a liberal lurking on the fire--and it is your duty to expose them?

Maybe, I was brought up differently. Sometimes grown men simply agree to disagree. I hope that is what we can do here, and stop the digression before it starts.

GB

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
She's cute...a bimbo...but cute and entertaining.

Your �Bimbo� made Time magazine�s �100 Most Influential People� list
Smithsonian Institution�s �100 Most Significant Americans Of All Time� list

The American Thinker website named her the �American Achiever of 2014; and said why they did that...
"Palin�s record of success of her endorsed candidates was nothing short of phenomenal.

Governor Palin�endorsed 22 candidates�for various offices during the midterm finals, including senators, governors, lieutenant governors, congressmen, and attorneys general. Of those so endorsed, an incredible 20 were elected � contrasted with, for example, Hillary Clinton�s record of 8 wins out 24 endorsed candidates."

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 01/25/15.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

Seriously.? That's what your going to use as an accomplishment.?

Also on that list from 2010: Nancy Pelosi, Bill Clinton, Ben Stiller, Serena Williams, Lady Gaga, Oprah Winfrey, Prince, Elton John, Conan O'brien, Simon Cowell...

I guess if you want to set the bar that low, go ahead..

I'm waiting to see if she makes MAD Magazines list of "People of the Decade"...

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I've already addressed the bimbo comment.

As to a Time Magazine endorsement, with the exception of Palin...a lot not to be impressed with who is on Time's list.

Shoot, Tookie Williams was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize. How about them apples?

As to "Palin's record of success of her endorsed candidates [being] nothing short of phenomenal. It could be that she know's when to bet on a winning horse...not necessarily that she know's how to train them.

I am not disparaging anyone's darling. I will say, however, that local elections, even Congressional elections, are not in the same league as an election for the POTUS.

Comparing Palin to Hillary is unfair to Hillary. It's like choosing ice cream (Sarah) to staff infection (Hillary). But anyone who underestimates the Clinton's political prowess does so to their own political pearl.

Having said that, I think the country as a whole is tired of the Clinton/Bush era (I am). I don't think Hillary will get the Demo nod. But, I am fallible.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

Also on that list from 2010: Nancy Pelosi, Bill Clinton, Ben Stiller, Serena Williams, Lady Gaga, Oprah Winfrey, Prince, Elton John, Conan O'brien, Simon Cowell...

Seriously.? Time lists the most �Influential People� in their opinion. Not who you might like or dislike.

For a MSM left leaning magazine like Time to include Sarah and do cover stories about her as well as their gal Hillary is one hell of an accomplishment.

The Smithsonian list is even a bigger deal, but you ignored that.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I am not a bit worried about Sarah but am a bit nervous concerning the propaganda poop that has been smeared on her by the left/media.

Trapper,

Bimbo was not the best word. I was looking for something less than that, but my thesaurus offered no help.

Sarah says the right things--and I believe her to be genuine. On the other hand, I think the fact that she is a female saying those things makes what she says seem more extraordinary than what she is saying.

However, once she steps away from the podium, and she has to deal with a hard and obviously biased interviewer, she cannot stray far away from talking point and sound-bites without looking like an empty suit. This is what looses national elections.

She has a Journalism degree, but she is far away from the level of communication necessary to win, persuade, or convince an audience that may be "cold" toward her.

To be honest, I can think of several Demos who would tear her to shreds in a debate that was not "highly" restrictive in its structure.

I think those are legitimate observations. And, if she runs, I think the primaries will bear them out.

GB

Your comments addressing Sarah as �bimbo� are contradictory and not borne out by her record.
You said she is genuine and saying the right things and the only word you can find for that is...bimbo...

When Sarah steps away from the podium, she has a great record of many, many interviews. Even her interview with �Perky� Couric was a lot better than the highly edited portion shown by CBS.
Sarah dealt with many interviewers of all kinds in 2008 and put McCain in first place in the polls.

News Flash! FOX News does not hire �empty suits� and interview them time and time again for talking points and sound-bites.
And Governor Palin's vetted forty thousand Emails prove how good she really is on the battlefield.

Governor Palin's many debates with hostile opponents does not support your opinion that she is not up to defending her positions. Ask all those Big Oil guys how well that worked out for them.
And four weeks out of Wasilla, the polls showed the hockey Mom more than held her own with a Senator with years of Washington experience named Biden.
To this day Sarah trots the globe giving speeches that you say she cannot do. Next month Sarah will be in front of a tough crowd in Cambridge, England.

I would love to see your list of Demos who would tear her to shreds. Legitimate observations need to be backed by facts.

Having said all this...all I have ever asked is for Sarah Palin to get into the primaries.
My opinion is that she will repeat what she did in the 2008 campaign. No other VP candidate has ever come close.

Sarah has had eight years to hone her skills and the record clearly shows that she has done exactly that.
Sarah will blow the doors off...again.

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 01/25/15.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

Seriously.? Time lists the most �Influential People� in their opinion. Not who you might like or dislike.

For a MSM left leaning magazine like Time to include Sarah and do cover stories about her as well as their gal Hillary is one hell of an accomplishment.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/1...nt-americans-leaves-out-president-obama/

"Smithsonian put together their list by enlisting Steven Skiena, Distinguished Teaching Professor of Computer Science at Stony Brook University, and Charles B. Ward, an engineer at Google who is an expert in ranking methodologies. The pair used �an algorithmic method of ranking historical figures, just as Google ranks web pages,� and �their concept of significance has less to do with achievement than with an individual�s strength as an Internet meme � how vividly he or she remains in our collective memory.�

The article is obviously biased, but it is a counter to your estimation of significance.

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

Trapper,

GB

Your comments addressing Sarah as �bimbo� are contradictory and not borne out by her record.
You said she is genuine and saying the right things and the only word you can find for that is...bimbo...

When Sarah steps away from the podium, she has a great record of many, many interviews. Even her interview with �Perky� Couric was a lot better than the highly edited portion shown by CBS.
Sarah dealt with many interviewers of all kinds in 2008 and put McCain in first place in the polls.

News Flash! FOX News does not hire �empty suits� and interview them time and time again for talking points and sound-bites.
And Governor Palin's vetted forty thousand Emails prove how good she really is on the battlefield.

Governor Palin's many debates with hostile opponents does not support your opinion that she is not up to defending her positions. Ask all those Big Oil guys how well that worked out for them.
And four weeks out of Wasilla, the polls showed the hockey Mom more than held her own with a Senator with years of Washington experience named Biden.
To this day Sarah trots the globe giving speeches that you say she cannot do. Next month Sarah will be in front of a tough crowd in Cambridge, England.

I would love to see your list of Demos who would tear her to shreds. Legitimate observations need to be backed by facts.

Having said all this...all I have ever asked is for Sarah Palin to get into the primaries.
My opinion is that she will repeat what she did in the 2008 campaign. No other VP candidate has ever come close.

Sarah has had eight years to hone her skills and the record clearly shows that she has done exactly that.
Sarah will blow the doors off...again.

Since we are sharing opinions, It is my opinion that Sarah's effect on the 2008 campaign was more of a reflection of the weakness of the Presidential nominee then her strength as a potential VP. She energized the conservative base that was suspect (and rightly so) of McCain. In my opinion, there is no evidence that her addition did anything to draw any other group.

Fox news does the same as any other news outlet. They interview polarizing figures for the sake of ratings.

I saw the debate with Uncle Joe. And although I wanted Palin to give him the spanking he deserved, it was laughable.

Elizabeth Warren is the first name that comes to mind as a shredder.

I hope she does run in the primaries. It will be entertaining...at first.

Right now, I think she is making too much money stirring the pot to take a pay cut...in the event of some miracle she became president.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/1...nt-americans-leaves-out-president-obama/

"Smithsonian put together their list by enlisting Steven Skiena, Distinguished Teaching Professor of Computer Science at Stony Brook University, and Charles B. Ward, an engineer at Google who is an expert in ranking methodologies. The pair used �an algorithmic method of ranking historical figures, just as Google ranks web pages,� and �their concept of significance has less to do with achievement than with an individual�s strength as an Internet meme � how vividly he or she remains in our collective memory.�

The article is obviously biased, but it is a counter to your estimation of significance.

ITEM ONE:
�The article is obviously biased,� Yeah, maybe just a little...here is the rest of your link quote:

�Smithsonian put together their list by enlisting Steven Skiena, Distinguished Teaching Professor of Computer Science at Stony Brook University, and Charles B. Ward, an engineer at Google who is an expert in ranking methodologies. The pair used �an algorithmic method of ranking historical figures, just as Google ranks web pages,� and �their concept of significance has less to do with achievement than with an individual�s strength as an Internet meme � how vividly he or she remains in our collective memory.�

But the truly outrageous thing about this list isn�t who made the cut, but who was left out.

Palin, America�s village idiot known for quitting as Governor of Alaska and engaging in drunken brawls and incoherent speeches full of factual errors such as not knowing the actual address of the White House, is on the list, while the first African-American president in American history is not.

That�s right, President Obama is not on this list even though his election as leader of the free world in 2008 is one of the most significant and unique achievements in American history.
[�]
But Palin�s inclusion on such a list is totally offensive and the Smithsonian Institute damaged their own credibility by even thinking of placing her name among so many great Americans of historical significance.
At least George W. Bush is actually a significant figure, for better or worse. After all, he was in office during 9/11 and dragged America into two costly wars. The reverberations of his time in office will be felt for decades to come. Palin, however, is just a minor footnote. Even Tina Fey would be better qualified to be on the list considering her fantastic impersonation of Palin is partly to thank for why Palin and McCain lost in 2008. That portrayal affected a historical election.
So while one could argue for Bush being on the list, including Palin on such a list is unforgivable, and even more so considering the Smithsonian failed to include President Obama, a person who is far more significant in our history than Palin could ever hope to be.

ITEM TWO:

�but it is a counter to your estimation of significance� Sorry Ace, but it is not my estimation of significance, it is that of the Smithsonian Institute. Based on statistical data and mathematical formula. Their numbers are what they are...
Only in the world of PDS would making these lists be viewed as a negative for Sarah.

Now that we have hashed and trashed the first two, I can hardly wait for your final opinion on the third...
The American Thinker website named her the �American Achiever of 2014; and said why they did that...
"Palin�s record of success of her endorsed candidates was nothing short of phenomenal.�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Since we are sharing opinions, It is my opinion that Sarah's effect on the 2008 campaign was more of a reflection of the weakness of the Presidential nominee then her strength as a potential VP. She energized the conservative base that was suspect (and rightly so) of McCain. In my opinion, there is no evidence that her addition did anything to draw any other group.

Fox news does the same as any other news outlet. They interview polarizing figures for the sake of ratings.

I saw the debate with Uncle Joe. And although I wanted Palin to give him the spanking he deserved, it was laughable.

ITEM THREE: Even the preponderance of Palin critics marveled at how well this hockey Mom, 3 or 4 weeks out of Wasilla, did against an old debater and campaigner like Uncle Joe. In front of the largest VP debate audience...ever. Just as they did with Sarah's busted teleprompter speech.

ITEM FOUR: Pocahontas Warren has made almost as many gaffes as Joe Biden. It is a three-way tie with Benghazi Hillary. It would be entertaining...to say the least...to watch Sarah do to them, what she to the Big Oil CEOs and their over-priced lawyers in all those Alaskan debates. The record of who won those is an easy look-up.

Right now, I think she is making too much money stirring the pot to take a pay cut...in the event of some miracle she became president.

ITEM FIVE:
This takes your PSD to a whole new level. Sarah's account of her failed VP race is the best-selling political book of its type ever published. It made her first millions and paid off all those frivolous lawsuits.
Palin books have consistently outsold Hillary by about five to one.
President Palin's autobiography will make her the richest woman in the world.
President Palin's record will put her at the top of every list you can think of...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
smile

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

ITEM FIVE:
This takes your PSD to a whole new level. Sarah's account of her failed VP race is the best-selling political book of its type ever published. It made her first millions and paid off all those frivolous lawsuits.
President Palin's record will put her at the top of every list you can think of...

You keep it up and you're gonna make Bowsinger type everything in BOLD RED, you already got him up to Everyting Bold level. Don't you be talkin bad about Sarah now, ya hear.!

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

ITEM THREE: Even the preponderance of Palin critics marveled at how well this hockey Mom, 3 or 4 weeks out of Wasilla, did against an old debater and campaigner like Uncle Joe. In front of the largest VP debate audience...ever. Just as they did with Sarah's busted teleprompter speech.

ITEM FOUR: Pocahontas Warren has made almost as many gaffes as Joe Biden. It is a three-way tie with Benghazi Hillary. It would be entertaining...to say the least...to watch Sarah do to them, what she to the Big Oil CEOs and their over-priced lawyers in all those Alaskan debates. The record of who won those is an easy look-up.

ITEM FIVE:

You feel the "tingle go down your leg" don't you.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (260Remguy, 1minute, 257 roberts, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,429 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,424
Posts18,489,150
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.