Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Been telling you boys, the enemy is all around.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
You heard it here first. Coyote hunting is next. Mark my words. They will outlaw it. mad

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
This sucks the hippies up here took away our hounds baiting and trapping hunting in General is next. At that point I think there will be a hippy season year round

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by conrad101st
For what it's worth, I hunt a WHOLE LOT, but trapping does seem rather cruel.

It may be tradition in the mind oif some people, but so was whipping slaves.

Go ahead and flame me, but trapping just looks stupid and women who wear furs are a dying breed. Time to evolve.

Welcome to the 21st century brainwashed American outdoorsman.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Been telling you boys, the enemy is all around.
I didn't think we had people like this in OK. I would bet he keeps his mouth shut in public

Last edited by rickmenefee; 01/26/15.

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by eh76
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Leg hold traps are already illegal in Kalifornia, the only trapping of bobcats is with box traps.
Even that is too much for the brain dead phux that dominate this embarrassment to the nation.

of which conrad101 leads the pack apparently....speaking out of his ass as usual.

Its not that they're brain dead (even though they are). Its their effing values. Animals are people too, didn't you know that?

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Go ahead and flame me, but trapping just looks stupid and women who wear furs are a dying breed. Time to evolve.

Conrad, I know others have already corrected you, but you can't use leg holds in Kalifornia. The trapping they banned is with box traps! If that's cruel, then so is a Zoo. crazy

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
CONRAD101ST - " ... Go ahead and flame me, but trapping just looks stupid and women who wear furs are a dying breed. Time to evolve. "

You're 100% wrong. The fashion industry is again designing fur apparel for women and they -- those who can afford it -- are buying the fur clothing like hot pancakes on a cold morning.

The PETA whackos and all their moronic ilk made a dent in fur attire sales for a few years... but those brain dead numbskulls are now on the run.

I see many more women today wearing fur garments than in the past. Real women love fur clothes. wink

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
GFY you piece of [bleep]. That is the exact same mentality that anti's use to justify why hunting should be banned. You are a [bleep] embarrassment.

The rest of you all sound like morons too.

If "anti's" need bad examples, they are rampant here

Y'all are big on "freedom of speech" as long as it's approved by you.

When it's not, you act like ignorant 7th graders

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

For fur being a dying statement...the fur prices this year are off to a pretty good start

2015 fur price outlook

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
And so it goes...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Snyper
GFY you piece of [bleep]. That is the exact same mentality that anti's use to justify why hunting should be banned. You are a [bleep] embarrassment.

The rest of you all sound like morons too.

If "anti's" need bad examples, they are rampant here

Y'all are big on "freedom of speech" as long as it's approved by you.

When it's not, you act like ignorant 7th graders

It has nothing to do with freedom of speech( a right, by the way, that is protected from retribution from the gov't. Not other citizens. He is absolutely entitled to say stupid things and everyone else is absolutely entitled to point out what a fool he is

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'm just speechless. Reckon I should have known what to expect, after dealing with the anti's for so long, and the type that back them....

But ignorance runs rampant among us. This site isn't immune.

It is good to see the number od those that get it, though.

Leghold traps are what is used to capture all the anti's precious wolves for relocation. It's all good as long as they use the method toward their own agenda.

It ain't about the animals. It's about your freedom, and keeping you out of the forest, and in the city.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Consider yourself flamed. You obviously have never trapped or even taken the time to look into trapping. Your post shows you are working off emotion not fact. By the way do you think for one second the same folks who pushed this won't be after your hunting rights next.

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'm not going to flame you. I will try to educate you.

First of all, it has no comparison to slavery or whipping slaves. That was a very poor analogy and I suspect even you can see that.

Trapping has been an integral part of the North American Model of Wildlife Conservation since its inception. That Model is the blueprint for effective wildlife management world-wide. It calls on science-based management of game and predator populations in order to help achieve a proper, healthy balance of animal populations in accordance with the surrounding ecosystem and human involvement. Hunting is a cornerstone of this, but so too is trapping.

Some species, predators especially, are not easily managed by hunting alone. This is due, in part, to their primarily nocturnal nature as well as their propensity to operate individually and the terrain in which they inhabit. This is doubly true for species like beaver, muskrat, otter, and mink who inhabit much more aquatic environments. Trapping, then, is a better means of population management. Trapping further allows for the retention of furs without unnecessary damage to the pelt (something not always possible with firearms involved), and especially when smaller animals are involved (ermine, mink, muskrat).

You do not have any firsthand knowledge of trapping. I would suggest that, if at all possible, connect with a local Hunter Education instructor and seek out a responsible local trapper. They can teach you, first hand, about trapping so that you might have a better understanding of what it is and what it is not. From there, you'll be able to make an educated evaluation.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You guys are obviously a passionate group.

Killing with a bullet is pretty damn quick. Just don't see the need to snag a beast with a leg trap and let it suffer all night long. I gather the leg traps are not in use in California. Still ain't my brand of whiskey. Yep, I'm a card carrying hypocrite.

We used to cut the giant sequoias, harpoon blue whales, shoot buffalo, blast ducks with punt guns, dump toxic waste in the Great Lakes, let 12 year old girls work in sweat shops, not have bag limits on carrier pigeons, tell blacks to stay out of our restaurants, not let our wives know how much we made, go to cock fights, swindle indians out their land, etc. - and we thought it was all normal. Things change no matter how much some people want to live in the past.

Conrad101st
1/503 Inf., 2nd ID (90-91)
3/327 Inf., 101st ABN (91-92)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You guys are obviously a passionate group.

Killing with a bullet is pretty damn quick. Just don't see the need to snag a beast with a leg trap and let it suffer all night long. I gather the leg traps are not in use in California. Still ain't my brand of whiskey. Yep, I'm a card carrying hypocrite.

We used to cut the giant sequoias, harpoon blue whales, shoot buffalo, blast ducks with punt guns, dump toxic waste in the Great Lakes, let 12 year old girls work in sweat shops, not have bag limits on carrier pigeons, tell blacks to stay out of our restaurants, not let our wives know how much we made, go to cock fights, swindle indians out their land, etc. - and we thought it was all normal. Things change no matter how much some people want to live in the past.

I should have known better than to try a rational approach and attempting to educate you on trapping. I won't make that mistake again.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
They have bag limits on carrier pigeons now? Wow am I in trouble

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I'd think a trap hurts like a hook hurts a fish....

I've snapped traps on my gloved hand. Its not that big of a deal.

I've turned a lot loose from traps for various reasons too... one very light coon I've turned loose twice... I have her on camera almost every day.

I can't imagine anyone being against box traps at all. That doesn't even come close to making sense.

And wearing fur, well its renewable and damn good at what it does, like wool, why use synthetics often made of petroleum products, when you have a nice quickly renewable resource at the palm of your hand.

I am on your side though, you have your right to have your opinion. Just that a lot of us don't agree or even understand the reasoning.

I suspect the trees are no longer cut, but we cut other trees every day. Renewable you know. Whales are harvested. Bison are shot. We have limits on ducks, how a punt gun is involved I'm not sure, IE it was about killing too many not the gun used.

Toxic waste never was a good thing.

Pigeons... well again its a limit thing not a hunting thing.

Sweatshops... I've worked since I can't recall, and lots of it outside, as a kid. Still got my education alright but work is good for a person. Even a female person.

Blacks should not be told to stay out of restaurants, but then again I think they should have never been brought here as a whole to start with. We've paid much more than "restitution" over that stupid decision for years now.

If you never told your wife what you made, thats your problem not mine. Mine makes more than I do and I"m good with it. It goes into one pot and we spend as needed.

I don't do cock fights,never had the urge, not sure why or why not.

Never had a thing to do with Indians, but then some things are out of our control. But calling it normal or not, thats a stretch IMHO.

Of course Carolyn always says I was born 100 years too late...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

424 members (1badf350, 1Longbow, 160user, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 163bc, 37 invisible), 2,456 guests, and 1,098 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,331
Posts18,526,672
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.