Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by JDK
It is not just social media, it is the Weather Channel and all of the media outlets. Named winter storms, what a joke. A little snow and wind and life as we know it ends.

Yup. This is nothing comparatively. This is just a New England snow storm really. Blowing, cold, snow is light weight.

The media constantly over hype this stuff and people in general today are big babies,so it works and they all get scared haha!

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Got a whopping 2 inches. Hardly worth cleaning up.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Stush
Originally Posted by Snyper
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Ya really gotta run out and buy a buncha chit 'cause you might be snowed in for a few days...or a week? Really? Ya don't keep basic chit in the house?

If you have to plan for additional meals at home you will probably need more things

Many people shop on pay day, so if they get snowed in for several days it's time to buy anyway

It would be foolish to NOT stock up on last minute items

It doesn't mean you'd die without them

It's called "being prepared"

If you're prepared, you don't need to stock up at the last minute to accommodate a few extra meals over the span of 48-72 hours.

Maybe they didn't "need to"

Maybe they wanted something

I don't understand why some make such a big deal about it

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Ever since one of the major networks (ABC?) bought out The Weather Channel there is a race to sensationalize weather as news. Same [bleep] weather we all experienced as kids. We just didn't go on and an about it. We just went out there and shoveled the schitt. And if it was so bad the roads were closed we ran snowmobiles down Main Street!

If this isn't true..I'll never forget Shepherd Smith though from Fox News covering Katrina. Granted, that was a true disaster on several levels but talk about a drama king..

Weather patterns or cycles have changed here though and I don't subscribe to global warming or anything man made at all but as a kid we'd regularly wade through thigh-high snow and have school off for three days to occasionally a week at a time. We still get the cold and the winds -- the first week in January this year we did not get above the -20's -- but we do not get the winter snow fall like in those days. I actually like the snow.

Last edited by George_De_Vries_3rd; 01/27/15.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
60-75 mph winds with lotsa snow are nothing to joke about. The storm track is pretty weird. Here we are in a cold dry air trough that is actaully keeping the real major snow to our east. Here we just got downgraded to 6-10 inches but winds are going to be most unpleasant. NH K9 and Gari in Camo are in the bullseye. I hope those guys do OK.
Some folks don't realize that houses are built differently in different areas and that one's house may not be built to withstand a "200 year storm" or whatever. Also, many trees won't withstand it and then one's house mayn't withstand said tree coming down upon the roof. You get a bunch of weight on those limbs and then compound it with high winds and the recipe for disaster has been met. We had one like that in 2001 and the week without power was not fun. Fortunately I was prepared and am more so now. Nothing like the real thing to get you up-to-speed for the next one. Stay safe my friend.

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Laffin, they really are drama queens the weather people, it's no where near what they said it would be(here at the shore anyways).

While it's still snowing and the wind blowing it around a little, I don't think we got even 10 inches of snow. When it stops, we'll go out and start up the snowblower, son and I will have maybe a little better than an hours work clearing it.

While the house is always stocked, I wouldn't have gone to the store if I needed anything anyways, the weather azzes put the sheeple in a panic and they stampede the food stores for supplies they won't even need.

Here's a view at the beach, it's a live streaming cam:

Manasquan Inlet live streaming Cam

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
At least the storm gave the media something to talk about other than Brady's balls.

Ready, Fire, Aim
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Anybody watch the morning crazies on the news in New York? Matt Lauer was making snow angels in the middle of 5th Avenue, and the newsman Al Roker said, I kid you not: "This storm did not set up as we hoped it would".

Really?

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

265 members (1badf350, 257 mag, 160user, 260Remguy, 06hunter59, 257 roberts, 24 invisible), 1,999 guests, and 1,107 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,327
Posts18,526,528
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.