-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Army times reports that no decision has been reached. Reports that fox is wrong. This is an hour or so ago. But the army times is notoriously silly when it comes to reporting truth.

Who knows. I'm ready for closure. I've been waiting on this [bleep] to turn up dead or get justice for a long time now.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hotload
WTF has the cowardly POS been doing for the last year or more ?

You can bet the farm he ain't been pulling KP. wink

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
CD: That might be true in the good Col's case, but in my 30 years I saw quite a few reprobates go to Portsmouth (then Leavenworth when PM closed)covering the entire spectrum of the UCMJ. In Bergdahl's case, he left, there is evidence and plenty of it, even that he gave sensitive info leading to the death/wounding of fellow soldiers. That much is there, right now and almost as compelling as the guy from Ft. Hood. I hope he gets what he deserves. After the trial of course.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
we'll never know... Bergdahl's about to have a bad ,bad accident > courtesy of politics

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I want to know if we get the $5Billion Dollars we gave for that traitor????? Along with the 5 terrorists, they should give us something back.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
So easy to go after Bergdahl, yet so hard for the brass to line up behind Shinseki and tell Cheney, Wolfowitz et. al. their plans were delusional. If your looking for cojones, the last place to look is the Pentagon.

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" -Isaac Asimov

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Shinseki is about as big a piece of [bleep] as berhgdahl.

Chinese black beret regards.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He was a lawyer.......... he wouldn't lie.

I intended for my post to show how hard it is to beat an Unauthorized Absence charge.

Also...I seem to recall that a designated combat zone is the same as wartime for purposes of enhancement of the charge.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bea175
Originally Posted by Odessa
What great timing by the Army - just yesterday the White House "spokesperson" was going on about how the Obama administration does not negotiate with terrorists (referring to the Japanese hostage held by ISIS). What irony!

Obama is a Terrorist hiding in this country

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
No decision made on Bergdahl yet?

So, did sources within the Army get fed-up with being bottled-up, and "go rogue" by letting the cat out of the bag? There have been too many news outlets (even friggin' NBC!) that have reported it, for it to be wrong.

Some intrigue to this.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
No decision made on Bergdahl yet?

So, did sources within the Army get fed-up with being bottled-up, and "go rogue" by letting the cat out of the bag? There have been too many news outlets (even friggin' NBC!) that have reported it, for it to be wrong.

Some intrigue coverup to this.

FC

Fixed it for ya.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A wheel fell off the machine, it has been replaced.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks like the deserter will just get a minor slap on the wrist.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/bowe-bergdahl-likely-be-charged-desertion-officials-say-n294466

The officials point out that Bergdahl will likely face a lesser charge of desertion described in the Uniform Code of Military Justice as leaving a post to avoid duty or shirk an important assignment, based on his actions when he left a remote outpost in June 2009.

Those charges carry a maximum sentence of 5 years in prison upon conviction, but sources tell NBC News the Army is considering crediting Bergdahl for the 5 years he spent in captivity and be given the opportunity to avoid prosecution by leaving the Army with a "less than honorable discharge."

If accepted, Bergdahl could be denied as much as $300,000 in back pay and benefits and be reduced in rank from Sergeant to Private First Class or lower.

The charges will apparently not allege that Bergdahl left with the intent never to return.

I'm better when I move.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
PhFuckck that.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Assuming it actually goes to trial and he's convicted, I think they'll sentence him to time served (regardless of whether they had him imprisoned or not), dishonorable discharge, and loss of back pay, which is significant. The back pay is an issue of almost 1/4 million.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm convinced he was/is a muzzie sympathizer and that he wasn't actually "imprisoned" during his time with the Taliban.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"The charges will apparently not allege that Bergdahl left with the intent never to return."

Fifty years ago, the "intent never to return" was the difference between Unauthorized Absence, or AWOL, and Desertion.

Sounds like something changed............. or the reporter got it wrong.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Today, the Pentagon got around to strongly deny any decision had been made or was soon to be made. That intense short General, who does their press stuff, was even a bit animated.

Seems to be a tough decision. Gotta be relieved these guys don't do anything important the rest of the time. whistle

Zero's prints are all over this. More legacy.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
LtCol Peters (USA-ret) on the Berghdal scandal:

Whitewash

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (222Sako, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 48 invisible), 2,378 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,294
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.