Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
....was a complete joke. Rambling, petty, incoherent, vulgar. Exhibit A on why she cannot and will not every be president of this country.

She embarrassed herself and conservatives---and that's what her friends are saying.

http://www.c-span.org/video/?323834-14/sarah-palin-iowa-freedom-summit

Byron Your's assessment....

http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/as-2016-race-begins-gop-faces-its-palin-problem/article/2559245

Last edited by RobJordan; 01/29/15.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now you went and did it Rob...!
BOWSINGER will be along shortly to kick your a$$.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by antlers

That's what I'm afraid of!! crazy

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by antlers

I already have...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
even ole Bow admits it wasn't her best moment.

just remember - the man can't ride you if your back isn't bent.

Last edited by KFWA; 01/29/15.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by KFWA
even ole Bow admits it wasn't her best moment.

just remember - the man can't ride you if your back isn't bent.

Posting Palin...Exploding Heads...Life is Good...
Walker was better than Palin in Iowa and Palin was better than Walker last night.
Sarah refocused and checked off her presidential to-do list of energy independence and cutting taxes to get things rolling again, the military, border security, and local control of our kid's education and so on.

�The man can only ride you when your back is bent. So strengthen it! Then the man can�t ride you, America won�t get taken for a ride, because so much is at stake.�
Sarah Palin 24 January 2015 Iowa Freedom Summit Des Moines, Iowa,

�And whenever men and women straighten their backs up, they are going somewhere, because a man can't ride your back unless it is bent.�
Martin Luther King, Junior 3 April 1968 I�ve Been to the Mountaintop Memphis, Tenn.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yea, typing it again doesn't make it any better

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Pointing out that it was a MLK quote, even if it takes two or three repeats, should eventually soak in...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Where is Tina Fey?

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by RobJordan
....was a complete joke. Rambling, petty, incoherent, vulgar.

http://www.c-span.org/video/?323834-14/sarah-palin-iowa-freedom-summit

lol

Some borderline paranoia and full-on victimhood spilling over in that performance.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As much as I like Palin, she needs to learn how to end one sentence before starting another.

"By the time you realize your father was a smart man, you have a teenager telling you just how stupid you are."
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
add, you nailed it! Dead on!!

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Here's Charles Cook's analysis (from NRO). Stick a fork in Sarah. She's done.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/397238/sarah-palin-slips-self-parody-charles-c-w-cooke#!

Here's the article (the comment section is brutal..."Sarah couldn't even get her three oldest children to graduate from high school. They all dropped out." Ouch!):

In Des Moines this past weekend, Sarah Palin gave a speech, and at long last the vultures began to circle. �A tragedy,� declared Joe Scarborough, on Morning Joe; �bizarro,� ajudged the London Times� Toby Harnden; �an interminable ramble,� said Iowa professor Sam Clovis. These, alas, were among the kinder adjectives.

In the Washington Examiner, Byron York treated those who missed the address to a brutal dissection. First, he recorded, Palin subjected the crowd to an �extended stream-of-consciousness complaint about media coverage of her decision to run in a half-marathon race in Storm Lake, Iowa.� Next, she offered up some self-righteous �grumbling about coverage of a recent photo of her with a supporter� and a litany of �objections about the social media ruckus over a picture of her six-year-old son Trig.� And, finally, she embarked upon a �free-association ramble on Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, the energy industry, her daughter Bristol, Margaret Thatcher, middle-class economics . . . women in politics, and much more.� All in all, York proposed, this did her no favors at all. Rather, the �long, rambling, and at times barely coherent speech, left some wondering what role she should play in Republican politics as the 2016 race begins.�

Advertisement

This, I think, is a good question, and one to which I have a modest answer: How about . . . none? Instead, Palin should leave the field to those who are in possession of genuine political aspirations, and she should refrain from treating the Republican party as if it were a little more than a convenient vehicle for her private ambition. In the meantime, conservatives who are finally cottoning on to the ruse should recognize that this Iowa sojourn was not an aberration or a blip, but the foreordained culmination of a slow and unseemly descent into farce that began almost immediately after Barack Obama was elected in 2008. So Sarah Palin has become Amy Winehouse? Of course she has. How else exactly was this going to end?

�It would be hard to say,� York observed drily, �that Palin�s 35-minute talk had a theme.� But, one might ask, �Do they ever?� For a long while now, Palin has not so much contributed arguments and ideas as she has thrown together a one-woman variety show for a band of traveling fans. One part free verse, one part Dada-laden ressentiment, and one part primal scream therapy, Palin�s appearances seem to be designed less to advance the ball for the Right and more to ensure that her name remains in the news, that her business opportunities are not entirely foreclosed, and that her hand remains strong enough to justify her role as kingmaker without portfolio. Ultimately, she isn�t really trying to change politics; she�s trying to be politics � the system and its complexities be damned. Want to find a figure to which Palin can be reasonably compared? It�s not Ronald Reagan. It�s Donald Trump.

Some people contain within them a magical quality that leads their fans toward idol worship, and, for whatever reason, Palin appears to have it in spades. But, as she has discovered for herself of late, this can be a decidedly mixed blessing. On the upside, cults provide their beneficiaries with a ready-made army of apologists and sponsors � people, that is, who have primed themselves to push back hard against the most modest of slights and to exact a price from anyone who exhibits the temerity to criticize their focus. On the downside, cults can serve to inoculate their subjects from legitimate judgment and to ease their descent into inadvertent self-parody. Partly because the media has been reflexively unfair to her, and partly because they feel generally put upon by the culture at large, Palin�s fans have of late provided her mostly with the latter service. Last weekend�s speech was the direct result of that tendency.

Consider, if you will, what happens to a person who suggests that Sarah Palin is anything other than saintly. Right off the bat, they are accused of disliking America or Alaska or conservatives or mothers or the working class � or even women in general � and then they are informed that their �hatred� is showing. Next, their motives are questioned and their supposedly secret �agenda� is exposed for the world to see, for no right-thinking person could dislike Palin on the merits, natch. �I hope you enjoy your elite cocktail parties,� the apologists will say, and then they will huffily tell you that they �hope signaling that you are �one of them� was worth it.� And finally � as is the case when one expresses disapproval of other cult figures, such as President Obama, Ron Paul, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, and Paul Krugman � it is presumed that all animadversion must be motivated by envy or by snobbery or by secret admiration, and that it can therefore be safely ignored. �What have you done,� they will ask, �that compares to my paragon of virtue?� All told, it�s really quite pathetic.

It is deeply unconservative, too. The Right will likely never agree on how best it should move forward, but we might at least unite against the belief that there exist superheroes who are able to save the country from itself; against the idea that any one person can be the official standard bearer of a whole ideological or demographic group; and against the presumption that conservatism will gain anything much at all from the promotion and advancement of its most erratic champions. Further still, we might refrain from attempting to immunize our friends from the consequences of their actions. Having been mercilessly and unjustly pilloried by the media throughout the 2008 campaign, Sarah Palin had a clear choice in its aftermath: She could sober up and prove the buggers wrong, or she could collapse into ignominious pasquinade. Sadly, she chose the latter. The rest of us should choose to move on.

Last edited by RobJordan; 01/29/15.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, let's see here...You (Rob) are a rabid Sarah hater. You can find others to quote who feel the same. Big whoopie. I didn't hear this particular speech of hers, but if it was a poor job, might we not just chalk it up to her unbelievably busy schedule, or something? So she had a bad night. It does not obviate all the other many occasions when she was erudite, concise, and just plain riveting.

She's smarter, and certainly a helluva lot more honest, than the Hilldabeast.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm sure you can find many positives to say about Sara Palin.

I wouldn't start with her intellect compared to Hillary Clinton.

(and no that doesn't make me a Hillary Clinton supporter)

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
At least she's been right on myriad foreign policy issues, whereas Clinton can't even beat a broken clock. Seriously, you think Clinton comes across as an "intellectual"? I just find this thread amusing in it's predictability. If Sarah were to walk on water, the haters would just say "yeah, that's because she can't swim."

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pro gun, pretty woman's mistakes are never bad.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
At least she's been right on myriad foreign policy issues, whereas Clinton can't even beat a broken clock. Seriously, you think Clinton comes across as an "intellectual"? I just find this thread amusing in it's predictability. If Sarah were to walk on water, the haters would just say "yeah, that's because she can't swim."

I think Clinton graduated from Yale Law School after graduating from some east coast prep college. I had to look up Palin, but after attending 3 other colleges prior she graduated with a degree in journalism from the University of Idaho.

Look , I'm a Bengals fans, and I hate the Steelers, but I can admit that Ben Roethlesberger is a better quarterback than Andy Dalton. Doesn't mean I want Ben as my QB, but I'm not gonna make Andy out to be the next Joe Montana just because he's on my team.

If you want to talk up Palin about being "common sense" smart or something, whatever , but Yale versus a journeyman's stop to University of Idaho (which I'm sure is a good school in its own right) is not a comparison.

Last edited by KFWA; 01/29/15.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by RobJordan
....was a complete joke. Rambling, petty, incoherent, vulgar. Exhibit A on why she cannot and will not every be president of this country.

She embarrassed herself and conservatives---and that's what her friends are saying.

No, that is what those conservatives who are petrified about her other 999 pitch perfect speeches that their guy can't match.
This is what her friends are saying.
Tea Party Express Thanks Sarah Palin
Posted on January 28 2015
Thank You Sarah Palin!

One of the most powerful and effective voices for change in American politics has been Governor Sarah Palin. Yet, even some of our conservative friends cannot resist the temptation to join in with liberals to be overly critical about one of her recent public appearances.

Governor Palin has been on the front lines of every battle, rallying and motivating voters in a way that only she can.
It�s no wonder why the recent Public Policy Polling found that Palin is the most liked potential Presidential candidate among Republican voters � higher favorables than EVERY OTHER CANDIDATE.

The Tea Party movement has been about changing the policies in Washington by changing the players through effective election campaign efforts. We have had remarkable success in bringing strong and bold conservative leaders into public office. It was just a few years ago that we didn�t have Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, Rand Paul, Mike Lee and so many other tea party favorites in Congress.

With your support, Tea Party Express has played an important role in making tremendous change in both the Senate and the House of Representatives. Both houses are teeming with new tea party inclined Members of Congress. However, we haven�t done it alone.

One person that we have always been able to count on was Governor Sarah Palin. That doesn�t mean we always agree, as we have been on the opposite sides of a couple of contests, but she is as close to a leader for the tea party movement as there is. This isn�t time to join the liberal crusade to discredit her. Instead, we should be resolute in support of this remarkable woman who has dedicated herself to the cause of American liberty.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You didn't seem to have any issues disparaging Bush's intellect and he was a Yale grad. Frankly, I just look at what they say, write and opine, then go from there. Ronald Reagan was also accused of being intellectually lacking, yet his mastery of his job, his writing and philosophies are now recognized by many as being demonstrative of a superb intellect. Obama is a Harvard Graduate, and I believe John Kerry is also Ivy league and he is as dumb as a box of rocks.

Palin (whose vocal chords are akin to nails on a chalkboard) has spoken and written some very well-reasoned philosophies and Hillary has not. Both however are TERRIBLE orators. Bottom line is I LIKE just about everything she says and I don't like ANYTHING Hillary has to say, much less her personal and proven lack of integrity. I'll close by saying I agree with Ann Coulter, who said if women didn't vote, the last democrat elected for president would have been FDR....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (6mmbrfan, 6MMWASP, 79S, 7mm_Loco, 444Matt, 2ndwind, 10 invisible), 1,539 guests, and 817 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,554
Posts18,510,418
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.