-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thank you for answering, and at least you're honest. I have serious doubt Sarah will run, but her message is a good one and if it accomplishes anything I hope it will help push the GOP toward running a republican. It seems like you swing either way R or D. At least you have an open mind. For those of us who are staunch republicans nothing would be worse than hillary vs. Cristy. I don't know if I would stay home, or vote for hillary. Just hoping Sarah gets the message across so that we don't let that situation occur.

P.S. any debates between hillary and Cruz would totally destroy hillary. Unlikely to happen as well, but I can dream.

http://pin.it/_WJQ2xO

and FREE EYEBALL!
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
What is her message? When as governor she was faced with the choice of shrinking the welfare state or raising taxes, she raised taxes. When later she was faced with the choice of supporting the Tea Party or supporting John McCain in Arizona, she came out with a strong endorsement of McCain.

If Sarah Palin didn't look like she does and/or she were a man or even a woman who looked like Hillary Clinton, no one would even know her name.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by KFWA
[
I was a Ron Paul supporter, but what I don't get is this idea that every GOP candidate has better morals, and is a better overall person than a democrat.

There's two of your problems right there. RP was a complete na�ve rube when it came to Foreign Policy (and I still would have gladly voted for him had he been the nominee)and as far as the latter, having a D after your name means (to me) you are an enemy to the American Way of Life.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
That is a good one, add. Does bring back memories of Captain Queeg on the stand.

I wonder if Sara Palin ever found the strawberries.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
To respond to your edit: no, she is not a good speaker. But her message is excellent. Quite the opposite of hillary and obama who give great speaches. While their messages are [bleep]. I'm kind of thinking Sarah probably writes her own speeches, and shouldn't.

and FREE EYEBALL!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
[
I was a Ron Paul supporter, but what I don't get is this idea that every GOP candidate has better morals, and is a better overall person than a democrat.

There's two of your problems right there. RP was a complete na�ve rube when it came to Foreign Policy (and I still would have gladly voted for him had he been the nominee)and as far as the latter, having a D after your name means (to me) you are an enemy to the American Way of Life.

its not a problem to me.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
That's obvious; on both counts.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mog75
Thank you for answering, and at least you're honest. I have serious doubt Sarah will run, but her message is a good one and if it accomplishes anything I hope it will help push the GOP toward running a republican. It seems like you swing either way R or D. At least you have an open mind. For those of us who are staunch republicans nothing would be worse than hillary vs. Cristy. I don't know if I would stay home, or vote for hillary. Just hoping Sarah gets the message across so that we don't let that situation occur.

P.S. any debates between hillary and Cruz would totally destroy hillary. Unlikely to happen as well, but I can dream.

No, that's one of the problems on this board - if you don't pull the lever for R's, then you must vote for democrats.

I didn't vote for Romney because I thought he was too liberal.

Of course to some that means I indirectly voted for Obama. I ignore those people. I pull the lever for who I think will be the best president. Gary Johnson got my vote in the last election.

Its not my responsibility to vote for a Republican, its the Republicans responsibility to give me a candidate I can vote for.

Lately they haven't been close.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Any regrets?

and FREE EYEBALL!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A good read on the Third Party vote with some good examples. Full disclosure there are other theories supporting the opposite view, but this one as presented made sense to me:

wasted vote?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
To those in AK,..could SP have been elected to the Senate in 2012 if she'd have ran.?

What's the general feel? Sounds like she could have walked away with that job easily but I don't know what's going on with AK politics.

If so, why didn't she run.?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mog75
Any regrets?

Obamacare is killing healthcare in this country.

but as long as we give the republicans unconditional support, we're going to continue to get these people that people like Jorge don't vote for, they just vote against the other candidate, and then spend the next 3 years telling me how wrong my logic is while they wait for their chance to vote against the next Democrat.

Last edited by KFWA; 01/30/15.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Your argument LACKS logic. Trying to prove a negative is a false narrative. Had Romney won, who is to say obamacare would not have been cancelled? Romney DID say he would have done so. I just try (try) to look at things factually and facts, at least to me, lend credence to the concept of voting for a candidate with ZERO chance of winning as bad logic. Lastly, I voted AGAINST Kerry and he lost, that right there, puts pay to your posit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
he asked if I had any regrets. I said Obamacare is killing healthcare.

I'm implying that if a republican had won, we wouldn't have Obamacare.

after that I hear the teacher on Charlie Brown when reading your post

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Completely understand the analogy and why your compiler acts like the teacher of Charlie Brown..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cisco1
To all you Palin haters:
She is a jewel in the rough , as far as her speeches go, probably will never sound as good as obama,
However, you who critique her on speech show your ignorance and poor political acumen.
Go get your avocados for the super bowl game.

I don't hate her
I'm just a realist, and she's not smart enough to do more than she is doing now, which is looking good and parroting rhetoric to get some folk all excited

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snyper
Originally Posted by cisco1
To all you Palin haters:
She is a jewel in the rough , as far as her speeches go, probably will never sound as good as obama,
However, you who critique her on speech show your ignorance and poor political acumen.
Go get your avocados for the super bowl game.

I don't hate her
I'm just a realist, and she's not smart enough to do more than she is doing now, which is looking good and parroting rhetoric to get some folk all excited

Here at this Campfire, if you don't go along with the Palin cheerleaders, then you "hate" her...just like if you don't go along with the Republican Party cheerleaders, then you're a commie liberal.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Here at this Campfire, if you don't go along with the Palin cheerleaders, then you "hate" her...just like if you don't go along with the Republican Party cheerleaders, then you're a commie liberal.

Jane you ignorant slut; its not about her, but her message, and if you disagree with that, you are a commie POS. grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by watch4bear

... its not about her, but her message...

Her message is reminiscent of a modern day Elmer Gantry. Tell the 'believers' what they want to hear (since they are the 'only' ones receptive to it), whip em' into a frenzy in the process...and profit financially from it in a huge way.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I think Clinton graduated from Yale Law School after graduating from some east coast prep college.

Are you familiar with this moron who is a graduate of Yale and the University of Virginia School of Law?

[Linked Image]

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (160user, 12344mag, 1234, 007FJ, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 57 invisible), 2,523 guests, and 1,389 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,686
Posts18,475,107
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.