-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I will be in charge of the treasury, and will damn well make sure a picture of Candice Swanepoel is on the new currency. Bitch bucks are finally gonna have a hot bitch on them.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
GB1

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Deflave for supreme leader!

Thought he already was. He and SYSOP!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
All this talk makes me think. If a person wants to really prepare for an unknown catastropic event, they should probably simulate one, although I doubt most would.

It could be as easy as shutting off thier utilities and motorized equipment for while or loading up their family and driving into the counrty until the vehicle runs out of gas. It doesn't take long before things begin to prioritize themselves.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have enough to last a winter without utilities.

As with a few others, I'm already "in the hills." And I can tell you this: The topic comes up sometimes about many people saying they'd run for the hills. The typical response from hill people is that it wouldn't be a great idea. We wouldn't want hordes of idiots adding to our local idiots.

Aside from all that, living in the hills, especially in winter, ain't all that easy without utilities. Especially if you're used to suburban living.

So good luck with that plan if that's what it is. If you own a piece of land in the hills already, then by all means, come on up.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I keep a list of people that I know will have food, and are unarmed.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It could be as easy as shutting off thier utilities and motorized equipment for while or loading up their family and driving into the counrty until the vhicle runs out of gas.

About every 10 years or so, Mother nature does that for us here in Arkansas, with a major ice storm. Longest that I have been without electric is 18 days, and then I bought a generator as my freezers were starting to thaw. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ltppowell
All this talk makes me think. If a person wants to really prepare for an unknown catastropic event, they should probably simulate one, although I doubt most would.

It could be as easy as shutting off thier utilities and motorized equipment for while or loading up their family and driving into the counrty until the vehicle runs out of gas. It doesn't take long before things begin to prioritize themselves.

That's what those TV prepper's do. Funniest one was when they all got into a raft and then stabbed it with a knife. The dog made it to shore.

Last edited by byc; 01/30/15.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
SHTF and I'm going to the beach.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll be fine.

[Linked Image]

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Just two generations ago, my grandparents, they survived and prospered. Are we so pussified it can't be done again.

My grandmother drove mule teams, a model A across railroad ties laid in the sand dunes for a road and later a Cadillac.

There will always be some that can tough it out.

Kent

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

reading that story about the guy surviving in the city for 2 years during the Slovenia war was enlightening.

Buy a few cases of liquor to barter, stock up on ammo and have a bunch of medical supplies, soap and cleaning supplies is what I took away from his experience.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA

reading that story about the guy surviving in the city for 2 years during the Slovenia war was enlightening.

Buy a few cases of liquor to barter, stock up on ammo and have a bunch of medical supplies, soap and cleaning supplies is what I took away from his experience.

Yep, and a skill that puts you in demand making you worth more alive than dead.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The DEA burned a large stash of recently seized mota upwind of my place some time back, inducing a terminal case of the munchies.
I'm glad this thread reminded me to go check my SHTF supplies.
Sure enough, the Miss Debbie Chocolate Cupcake bunker looks like it could stand a re-stock.
Other than that,all is in good order.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
also - live in a burned out shell of a house because if people think you have something to protect, they're going to come after you

Last edited by KFWA; 01/30/15.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Deflave for supreme leader!

+1.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Praise the Lord and pass the 22-250.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA
also - live in a burned out shell of a house because if people think you have something to protect, their going to come after you

Yep.

If you let people know you have something they might want, don't be surprised when someone comes to try to take it.

That goes double in these SHTF fantasies. I especially love the ones where old, sick, worn-out, or constantly traveling dudes with pretty wives and/or daughters think that they are going to hole up and "defend the Alamo" if SHTF. Yeah, right. You've got something "wanted", and if it's just you, then someone is going to come take it. The ones where they'll have the wife/daughters engaged in daily outside the house chores fetching stuff, or where they'll bundle everything up and set out with them into the wilderness alone is even more hilarious.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's not so much are you prepared enough, it's are you you mean enough to survive?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I love the "head for the hills" plan.

I've never had easier living than when I lived next to the ocean.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
I have the skills to get by the same way my ancestors did and enough food to get through until I raise more if needed.

My dad, who's 83, didn't live in a house with electricity until he was in the eighth grade when they moved to town. He taught me alot about raising food and the practicalities of butchering meat without the niceties of freezers and such. My grandmother was a wealth of knowledge also.

Chit you can't read in a book.

Kent

Kent,

I agree knowledge is the most important. I doubt if Arizona could support 1 million people these days, 1/2 million was ok when your grand dad (and mine) were running around.

think about the deer hunting around globe and superior and morenci....when there was a strike. not so good.

the number of people that go hunting now is higher than ever, the gear is better than ever, and a lot of these folks are pretty good hunters.

I'm figuring most game is going to be cleaned out pretty quick.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

490 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 57 invisible), 2,848 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,615
Posts18,473,942
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.