Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by Shortgrub
Usually when the word fine comes from a wife it's like yes dear coming from a man. At least it's been that way with all my ex wives.
A woman saying "fine" is never a good thing. She's putting another nail in you coffin.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you feel a need to bother to ask I've found that your best chance for an affirmative answer is after you've sent her flowers and do the asking during an "out to dinner" occasion. But it's got to be something that you really want and is really expensive to go to that much trouble. wink grin

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I kept mum about offering advice about wives since I've been single a lot more years in my life than I was married, but I will make one observation. When meeting a woman, one of the first questions out of my mouth is how she feels about guns, lots of guns. Her reply determines whether or not she gets an invitation for a nightcap, seeing as how my loading bench which is in my living room also serves as a drinks table. A negative reply on her part closes the door on further dates, but doesn't necessarily stop me from wangling an invite to her place. However much I'm willing to tolerate an anti-gun attitude pretty much depends on how hot she is. A Marylin Monroe-type could maybe find me selling all my shooting stuff and taking up interior decorating...

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Just was texting the wife about dinner plans. Sent her an "Okey Dokey" as confirmation............

Looked at it a minute later and saw that autocorrect changed it to "Okay Donkey".

I'm a dead man.

How was dinner? whistle grin

"Every day above ground is a good day."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
this is the funniest post I've ever read ....LMAO

I'm with gnoahhh ..

plab

Gotta love them 303's
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Southern_WI_Savage
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Just was texting the wife about dinner plans. Sent her an "Okey Dokey" as confirmation............

Looked at it a minute later and saw that autocorrect changed it to "Okay Donkey".

I'm a dead man.

How was dinner? whistle grin

I hope Calhoun didn't end up eating a can of Dinty Moore that he heated up over a fire in the backyard. grin

Last edited by gnoahhh; 01/31/15.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Dinner was fine, nice bbq dinner with our youngest and her sister. She apparently laughed her butt off when she got my text, thought I was trying to be funny!

This is why we are happy after 30 years of marriage. grin

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Got 12 years on you. She for the most part doesn't ask me many questions and for the most part I tell her no lies. Given a few years of my former occupation saying "it's classified" comes in handy from time to time. grin

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

309 members (1minute, 204guy, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 42 invisible), 2,460 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,428
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.