Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Move to Havre.

Why in da fuuc would anyone move to canada?

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is the internet.

We are ALL prepared as tier-1 uber-ninja operators that can handle any SHTF scenario.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Neighbor feeds the birds and squirrels so they are fat and abundant. Food base is covered smile

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
kaboku: You say that your wife has hypothyroid, and you also said you go somewhere to get seaweed.
Are you getting the seaweed to treat your wife's ailment?

I, too have suffered from hypothyroid for 20 years. It will really mess up your life. It is especially scary to think about dealing with hypothyroid in a survival situation.

I went around and around with Armour Thyroid, which is freeze dried pig thyroid gland, stuff worked pretty well. Was on synthroid for about a week, that stuff didn't do me right.

At any rate, I now take 3 supplements, which really help and I am about back to my old self. I take 200 mcg selenium, 25 mg iron citrate, and 225 mcg kelp daily. Kelp, as I'm sure you know, is seaweed, comes in little pills.

Here is my source for kelp:

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-premium-kelp-iodine-source-225-mcg-500-tabs?otherSize=SW337

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BC30cal

Do you think that's enough prepping for me or should I consider converting to LDS?

Thanks in advance.

Dwayne

PS;
Corb's a self confessed "back slidden Mormon" wink

Dwayne,

I don't think anybody is stupid enough to bother you. SHTF or not.

I hope you and your foreign country are doing well. Weather is good here so I may even go outside this weekend.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by eh76
Neighbor feeds the birds and squirrels so they are fat and abundant. Food base is covered smile

We have one of those community gardens.

After all the vegetables become ripe for picking you can just walk through and take whatever you need. It's really cool and beats the schit out of having your own garden.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If your only plan is guns and ammo, you're going to have a rough time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Drinking water would be my major issue. Several months of food and about a 5 year supply of fire wood on hand.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by eh76

We have one of those community gardens.

After all the vegetables become ripe for picking you can just walk through and take whatever you need. It's really cool and beats the schit out of having your own garden.

Travis

translation: I steal food out of my neighbors yard at night

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I would work to transition her from synthyroid to the iodine found in seawake seaweed. It wouldn't be perfect but hopefully it would work enough in the long run.

Sincerely,
Thomas

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by KFWA

translation: I steal food out of my neighbors yard at night

No.

Sometimes it is early morning.

Travis

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by johnw

What are your gardening skills and how much garden do you maintain?

You ever try and grow something in Wyoming? You have to have mad skills to get anything to grow!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I have everything I need so I don't have to leave the house for 2 months. That should get me through most natural disasters.

We are not talking about whiskey! grin

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by krp
I have the skills to get by the same way my ancestors did and enough food to get through until I raise more if needed.

My dad, who's 83, didn't live in a house with electricity until he was in the eighth grade when they moved to town. He taught me alot about raising food and the practicalities of butchering meat without the niceties of freezers and such. My grandmother was a wealth of knowledge also.

Chit you can't read in a book.

Kent

Kent,

I agree knowledge is the most important. I doubt if Arizona could support 1 million people these days, 1/2 million was ok when your grand dad (and mine) were running around.

think about the deer hunting around globe and superior and morenci....when there was a strike. not so good.

the number of people that go hunting now is higher than ever, the gear is better than ever, and a lot of these folks are pretty good hunters.

I'm figuring most game is going to be cleaned out pretty quick.

Sycamore

thats what most people dont realize..in the early 1900's people looked around and realized the whitetail deer might wind up extinct there were so few around...and that was with a hell of alot less mouths to feed than today....even up here in the middle of nowhere it was notable to see just tracks when my granddad was a young adult....good big game hunting is a relatively new thing in its present form and takes alot of rules being followed to keep it that way with the number of people versus number of critters....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
kaboku: You say that your wife has hypothyroid, and you also said you go somewhere to get seaweed.
Are you getting the seaweed to treat your wife's ailment?

I, too have suffered from hypothyroid for 20 years. It will really mess up your life. It is especially scary to think about dealing with hypothyroid in a survival situation.

I went around and around with Armour Thyroid, which is freeze dried pig thyroid gland, stuff worked pretty well. Was on synthroid for about a week, that stuff didn't do me right.

At any rate, I now take 3 supplements, which really help and I am about back to my old self. I take 200 mcg selenium, 25 mg iron citrate, and 225 mcg kelp daily. Kelp, as I'm sure you know, is seaweed, comes in little pills.

Here is my source for kelp:

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-premium-kelp-iodine-source-225-mcg-500-tabs?otherSize=SW337

seriously thinking of trying this route and see if it helps me....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Canadian is my second language.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Move to Havre.

Why in da fuuc would anyone move to canada?

That's a racist comment.

And inaccurate.

Travis

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
I'll be fine.

[Linked Image]

Highly unlikely you'll be fine with only 18 beers.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
There's no beer in that picture.

Travis

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
In the SHTF scenario, the deer and turkeys wouldn't last long.
The Game Warden and the Sheriff would be out shooting deer with a spotlight at night, so they could feed their families.
In about a month, all gone.

As someone suggested, one valuable trade commodity would be booze. Squirrel away 3 or 4 cases of George Dickel, or Smirnoff Vodka, nice but not too expensive booze. Get it in glass bottles.
In the survival situation, you got a bottle of George Dickel with the seal intact, you could trade it for just about anything.

The cheapest way to store a lot of food is to get five gallon buckets of dried beans, corn, barley, hard red winter wheat, etc, nitrogen packed.
Stored in a basement this food will last 25 years. While brown rice is very good for you, no good for long term storage, it only lasts 18 months.

Get a hand cranked grain grinder and grind up some wheat and corn and make some cornbread. Add a cup of the hydrated cooked beans to a loaf of cornbread, you have almost a perfect food. Costs about five cents per slice.

[Linked Image]

My Corona grain grinder. This thing is built like a tank, weighs 11 pounds.

Last edited by simonkenton7; 01/30/15.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 61 invisible), 2,440 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,203
Posts18,485,258
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.