-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If Conservatives would start early and abandon their personal favorites for Susana Martinez, we could jam Jeb Bush up the RNC's ass.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I agree with your assessment about Palin, that ship has sailed.

She has more "common sense" than most elected officials being not too removed from middle class values. But she tripped on the big stage and the left HATES middle class values, hard work, fair taxation etc.

but Cruz, I won't concede defeat on Cruz as of yet.

you're probably right on this matter

but if you are it only means we get a Dem or a Dem lite (Rino)

either way we lose, one is just at a slower pace than the other

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
sorry Tracks, reply intended to Bob, but read the first page and on my settings yours was the last post sir.

my bad

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by sherp
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
So Bob, seems Cruz doesn't represent your values. Who does?

Bob would love Cruz to be the man. He just doesn't believe it can happen. That's where he's wrong.

Christie is so tainted that pretty much anybody else has a better chance of winning the primary. Palin could beat him. Opposing PAC just has to run that pic of him hugging Obama, and the NRA will slaughter him.

With the current group, I'd guess Walker vs Jeb in the primary. Then Jeb for the loss versus almost any Dem.

the NRA will give him support and a venue just like they did Giulliani, Romney, McCain, and others.

You don't deserve a GFY. Go [bleep] yourself. Seriously.

http://pin.it/_WJQ2xO

and FREE EYEBALL!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lt. I cringe when I hear electable. To me that says there is a lack of belief in one's values. It's like the Pope preaching from the Torah to hedge his bet. We need to stand up and be counted.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
As much as I like Cruz, I'm not sure he will draw the money. Popularity yes, money no. And he does have those weird eyes.....I don't think he can draw that middle ground of undecideds that bite for looks/popularity.

In my mind, Rubio is the one to watch, at least now. Can he increase his value to the big R.? If so, the money will follow.

Other than the worthless RINOs (Christie, etc.) the one I really despise is PaulRyan for what he did to the military on his last budget deal...since he really doesn't have a military constituency, he and Patty (Butch) Murray threw military and military retirees to the wolves. I still have an ass-whoopin in my pocket for him should we cross paths.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
For the primary...

Cruz has been too much of a firebrand, imo. MSM can come up with too many out of context quotes and Palinize him and he'll lose the low information east coast Republicans.

Rubio is tainted with open borders and amnesty, so can't see him making it.

Christie I already talked about, Obama hug and then the NRA and the base hates him.

Gov. Martinez is a no-name outside of Arizona... Huge odds against.

Jindal comes across as more evangelical than I think the moderates will go for.

Palin and Trump won't make it out of the starting gate.

Walker... Dunno. Man keeps winning, and I can't think of too much that will hurt him nationally.

Jeb will have huge money and Fox pushing him, but his in your face amnesty stance is going to be a huge backlash and every radio talking head is going to spend months bashing him.

Ben Carson just doesn't have the street cred and his missteps on 2A and other things just won't be possible to overcome.

But things will change, and it's just my opinions. If Christie is in the final stretch, though, I'm gonna be close to giving up.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A picture is worth a thousand words...

[Linked Image]

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Pat...I hear you and understand what you're attempting to address but the fact of the matter is Cruz hasn't even begun putting together a national ground game nor does he yet have the necessary PACS to fund them.

Texans love him, no doubt. I think he's fantastic. I think he needs the support of Florida, Ohio and Michigan. I don't see that yet.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mog75
Originally Posted by sherp

the NRA will give him support and a venue just like they did Giulliani, Romney, McCain, and others.

You don't deserve a GFY. Go [bleep] yourself. Seriously.

And why is that? I did not say anything that wasn't 100% factual. Why does actual history upset you so much?

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
IC B3

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by mog75
Are you claiming to hava a 270 with a rifled barrel I'm intrigued. Surely it's a custom, tell me more. It looks nice but I'd assumed it was smooth bore. I'm currently gitting into bullet casting. If you buy the mold I'll pour you some rifled slugs for it. Let me know.
Don't have "a" .270,have that one and 3 others ,one being the Wby version.

It's a Featherweight "Custom High Grade" that I bought from cdnn sports.

Thanks for the offer to cast bullets for me,but,don't shoot cast bullets in my rifles. The load that the Featherweight likes is 60.0 grs H-4831SC,Fed 210 match with a 130 gr Swift A-Frame.

It has Talley Lightweights and a 4x Zeiss.
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by isaac
Pat...I hear you and understand what you're attempting to address but the fact of the matter is Cruz hasn't even begun putting together a national ground game nor does he yet have the necessary PACS to fund them.

Texans love him, no doubt. I think he's fantastic. I think he needs the support of Florida, Ohio and Michigan. I don't see that yet.
Cruz has what,6-8 months to put that all together before the primaries. That's IF he wants to be POTUS.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would like to see Cruz as the next President, but I doubt that he can garner the votes. Too many liberals in the upper management of the party. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

Cruz has what,6-8 months to put that all together before the primaries. That's IF he wants to be POTUS.

=============

Valid points but he needs to get it out there and front and center, rather than attempt to play catch up.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Would like to see Cruz also,I think he needs to wait and run in 2020 or 2024.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

=============

Valid points but he needs to get it out there and front and center, rather than attempt to play catch up.
If he's playing "catch up" right now he's already too far behind. Think he needs to wait till 2020 or 2024 to run for POTUS.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
[quote=curdog4570]If Conservatives would start early and abandon their personal favorites for Susana Martinez, we could jam Jeb Bush up the RNC's ass.[/quote

Cur, i figure there are a lot of R type folks who fear the idea a woman president and not vote, as they didnt like the idea of a mormon in the WH.

I think what you say would also apply to Cruz or Walker.

A recent poll showed only about 40 % of voters think Romney would have done a better job thab 0 has. About 60% feel 0 has done better than R would have.

It is almost unreal.

Living Translation
"The Lord has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts--so that their eyes cannot see, and their hearts cannot understand, and they cannot turn to me and have me heal them."

Last edited by eyeball; 01/31/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
50% feel 0 has done better than R would have.

Funny thing about that. They think the US is in bad shape but they can't see Zero's part in that. They are truly blinded to reality. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Gov. Martinez is a no-name outside of Arizona... Huge odds against."

Yeah, and Barack Hussein Obama was on everybody's mind in 2006. And the Governor of Arkansas was odds on favorite for next POTUS in 1990.

You summed up the weakness of the field pretty well.That's why it's imperative that rank and file conservatives coalesce early around an alternative to Bush, and I think Susana is a better choice than Walker.

BTW... She's N.M., not AZ.[ but Texas bred and born grin ]

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Is this the thread where Bob tries to convince us of his conservative values while telling us no conservative has a chance in the general election so we should vote for the biggest rino in the primary? He is starting awful early...must truly be scared that a conservative might actually win this time.

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (BALLISTIK, 6mmbrfan, 907brass, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 8 invisible), 1,483 guests, and 949 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,222
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.