Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Jeffbird, I've tried a lot of them and the Wiha is hands down my favorite. The calibration report was provided when purchased and there was essentially no error. I intend to send to Jason and I'm anticiping similar results.

Wiha torque screwdriver

1/4" Drive

GB1

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jeffbird
4th,

for the Wheeler, how about going at it from the other end of the equation?

Set the check tool at a figure say 20, and then adjust the Wheeler until it is clicking right at 20. Then take a photo of the bar position. That should answer the question of position.

Good idea.

The pic below was taken with the wrench clicking at exactly 25 in*lb. I didn't do any more settings. CTSMITH donated it for dissection. I just need to take the sucker apart and snap some pics.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jeffbird
The Park looks great, but does not appear that it will not fit conveniently in my tool box where the Wheeler or similar does.

What is the size of the Park? Does it come in some sort of protective case?

Which of the more compact models would you recommend that will fit conveniently in a tool box or range bag?

Thanks for running this test. Very interesting.

The Park will not fit in a small rangebag. And there is no protective case, just a cardboard box. But it seems like a steal, and excellent tool for home use based on the one that Swarf sent. I like the Park wrench ALOT! I plan to buy one in the near future.

So far the only compact wrench I've tested is the Fatty... one older one from CTSMITH and a newer one from a buddy. The newer one did well but there's a bunch of other wrenches out there. Even so, I still like beam wrenches so I see a permanent place for the Park.

I may try the Warne TW-1. It only has one setting... 25 in*lb, but its as simple as it gets.

Whatever you decide on, I'd be happy to test it for you. Just let me know.

Jason

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jason,

PM me your address and I'll send you two Borka wrenches and a PTL (Precision Torque Limiter) for testing.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by StudDuck
Jason,

PM me your address and I'll send you two Borka wrenches and a PTL (Precision Torque Limiter) for testing.

Did these get sent and tested?

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No, I never heard from him. Maybe he didn't see my post above.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Just saw it. Pm on the way.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Well???

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Don't have them yet.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 4th_point
Don't have them yet.

Mailing them out tomorrow. I came down with a stomach virus and have been out of commission since last Wednesday eve.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't have them yet.

How 'bout now?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
My CDI 0-75 inch lb dial type wrench came with cal certs, left and right hand. within 1% IIRC. About $150 from Amazon, American made.
You can measure running torque, like when you have dry Locktite, and add your desired amount easily.

There is no retreat but in submission and slavery!
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I have a Wheeler Fat Wrench that appears to look like the second one you tested, the one that has a 20% error. I have had this wrench for 10 years or so.

Now, I also have the instructions for the wrench. Below is a quote from those instructions.

"If the upper edge of the red mark on the sliding indicator is aligned with the tic mark, the torque produced will be equivalent to the number on the scale next to the tic."

The instructions continue to say "If the lower edge of the red mark on the sliding indicators aligned withe the tic mark, the torque produced will be equivalent to the number on the scale next to the tic plus five."

By adding the five (5) when using the lower edge of the indicator you can get 15, 25, 35, 45 etc.

Now although my wrench looks like the wrench with the error of 20% my indicator is red and I note that the author indicates his indictor is black. I don't really know what this means.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Don't have them yet.

How 'bout now?

He's had them for two weeks, but their test bench/machine/whatever is down.

Jason thought it might be back up and running as soon as last Friday, but I haven't heard from him.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
So, for a guy looking to get a reliable and accurate wrench to do scope mounts with, what would you recommend? I am thinking the Park TW-1 with a bit kit

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by StudDuck
He's had them for two weeks, but their test bench/machine/whatever is down.

Jason thought it might be back up and running as soon as last Friday, but I haven't heard from him.

The fixture was still down as of yesterday. Our techs are busy assisting with a new met lab so they are limited on time. I'm sorry for the delay but will get results posted once the device is re-calibrated/replaced.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
So far, I still really like the Park. But I'm partial to beam wrenches. It won't fit in a range-bag though.

The Wheelers are handy but I haven't inspected the mechanism. I have the one which was donated and still need to dissect. I'm behind schedule!

The Borkas seem really good... even though I haven't tested them yet. Very simple design, and will fit in a range-bag.

If I had to buy right now, and not worry about putting the wrench in my range-bag, I'd go with the Park.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
When you're up and running I'll send the Wiha.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Their test bench is still out of commission and I needed my wrenches back.

I appreciate your effort Jason, let me know when the new bench is in play and I'll send the wrenches back.

Thanks.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1minute, 338rcm, 222Sako, 338reddog, 264magnum, 64 invisible), 2,342 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,541
Posts18,491,511
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.