Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
congratulations sheridan, I actually got prompted to look up wolf point. finding a job in that area had to be a pretty hard thing to do.
Geez, i even found the name of the newspaper. I have a feeling you landed one of the better things available.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Congratulations, Sheridan. I'm glad that you are falling into a good gig. Life after divorce takes a little while to shake out, but it does definitely get better, day by day.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well I'll tell ya what. Some of us that work for the state do exactly that... work.

I get to the jobsite at around 5 am most days and unless I have a baseball of football game to coach, I don't leave until dark. (Spring - snowfall) usually starting in April, I don't have a weekend off unill deer season, when I ask for it off.

That said there are PLENTY of lazy asses that I work with. They ALL work for their unions. And NO, I don't belong to one. I won't do it. Can I be laid off because I'm not their little money grabbing Union? Yep, so I bust my ass and hope it doesn't happen. But if it does, it sure as hell wasn't because I wasn't working hard enough. There are also plenty of guys and ladies that I work with, that also just their ass.

I have no doubt rattler will bust his too. Good luck to you Sheridan.

Last edited by tzone; 01/31/15.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grinCongrats Sheridan!!! Finally a good guy gets something decent. HOWEVER dat don't mean yer off da hook for a ballbusting, I'll just save that for later!! grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That's outstanding news, Sheridan! I'm very happy for you. Stability cannot be underrated. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Well done, Sheridan, and congratulations.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
Good deal Sheridan! You are gonna love a state job! ( Notice I didn't say state work...cause there isn't any of that involved grin ) Honest to god, prepare yourself for a ride on the gravy train. if you are used to a fast paced, productive and efficient workplace, you'll have to get over it.....
Congrats!!!

Lazy fuggs and damn proud of it !!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SBH

I hate your guts largely due to the things you've posted about me relaying the same sentiment. And, yes, you did it first.

Soooo.......I'm gonna be nice here just to show you that I'm the better man.

JHC, you have done nothing but piss and moan since you got here. All parties concerned, including yourself, would feel better if you just took your ball and went home.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SBH
Originally Posted by rattler
after applying for everything under the sun the last 3 months i finally got called in for an interview yesterday.....heard through the grapevine today(gotta love small towns) that im hired but dont have a start date yet, guessing next week.....get to be a Civil Engineering Technician for the Montana Department of Transportation....

this ought to be interesting, only ever worked for small businesses but the pay is comparable with what i made at the paper plus lots of overtime in the summer and benefits and easy enough for me to take time off in the winter to disappear to go do something....more than 5 days in a row took an act of god at the paper....

Tattler,

I hate your guts largely due to the things you've posted about me relaying the same sentiment. And, yes, you did it first.

Soooo.......I'm gonna be nice here just to show you that I'm the better man.

Congrats on a great job and work hard to learn everything about vertical and horizontal design and roadway geometry and paving and flexible pavements and such. You may be able to work your way into a desk job (read.....AutoCAD) very soon if your knees give out.

Congrats on landing a good job and super-duper opportunity with a good org with great benes. Take it and enjoy. This may very well be a golden opportunity for you.

I work in a very similar field just a tad bit up the ladder from your new position. I now have 40 people and several departments under me.

So......again......congrats on a good one. But don't expect me to be nice like this EVER again. Ever.

I bet it REALLY makes you feel good, Sheridan, for Darnell to make a post like this.

What an idiot he is!

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sheridan should wear that post like a badge of honour. I don't know SBH, just read enough to put him on ignore a long time ago. Sheridan I know.

I am thrilled for him and his new job. I hope he excels and learns a lot. If things go well in my new business I have plans for Sheridan. That tells you what I think about the man.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rattler,

good luck in the new job. Like any other place, hard work and no drama is the path to success. Hopefully there will be some insurance and some retirement, those are great things to have. always plenty to learn around engineering and construction.

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
rattler Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
congratulations sheridan, I actually got prompted to look up wolf point. finding a job in that area had to be a pretty hard thing to do.
Geez, i even found the name of the newspaper. I have a feeling you landed one of the better things available.

actually a year ago it wasnt bad, but with the oil field shutting down good are now jobs are few and far between....was getting ready to go talk to the greenhouse i worked at through high school to see if i could have their seasonal spring job just to have something......

also pretty sure my ex was sabotaging me as in all reality the last 12 years i worked for her....even when i was managing the bar for those few months while they looked for someone permanent she headed up the committee that was my boss, so except for my carpet work she has been my boss for the last 12 years.....has made things interesting...pretty sure part of the reason i got this job is i know for a fact they talked to me before talking to anyone, former boss or reference, on my resume....

Last edited by rattler; 01/31/15.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
that thought ocurred to me it could be difficult when i saw the size of the town and somebody's name on the papers website.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (1936M71, 1badf350, 1234, 10Glocks, 21, 1minute, 57 invisible), 2,408 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,436
Posts18,489,374
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.