Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Larry Root,

Have you apologize to Rick Bin for your long history of douchebaggery on his web site? For circumventing your numerous bannings by constantly creating numerous screen names (mostly via anonymous IP proxies) in your effort to constantly TROLL a site your not welcomed nor wanted?

Do you now have Rick Bin's permission and blessing to utilize and participate on the 24hourcampfire?

If not, I wouldn't get too comfortable...

Who is this famous Larry Root? I've been hearing for several years now that he's banned but apparently some say the Ghost of Larry still haunts this forum!

Shod

The 6.5 Swede, Before Gay Was Ok
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
What he said!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Read it and think that FOsteology's assessment of you is correct on all counts.

The very fact that Mule Deer recently described you as being "a notorious troll", "FOS as usual", and went so far as to recommend that you "GFY" doesn't speak well of you. I don't recall Mr. B ever responding with such venom, even to those who he finds particularly irksome.

'Can't imagine that anyone who has had any interaction with you found the experience enjoyable and doubt that any member of 24HCF would admit to being your friend. Well, you might claim to be your own friend, like when you were yourself and your wife posting concurrently with different handles.

Count me as one who concurs with what FOsteology and Mule Deer have posted about you. BTW, if you're going to seek counsel from your Priest, I would respectfully recommend that you and he(?) spend some time discussing your failure to heed the wisdom found in John 8:32.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am sorry. I have made my "mea culpa" on its own thread. I have never met any of you FTF, do not know who you are or ever even spoken with you on the phone.
You may either choose to reject or accept it ..... I cannot control that.

As hard as you may find to believe, I spent quite a bit of time speaking and praying with my Priest (yes I am a believer). His advice was of great value and used in my "mea culpa".

The past is past and I have no problem with trying to forge new links with people who have never actually harmed me or my family. You all fall the no harm no foul category.

As for scripture, may I refer you also to John 8:7. Jesus may have qualified but I'm sure few of us do.

To the other posters on the thread, my apologies to you for the off topic turn of events.

Let's get back to our Marlins eh ? My newest may be waiting at the tack shop !
Larry

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Larry, just to start fresh, let's see a picture of you and that rifle--no photoshopping.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If your so called contrite "mea culpa" is heartfelt, then you honestly need to apologize personally to Rick Bin and seek his approval and blessing. Otherwise, don't be surprised if you get the cyber boot again...

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Larry your self serving apologies mean nothing and are seen for what they truly are. They are nothing more than an attempt to allow you free reign to continue your shenanigans on this site in the open instead of in the dark, hidden and out of site.

Your apology serves no one but yourself, and benefits no one but yourself.

Beyond that I'm glad that you may be seeking help for your delusions but you might try a professional rather than a Priest.

Sorry but you have schit this bed too many times to come crawling back in.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well It seems clear that there is no remedy where some are concerned other than going through the exercise of banning me yet again.

My conversations with Mr. Bin are really of no concern to any of you.
I'm sure that he and I as adults can handle that w/o your "help".

Mudhen, are not you tired yet of these endless claims that what I own I do not ?
Ample opportunity has been given for on site viewing and always rejected.
As I may not even still own the mystery rifle you refer to, perhaps you could give me the courtesy of telling me which as I have two full gun vaults. Thank You.

To the other posters again I apologize for the pirating of the thread. Perhaps we ought to hang up talking about are Marlins until we can stay on subject.
Feel free to PM me if you wish,

again my apology, Larry (that's my real name)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 7x64FN
My conversations with Mr. Bin are really of no concern to any of you.
I'm sure that he and I as adults can handle that w/o your "help".

[Linked Image]

You haven't spoken to him, and I'd be safe to wager you don't have his permission and blessing to be here yet again...

Who do you think you're fooling oldman Larry Root? Your core character isn't contrite, but arrogantly egocentric. Your true colors will bleed thru this farce of a lame "peace offering" smoke screen in short order.

Through your years of vile profanity laced vitriol, lies, veiled threats, provocation, condemnation, arrogance, bizarre and paranoid outburst both publicly, but especially via unsolicited PM's, you've made yourself a pariah of several Internet Forums. And a pariah you shall remain till your rotten diseased heart stops ticking...

Oh, and a hearty GFY. [Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
7x64FN,

Here's a suggestion. When someone posts something that seems silly to me, I don't respond. You might try it. I don't have a beef with you or most here. That's because I have all known Democrats and those whom I deem vile or rediculous on "ignore".

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Oh isn't that sweet, Lawrence found him some religion, that's a new angle....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ringman
7x64FN,

Here's a suggestion. When someone posts something that seems silly to me, I don't respond. You might try it. I don't have a beef with you or most here. That's because I have all known Democrats and those whom I deem vile or rediculous on "ignore".

Ringman, Thanks for your kind words but you don't know the history. I am really not the newbie I appear (over 5000 posts) but you can see how a few members try to get me to respond in kind to their posts.

None have ever met me FTF or even chatted on the phone, they just have an irrational hatred of me for whatever reason. With the support of my church, Priest, family and folks like you, I hope I can get a fresh start here.
I've done what I needed to do, we'll see how it turns out. Thank you sir, bless you and yours. Larry Root (my real name)

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Larry,

You've earned your reputation! You've done and said all of the bad things attributed to you and you've done it over a period of years. That is called a trend. Your behavior, as they say, had "trended" in the wrong direction and it isn't just on 24HCF.

Your feedback on GB was, by itself, enough reason to shun you. What about all the people who you screwed over when they paid good money for firearms that weren't as described and you refused to refund their money? Rather you ridiculed them for not seeing the flaws that weren't described or shown in your pictures.

Your foul treatment of others and your stack of lies must number in the hundreds.

Give you another chance?

Trust you?

Believe a single thing that you post?

Not likely.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well 260, my name is Larry what's yours ? This thread is not about what you believe are my past sins. Just a few facts:
- I have bought and sold on this site many thousands of dollars. Find anyone who was dissatisfied with our dealing.
- You cannot produce any evidence that I "screwed" anyone on GunBroker where I have not been a member for years.
- My F/B on Auction Arms and Ebay is stellar.

If you wish to continue pirating threads and making it hard for other members to participate in, for example, talking about Marlin X7s, I can't prevent you.

If you wish to discuss our apparent problems man to man, I am in the Pinedale phone book and have voicemail as well.

Thank You

Larry Root

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 7x64FN

I own/owned four. XLC 270 switch barrel (re chambered Savage), 22-06, XL 30-06, XLC 7mm08 and XSVH 308. ALL were sub moa guns with a bit of fore end stiffening and freefloating.
Was it this 22-06 you used on the buck pronghorn in Wyoming or the Sedgely (sp?) prior to .22 cals being legal for big game in Wyoming? If that buck you posted pictures of was not from Wyoming, in which state did you harvest it?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Larry,

You are what you and you've done what you've done, those are the facts and there is no disputing it.

My purpose in posting warnings about you is for the good of the whole, not for any personal gain. Past behavior is the best indicator of future behavior and your past behavior has been bad enough such that probably the most highly respected person posting on this site recently referred to your as "a notorious troll". As Mule Deer goes, so goes The Campfire.

My position on Marlin X guns is well documented, I'm a fan of them and think that Freedom Group's decision to drop them in lieu of the Remington 783 is dumb. but they didn't ask me.

Maybe the next time I'm in Wilson, I'll call you. Or, maybe not.

EDIT: What handles do you use on AA and eBay? Post them and then anybody who wants to can check your record.

Last edited by 260Remguy; 02/05/15. Reason: Added question and comment
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
You finding Jesus is good but you need help not from priest but a good shrink. I have not forgotten the crazy messages you sent because I refused to do a trade.You bad mouthed people that had nothing to do with my reasons for avoiding you.You being a strange crazy person that strongly comes across unhinged is reason enough for people not wanting to deal with you.

again I am glad you are supposedly allowing Jesus in your heart but you really need a shrink to excercise the demons from your head. peace.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
260 I'm sure everyone reading your response is saying: "WTF did this Larry Root guy do on GB and why can't 260 document it and why won't he give his name?"

As far as Ebay and AA goes, check with your buddies. One of them bought a rifle from me on AA, welched on the deal and then bragged about it here. Another, on Ebay, kept asking me stupid questions about a bread and butter item that was NIB. Took me about 14 questions and answers before he gave away he was from here.

You may call me or not, that's up to you OR I could call you if............

I'm sad that a great thread has been destroyed.

best to you and yours, Larry

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Larry, you're doing great.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I assume you are sincere, so thank you very much.

My best to you and yours, Larry

p.s wish we could get back to X7s.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 1234, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,385 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,519
Posts18,491,007
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.