Print Thread
Hop To
Page 25 of 26 1 2 23 24 25 26
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Desertrat
Kodiak?.......yeah....Ill concur with a .338 mag. A .300 mag has
put down a lot too, but most will opt for more bullet weight.

Where do you get off steering this back on topic?

Not thinking it actually gets it back "on track" at all...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Outstanding! I personally do not see it, but a guy with the tape in hand always has the upper hand! wink You guys must be a bit taller than average is my only chance at an excuse!

Again, congratulations!

Thanks again Sitka. Update: Official measurement is 229-2/8. 1-3/4 pts lower than my guide measured a couple of months ago, but it beat the official record minimum by 5-1/4pts.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Very cool. Thanks for updating.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks ironbender.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Outstanding! I personally do not see it, but a guy with the tape in hand always has the upper hand! wink You guys must be a bit taller than average is my only chance at an excuse!

Again, congratulations!

Thanks again Sitka. Update: Official measurement is 229-2/8. 1-3/4 pts lower than my guide measured a couple of months ago, but it beat the official record minimum by 5-1/4pts.

OUTFRIGGINGSTANDING!!!!!

Now, do yourself a favor and frame the official scoring sheet and smile every time you look at it! I entered a couple critters (of MANY eligible) in B&C and the absolutely disgusting response from pissant losers incapable of finding a Booner in the B&C Museum completely turned me off to ever entering another.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Marine Hawk,
Thanks for your service! Just curious what your thoughts are concerning the FBI announcing that the 9mm is now the ideal handgun for their purposes.
I think this horse has been beat to death now.
whelennut
btw Nice swamp donkey!

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MarineHawk

Again, congratulations!

OUTFRIGGINGSTANDING!!!!!

Now, do yourself a favor and frame the official scoring sheet and smile every time you look at it! I entered a couple critters (of MANY eligible) in B&C and the absolutely disgusting response from pissant losers incapable of finding a Booner in the B&C Museum completely turned me off to ever entering another.

Thanks Sikta. Congrats on all your great hunting experiences, which dwarf what I have done. The B&C thing just a little extra icing on the icing already on the cake to me. The cake is the experience and the last minute success after eight days of hard unfruitful hunting and the inspiration of the mount (yet to arrive) for my young boys. I was fortunate that Dennis put me in the right time at the right place, and even that involved a lot of luck. I also was lucky that I even go on that trip. I love every minute out in the remote wilderness, and am fortunate to get to do that when I can.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by whelennut
Marine Hawk,
Thanks for your service! Just curious what your thoughts are concerning the FBI announcing that the 9mm is now the ideal handgun for their purposes.
I think this horse has been beat to death now.
whelennut
btw Nice swamp donkey!

Thanks whelennut, though I probably got way more out of my service than the other way around. I'm no expert on the 9mm vs. XYZ debate. I have a tiny 9mm in my pocket right now, but I prefer two other cartridges for full-size combat guns. But that's just a personal preference. The Marines apparently prefer the .45. The FBI prefers the 9mm. Both are effective in their own way, and depending on what gun and who is using it. Again, I'm no authority on that. Just have my own preferences. I have a 17rd HK USP .40S&W Expert that doesn't really recoil a lot to me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The premise of the this topic is fundamentally wrong!

We should not select or suggest a "minimum" caliber for dangerous game let alone such a magnificent trophy such as the "Kodiak" bear.

The entire event and story later will be better told if if a large and powerful 'caliber' is selected.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Savage_99
The premise of the this topic is fundamentally wrong!

We should not select or suggest a "minimum" caliber for dangerous game let alone such a magnificent trophy such as the "Kodiak" bear.

The entire event and story later will be better told if if a large and powerful 'caliber' is selected.

DumbassDon,

What's your first-hand experience with hunting brown bear?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I read that as an attempt at humor.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well, he did claim to have saved a kid from a bear when he got off the cruise ship somewhere in SE AK...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ironbender
I read that as an attempt at humor.

Same here! Cause he can't be serious?!?! smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, he did claim to have saved a kid from a bear when he got off the cruise ship somewhere in SE AK...

There was a baby in a carriage to the right of that bear.

I moved between them and the bear left.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

[Linked Image]

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image]

Looks a lot like a rock.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Don't you guys be so hard on Don. At least he had the presence of mind to snap a pic of the bear he thought was going to eat a baby.
No need to save the baby till you get a pic! grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Dingo ate my baby!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ingwe
Don't you guys be so hard on Don. At least he had the presence of mind to snap a pic of the bear he thought was going to eat a baby.

Someone else took the pic. He was hiding in the grass behind the bear and pulling on its left-rear leg to keep it from causing harm. The bear kept trying to pull free, but could not do so.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ingwe

The baby was most likely Made in Japan whistle

Page 25 of 26 1 2 23 24 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

308 members (257_X_50, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 260Remguy, 37 invisible), 2,278 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,860
Posts18,478,581
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.