Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
At one time, Swarovski would add the BT to the Z3, but only the 4-12 model and not the 3-10. Not sure why but that was their policy.

I guess that makes sense, as the 4-12x50 is the only Z3 that can be ordered with the BT. I'm not much on 50 mm scopes, but wanted the BT, otherwise would have gotten the 3-10. This scope seems pretty sleek and streamline for a 50 mm and isn't that heavy for a big scope. I like it. The duplex could be a bit heavier, but this one seems to work even in low light.

DF

I'm like you. Not a big fan of 50mm hunting scopes but the Z3 seems pretty good for it's size.

They seem to have out leupoled leupold with the size and weight dimensions. They are great in lowlight , I shot a nice buck in Bama Feb 3 at 5:40 PM and he was lit up like a Xmas tree at 220 yards.

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Yes, I love the superior optics they offer. I also believe they slayed the POI shift dragon with the new design of the Z series.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
From CameraLand Doug's report from the Shot Show:

The other item we discussed was their Custom BT available for Z6, Z5 or Z3 riflescopes with a Ballistic Turret (BT)
The Custom BT was designed for the SWAROVSKI OPTIK Ballistic Turret riflescope series.
It is a customized ring that can replace the 3 color coded distance rings that come with every SWAROVSKI OPTIK BT riflescope. The custom BT is an elevation turret that shows multiple down range distances in yards, rather than just the 3 color coded distance rings that currently come with each BT riflescope. It is an intuitive, user friendly method of �dialing in�, or
setting the distance, with the elevation turret that any given shot requires.
The turret ring will be custom engraved by SWAROVSKI OPTIK to consumer ballistic
specifications, based upon a zero setting (i.e. 100, 200, 300 yards) chosen by the consumer.
Precise laser engraved settings will be in 50 yard increments. Maximum distances are
dependent upon the cartridge, zero setting and individual riflescope.
KEY FEATURES
The downrange yardage markings will be shown in more intuitive 50 and 100 yard
increments.
Customized for individual factory rifle cartridges or hand loads.
Atmospheric Conditions can be customized to the turret ring.
Simply choose a zero distance, zero your rifle, and the turret will do the rest.
This will allow for many more yardage settings that will not have to be memorized.
The shooter will be able to simply range to the target, Ex: 550 yards, set his customized ring
to the 550 yard position, and shoot.

Last edited by Reloder28; 02/12/15.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Seems I read somewhere that Outdoorsmans makes the Swaro custom turret. As you can see from my photos, the custom turret covers the bottom ring, the top two rings aren't used. It's prettier than using a Sharpie to mark the aluminum discs, but doesn't work any better. And, it costs around $100, at least the Outdoorsmans.

DF

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Yes, I love the superior optics they offer. I also believe they slayed the POI shift dragon with the new design of the Z series.

Nah, I had issues with mine until it got sent back and it came back GTG

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Well, let's hope that was a remote occurrence. sick

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Well, let's hope that was a remote occurrence. sick

I never had a problem after they fixed my AV 4-12x50 the first time grin

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
My wife and I and some companions used several Swarovski scopes, mostly Z5 3.5-18's, for some long-range and other practice over a couple of days last June, with no malfunctions that I can recall. Eileen was so impressed she got one for her favorite .243 Winchester.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
My wife and I and some companions used several Swarovski scopes, mostly Z5 3.5-18's, for some long-range and other practice over a couple of days last June, with no malfunctions that I can recall. Eileen was so impressed she got one for her favorite .243 Winchester.

MD,
There is a difference in construction between the Z3 and Z5 , I would look at a Z5 as well next time. Unless something drastic happens this will be my last Z3

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

MD,
There is a difference in construction between the Z3 and Z5 , I would look at a Z5 as well next time. Unless something drastic happens this will be my last Z3

I own Habichts - What are the construction flaws with the Z3? I am considering a Z6 with BT and 3-18… Just curious.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by CrankEmUp

MD,

I own Habichts - What are the construction flaws with the Z3? I am considering a Z6 with BT and 3-18… Just curious.

I will speak for my own experiences of owning just 2 of this particular model Z3 and AV. The 4-12x50, first 20 rounds of ammo they break and scatter shots in both instances. In once case the scope was mounted in Sako optilock mounts and in the other talley screw lock rings. They are sent back to Swarovski , parts are replaced and everything is good from that point forward. They have a single leaf holding the erector tube in that model, the Z5 has 2 coil springs holding the erector tube in place and never owned a Z6 just the older 30mm models so do not know what type of spring is in those scopes.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by CrankEmUp

MD,

Really good information Thanks

I will speak for my own experiences of owning just 2 of this particular model Z3 and AV. The 4-12x50, first 20 rounds of ammo they break and scatter shots in both instances. In once case the scope was mounted in Sako optilock mounts and in the other talley screw lock rings. They are sent back to Swarovski , parts are replaced and everything is good from that point forward. They have a single leaf holding the erector tube in that model, the Z5 has 2 coil springs holding the erector tube in place and never owned a Z6 just the older 30mm models so do not know what type of spring is in those scopes.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (10gaugeman, 22250rem, 06hunter59, 1234, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 52 invisible), 3,608 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,703
Posts18,534,741
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.