-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Certainly explains the reason they vote the way they do.

GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by 1minute
Still has to be charged.
You didn't read did you.

He did, it still has to be charged you retard. I'm going out on a limb here and saying 99.999% of the 'Fire doesn't work in Silicon Valley, don't drive battery powered cars and don't have plugins at work for said battery powered cars that they don't own.

Reads like a green article for metrosexuals living in a 500sq ft apartment that only eat tofu.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Q.) "How did you get your energy costs so low?"

A.) "Two words. Extension cord."

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Steelhead

He did, it still has to be charged you retard. I'm going out on a limb here and saying 99.999% of the 'Fire doesn't work in Silicon Valley, don't drive battery powered cars and don't have plugins at work for said battery powered cars that they don't own.

Reads like a green article for metrosexuals living in a 500sq ft apartment that only eat tofu.

You just don't get it.

I take five gallons of gasoline from my employer every day. I use that gasoline to run my generator. Lower energy bill for me = saving energy.

It's simple.

Gibson gets it. You don't.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
But I don't want to go back to work.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Part of Tesla's problem is that they can't sell in every state. They sell direct, without dealers. You order the car direct from the factory. Many states kiss the backsides of the dealers and have passed laws prevent direct sales of cars, only allowing them to be sold through dealers. I really don't think that's legal because it interferes with interstate commerce but at this time that's the case.

Here's a map of where they can be sold:
[Linked Image]

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
[bleep] aye!
My employees are required to bring 10# of coal or 2 gallons of gas daily or they get docked on their pay!

FJB & FJT
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
There's no free lunch.

You're obviously not an Obama voter.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If people start charging batteries at night the night demand will go up and those rates will increase. These things would help make solar work better. If solar gets too big, the power companies overhead will go up as their volume goes down, rates will either go up or you will see a minimum monthly bill. The only real change this could cause would be to close some power plants

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Sounds like the Brown gas thing to me.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
If people start charging batteries at night the night demand will go up and those rates will increase. These things would help make solar work better. If solar gets too big, the power companies overhead will go up as their volume goes down, rates will either go up or you will see a minimum monthly bill. The only real change this could cause would be to close some power plants

You are obviously in way over your head.

Your EMPLOYER powers your home. Not you.

Travis

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
What if I forgo free power from my employee and opt for 5 pounds of peperoni sticks and a case of Bud a week?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
What if I forgo free power from my employee and opt for 5 pounds of peperoni sticks and a case of Bud a week?

Everything's negotiable. Give it a stab and let us know what happens.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The Map you posted is already out of date. I live in Alabama and there is a new Tesla free charging station at the mall 2 miles from my house. Their cars can do 140 mph and drive for about 3 hours 34 minutes at 70 mph. The fast charging stations can completely charge your car in 70 minutes (time to eat a meal between charges). By the end of this year one could travel nationwide with his free charging stations scattered along the interstate system.

If you bought one of his cars and kept it for 10 years, it would be slightly cheaper than buying a 40mpg car and paying for gasoline for 10 years.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 4ager

This certainly bears watching.

For a hunting camp, alone, this concept is a game-changer.

Different 'camp' from what I've been in! grin

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Dixie_Dude
The Map you posted is already out of date. I live in Alabama and there is a new Tesla free charging station at the mall 2 miles from my house. Their cars can do 140 mph and drive for about 3 hours 34 minutes at 70 mph. The fast charging stations can completely charge your car in 70 minutes (time to eat a meal between charges). By the end of this year one could travel nationwide with his free charging stations scattered along the interstate system.

If you bought one of his cars and kept it for 10 years, it would be slightly cheaper than buying a 40mpg car and paying for gasoline for 10 years.

You've obviously never driven to Alaska. Actually I'd be surprised if you left your county.

Sweet Jesus

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 1minute
Still has to be charged.
You didn't read did you.

And you didn't read genius.

With that kind of battery, you can charge the battery with solar, or use grid power in the middle of the night when electricity prices are lowest. This could massively reduce everyone's electricity bills. It also means we're not far off of everyone actually being off the grid if they so desire.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
There's no free lunch.

You're obviously not an Obama voter.

Or an individual confused about his voting gender....

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labΓ© skΓ½la

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
You haven't the first clue.

Solar ain't much to brag about everywhere. So we are going to have solar farms/electric plugs in EVERYWHERE for these [bleep] things?

Following Dixie's math, a person will be having 7 meals a day whilst the car is charging in pickle park.

Here's another hint, if everyone has the George Jetson plugged in at night, you figure power will then be cheaper at night?

Also, power companies are gonna get their money. Congrats, the guy that doesn't want to buy your F A G car has to pay $232 a KW because of you.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

With that kind of battery, you can charge the battery with solar, or use grid power in the middle of the night when electricity prices are lowest. This could massively reduce everyone's electricity bills. It also means we're not far off of everyone actually being off the grid if they so desire.

Which is exactly what 1minute said.

It still needs to be charged.

I know, I know. I'm a mental midget.

Laughin'...

Travis

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

413 members (12344mag, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 55 invisible), 2,726 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,616
Posts18,473,964
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.