Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
This has nothing to do with a Winchester just a bit of advise from a guy who learned the hard way TWICE!
I made 2 trips to the Tallahassee FL big hospital to take my older sister who is recovering from a broken polio leg and foot to be with her mid 70's husband who suffered a small bleeder stroke! They kept him in ER far over 24 hrs, I noticed half the people sitting out front wearing mask and that should have told me everything I should know, I wash my hands often and even use the hand sanitizer after a wizz, this was Friday and Saturday ! Come Monday I came down with the very worse FLU I have ever had in my life! I did not see my cattle for 3 days, I did have a nephew feed up for me.
Long story short, unless you just absolutely have to, STAY AWAY FROM a hospital!!!!! I thought I would DIE and had the PARVO!!!! very best, on the heal and back in the game ...WinPoor

Last edited by winchesterpoor; 02/20/15.
GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
That flu is nasty business add to the fact it's been well below zero here, -23 this am and it magnifies the problem.

Glad to hear your on the mend.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Glad to hear you pulled through. Out of curiosity, did you get a vaccine this flu season?

Our Dr.s have always advised us to stay away from the hospital, especially the ER, as much as possible and doesn't even want my wife in the office unless absolutely necessary. (she has an autoimmune disease)

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

21 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They say the flu shot was worthless this year.

"Never force anything, just get a bigger hammer".
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Winnie, glad to hear you're bouncing back.

One of my former tenants' (one of the very best ever!) father went to one of the fleabag hospitals down here and never came out! The guy had a cold or some little something. Ended up catching some virus or infection of some sort while there.

The old guy was a delight to watch! 92 years old and he'd be outside planting flowers or cutting the grass or some such thing darn near every time I'd go by.

She was a cute little Puerto Rican blonde girl nurse and every day had him riding a stationary bike in the house and feeding him real food cooked from scratch.

Stay out of them hospitals, buddy!

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Winchesterpoor: Sorry for your illness - I wish that would NOT have happened.
I just got back to Montana after tending to my elderly mother out on the west coast.
She was hospitalized in the I.C.U. at a large Puget Sound area hospital.
I visited her three times a day for 17 days!
I came down with an earache first and fought that off after a week then came down with a mild cold and fought that off after four days.
I can't positively blame the hospital trips but I have not had an earache in 40+ years that I can recall, and I have not had a cold in 17+ years (since I moved to Montana!).
I had to wear a mask to visit my mother on several days.
Sadly hospitals do attract sick folks - but flu and colds and that sort of thing being transmitted at hospitals is kind of a fact of life.
I hope you have recovered completely.
I did get to do two gunshows and 6 or 7 gunshops while I was out there though, so all was not lost.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: I agree with you all - stay away from hospitals at all costs.

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
They were warning us on the news here in northern Michigam NOT to go to the Hospitals unless you had to! I had to go to get paper work for my wife up comeing surgery, guess what Ear Infection and upper sinus infection! and yes had the Flu shot.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

655 members (1badf350, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1234, 63 invisible), 3,023 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,237
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.