Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
close but in Bedford Co.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I'd throw up a roadblock if I thought it'd catch the killer of anybody, or to help a kidnapped kid. I already said that.

You're saying that some roadblocks are OK and some are blatant, corrupt violations of the 4th Amendment, which is an untenable position.

I'm saying they're all violations, but I'll violate my own conscience to save a kidnapped kid.

Would you give the same amount of effort to save a kidnapped adult???

Or would it take 24.73 adults?

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by curdog4570
I have some friends in Law Enforcement, but it's obvious to me, and our mutual friends, that they think differently from the rest of us. The idea of "live and let live" is a foreign concept....

The goal for MANY, including some very good friends in LE, is to get you into the system. Its not IF but WHAT is a mantra.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wouldn't even bother with peripheral vision to try and find you.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
People are like dogs, they will do what you let them get away with. Last I checked, police are people, and will most certainly do what they are let to get away with. The problem with police is that they are put on a pedestal due to the [bleep] job they chose to pursue, as opposed to being held under suspicion for the possible motives they could have for taking that job due to some unresolved mental issues. Police are people, just like everyone else, just as [bleep] up, or not [bleep] up, as anyone else...so you should extend them no power that you would not extend to anyone else.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Originally Posted by curdog4570
I have some friends in Law Enforcement, but it's obvious to me, and our mutual friends, that they think differently from the rest of us. The idea of "live and let live" is a foreign concept....

The goal for MANY, including some very good friends in LE, is to get you into the system. Its not IF but WHAT is a mantra.

Yall keep talking about how corrupt and and evil your friends and good friends are....Why don't you go get some better friends?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by kciH
People are like dogs, they will do what you let them get away with. Last I checked, police are people, and will most certainly do what they are let to get away with. The problem with police is that they are put on a pedestal due to the [bleep] job they chose to pursue, as opposed to being held under suspicion for the possible motives they could have for taking that job due to some unresolved mental issues. Police are people, just like everyone else, just as [bleep] up, or not [bleep] up, as anyone else...so you should extend them no power that you would not extend to anyone else.

Best post on this thread....so far.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
i'm sure glad I don't live in fear of the police , some here must lead a miserable life

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Folks if an officers asks for permission to search/ take a quick look or whatever, he does not have legal authority to do a search. If he already had probable cause, he would not ask for permission. Use your right to say no thank you. Why give consent for vehicle search when you would not even think twice about denying search of your home. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
Folks if an officers asks for permission to search/ take a quick look or whatever, he does not have legal authority to do a search. If he already had probable cause, he would not ask for permission. Use your right to say no thank you. Why give consent for vehicle search when you would not even think twice about denying search of your home. GW

Cuz........according to the TV show 'Alaska State Troopers'...........they will seize your vehicle and charge you with another violation anyway. You can't win. Don't even try.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I wouldn't even bother with peripheral vision to try and find you.

http://news.yahoo.com/retired-police-officer-kills-daughters-self-n-y-044626538.html

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by gitem_12
[quote=wildbill59]So was the cop (full of $hit) that claimed my Swisher Sweet cigar smelt like weed and ripped into my car and took my gun. There's the 2nd and 4th right there. dum sheet found nothing

Listen stupid. My statement is written very plainly to show that the OP is likely full of schit...hence the if and BIG IF parts of the statement. i don't believe him, but I think you do solely based upon your voracious jealousy of cops

Really, well it did happen actually Barney. It was a Ruger P90 that I just had Ruger tune up and could shoot eyeballs at 6 yards.
I was nice as could be, this was a local boy. Turns out he's just looking for points to move up. I've gotten out of a lot of stuff by being nice. I'd even stop if I felt they needed a hand.
now, I'm sorry to say I'd drive right by.

See, by reading your rants I see how some of you operate. Lie, discredit, lie, disparage, lie. Admit it it. You'd love there not to be a 4th and 5th and 1st would give you the ability for a baton across the mouth.

We already have your big brothers with the ability to enter our homes without warrant, listen to our conversations and emails. I'll bet you're just wanting for that ability to filter down to Podunk, MO.

Last edited by wildbill59; 02/22/15.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I'm just glad we don't have check points here. I can see the day when the popo will convince the sheeple it's for the children.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, those check points are really hell. Here they're published about a week in advance. Been through them.

"Have you had anything to drink tonight?"
"No."
"Thank you, have a pleasant evening."

They catch a few but stats show they increase awareness and cut down drunk driving. For which I'm glad to voluntarily waive my Constitutional rights to that itty bitty, completely insignificant extent. The next drunk driver caused fatality could be me or a loved one.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm comforted that you're comforted by being protected by a surrender of your rights for a small bit of security. I'm sure that you'll be equally ambitious when that checkpoint is for some other prevention of nefarious activity. Perhaps it will be a dragnet for those who wish to travel with firearms in their vehicle? Maybe it will be for those who freely express their opinions against the powers that be? Who's to say what it will be.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nighthawk
...I'm glad to voluntarily waive my Constitutional rights to that itty bitty, completely insignificant extent.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm comforted that you're comforted that I'm comforted by acting rationally. wink You will note that I will consent to a perhaps 20 second exchange of pleasantries maybe once or twice a year in an effort to save lives, perhaps my own. Hardly an earthshaking concession, and one I choose to make for the moment and without forgoing the ability to assert ANY civil right.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin

Yeah, that hoary old quote again. Nice rhetoric and of meaning in the broader strokes (to which it is attributed) but are you gonna tell me old Ben NEVER obeyed the king's law when he felt it ran against his natural rights? Ben was a pragmatist par excellence in accomplishing his goals - why he was the toast of the courts of Europe in lobbying on behalf of the colonies.

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by teal
I take issue with it based upon my 4th amendment CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT not to be searched or seized without a judicially sanctioned warrant with probable cause. Driving is NOT probable cause to think I've also been drinking.
The DUI checkpoints are an attack on driver's rights but peoples constitutional rights under the 4th.

Some here think that is of little importance...'trite', in other words.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
I have always found it funny how many "conservatives" think nothing of checkpoints.

Originally Posted by deflave
DUI checkpoints are proof positive that this country is totally [bleep].
They should be fought tooth and nail in every jurisdiction in this country.

10 states (Idaho, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Oregon, Rhode Island, Texas, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming), legislatures have decided to ban sobriety checkpoints altogether, and one state chooses not to conduct them (Alaska).

Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 16penny, 1936M71, 58 invisible), 2,587 guests, and 1,345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,712
Posts18,475,474
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.