Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Literally feel nauseous tonight.

15 years down the drain. 4 year old son that I will only get to see half the time now.

I've spent $8000 in legal fees that I don't have, to fight over stuff I don't even care about. I either sign tomorrow, or it goes to court...She started talking about going after my guns and tools this week if I didn't agree to the latest proposal. I said "you want my f.ucking guns and tools? take them then!"

It was Steelhead that summed it up years ago for me here with regards to "stuff." Only thing I care about at this point is my son.

I will never forgive her.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You have my sorrow as I have been there..for what it is worth from me it will get better. Focus on your son. Never bring her up with him.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Been there. It was almost forty years ago but I still remember the feelings.

For what it's worth, neither of the kids speak to her of care where she lives. They both still call me dad.

My advice is to make your time with your son positive in every way you can. Never put her down in front of him. He will learn the truth.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Take care of yourself the best you can - and be there for your son.

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
I wanted full custody, she said NO even though she isn't connected to him like I am.

Funny what a boyfriend will do to a marriage. Not to mention, there seems to be an underground railroad to get young happy women out of a successful marriage. Bitter old divorced women hate to see another woman happy.

IC B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
May God be with you, but in actuality you get to sign them. Quit worrying about it. Dont think about it. Look around you. You are alive. Others have been through this too. You arent the Lone Ranger. You domt have terminal cancer, and neither does your son. Now you can go to church and find one who not only believes in God, but one who submits to and acceptes His word and cherishes you, even if you arent perfect. Neither was Abraham or David or Joseph.

Last edited by eyeball; 02/22/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Man.......I'm real sorry to hear all of this. No words here....other than good luck and I hope you get to see your son often.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by eyeball
May God be with you. Quit worrying about it. Dont think sbout it. Look around you. You are alive. Others have bern through this too. You arent the Lone Ranger. You d8nt have terminal cancer, and neither does your son. Now you can go to church and find one who jot only believes in God, but one who submits to and acceptes His word and cherishes you, even if you arent perfect. Neither was Abraham or David or Joseph.

That worked for me. I met her in a little country church 36 years ago. Never looked back.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
breaks my heart for the kid

but sounds like nada you can do about it

save for one thing

be the best dad any kid could ever ask for.

in time it will come with the side benefit of you finding a very good woman that wants you to father one or 9 for her.

best of luck to you, that lil man is gonna need a great dad more than ever

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
breaks my heart for the kid

but sounds like nada you can do about it

save for one thing

be the best dad any kid could ever ask for.

in time it will come with the side benefit of you finding a very good woman that wants you to father one or 9 for her.

best of luck to you, that lil man is gonna need a great dad more than ever

Well said. Sound advice.

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Thanks for the wishes.

I have determined you aren't really a man until you have been ruined by a woman. I had the world by the balls the day before she left me.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You will again.

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
as has been said before, you are not the only one to go through this. i did as well, but you WILL get through it and your son will also. you have just about all the advice you need, so i won't add more.

sounds like she is not worth the effort. be glad you are doing right. better to be you, than her.

don't do anything stupid,

ked

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
The best revenge you can have is to let him have her.

My sympathy for you in your dilema about your son. Fighting for him is worth it. Show him you love him, teach him how to handle life and as he grows the real story will be obvious.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Someday you will be happy this happened.
You will still carry the scars, and may wish you had never learned the lessons you will take away from it, but live for your son and you will see it will be OK.

You don't want to hear my story, but I've lived it and I know how it goes.

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
I truly believe this whole process has forever changed me going forward in life. The only thing that really sunk in was "stuff" and material things simply don't mean crap to me anymore. Not that I was materialistic before, but what an eye opener.

Got to admit, I think every marriage is doomed too. Seems everyone I know has been divorced at least once. I see a good looking gal at the store and think "I wonder if she has ruined anyone yet?"

I know that is a bad attitude, but I can't help it. At least not yet.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
dogcatcher223
There are good ladies out there; God willing and the crick don't rise come Oct. Mrs Northcountry and I will pass the 60 year mark so it is possible. Good luck and has been said b4 be there for the lad and don't say anything bad about his mother.....cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
You're not alone, most of us have been there and survived it.

Tell you what- She takes your guns, you contact me, I'll give you one and set you up with ammo. Press on with your son in mind and let her have whatever she wants, but you get it out of it with your integrity. Nothing's more important, and I bet I'm not alone as a guy that would consider it an honor to help you get geared up again.

LOL
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Sorry to hear about your situation. Don't lose sight of the fact that there really is a silver lining behind every dark cloud. As your son gets older, if you stay close to him, he'll gravitate to his daddy. And it sounds as if you're better off without her. Time heals all wounds. It can only get better from here. Keep your chin up.

Jordan

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Thanks for the offer. Guess I get to keep my guns, although they haven't brought me much joy lately either. I have been shooting a lot just to get away from reality for a few hours. Cannot say I've really enjoyed it though. I'm just trying to stay busy so I don't have time to think about things. My buddy dropped off his gun the other day. Going to work up a load for him. I figure that aggravation should keep me going for a bit longer.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 55 invisible), 2,381 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,395
Posts18,488,841
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.