-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Irrigate with a salt/baking soda solution at the first sign of stuffiness. A Clariton [OTC], a Singulair[Prescription], and two sprays of Flonase [prescription] in each nostril every morning.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Thanks, curdog. Very similar to what I was told/instructed.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by mark shubert
What was your surgeon's specialty (listing) curdog?
I believe I need to look one up, as my dermatologist appointment is in May - and can NOT be advanced, as he is overbooked, already.

My two cents:

1. - Give your dermatologist a call and tell them you understand they are booked up, but you are worried and would they please recommend another dermatologist. They may squeeze you in. Require it to be soon as in the next two weeks.

2. - If you are unsuccessful with your own derma guy, remember that this is not rocket science. Find one somewhere and get in.

3. - I have had them removed with a simple "surgical" method where they cut out what they think is best and also the Mohs surgery. I had one come back very close if not the exact spot the regular "excision surgery" was done. Seems they did not get the root or it was another eruption just close by. I would prefer the Mohs on the next one. But as always, a competent doc is needed. But, it is not rocket science. The last Mohs I had done took about 15 minutes. I was in and out with a bandage on my face in about an hour.

TF

Last edited by TF49; 02/24/15.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mark shubert
What was your surgeon's specialty (listing) curdog?
I believe I need to look one up, as my dermatologist appointment is in May - and can NOT be advanced, as he is overbooked, already.

Why not see if your regular doc can get you an appointment with a Surgeon who specializes in skin cancers? Since it is a re-occurrence, he should be able to fast track you.

Sounds like the Dermatologist had a chance and blew it.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by rong
Hey guys,
Wondering if anyone is familar with this.Mrs Rong has a small area on her face and needs to have it removed.
Anyone experience this before,what is she to expect?She has met with her
Dr.and he says its very common,
Thanks in advance

I have had 3 surgeries the last involved 17 stitches on my right cheek. I think I hung out in the sun too long when I was a kid and then moved to Florida. I had a plastic surgeon/skin cancer guy that cut sampled cut sampled some more until all the bad cells were removed. The stitch was 2 inches long and is impossible to see. I must have hit the lottery with that surgeon.

IC B2

R
rong Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Thanks all,I figured some of you southern guys have dealt with this before,more so than us up in the ice belt.
Whenever the C word is thrown out it gets everybody concerned.
It sounds like she wants the MOH'S surgery and is looking into the Plastic Surgery that follows.Again thanks for the input..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wifey just had the Moh's a couple few months ago on a spot on the side of her nose..

Experience is the key. She might have to do revision on about a MM of scar, but the rest looks great. This was on an incision from her nostril to between her eyes.

Her sun damage was from her youth. Make your kids wear sunscreen, people..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I had the Mohs procedure done on my nose a couple of years ago. My nostril was cut from just about the nostril opening about an inch upward on the side of my nose. Fortunately, the dermatologist who did it also does plastic surgery, so you have to use a magnifying glass to see the almost nonexistant scar.

Ask around about the plastic surgery skills of the dermatologist; you may not need a separate plastic surgery procedure to deal with the scar.

Increasing my post count so people will buy stuff from me
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Had one removed from my left shoulder by my Family Practice doc. He cut deep and margins were clear. He said watch close, it's likely to return. It's been about twenty years now and hasn't returned yet.

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Had a nodule removed from my thigh a few months ago by a plastic surgeon in the same group as my dermatologist. He took out a football shaped chunk about an inch long and a half inch deep. Both he and the dermatologist were really surprised when the biopsy came back and said it was a basal cell carcinoma.

Don't forget folks, skin cancer in its different forms doesn't necessarily show up in areas that have been exposed to the sun.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
TF49 and other posters are right on.

Living in FL most of my adult life, and being outdoors a lot, I've had 'em froze or "burned" off my back, arms, legs, and areas of my head just about every year for years with liquid nitrogen.

Had one come along on my forehead a couple years ago that required Moh's. I had kept getting it burned, but the area was sore and changed colors a a lot. Got it scraped for a biopsy and came back positive.

Long story short, they sliced and dug out tissue approx. the size between a nickel and a quarter 3 layers deep. That's what it took for the in house testing lab to come back negative on the next layer.

Just gotta keep checking yourself every year, if you're gonna be out in the sun a lot. Even if you're not out there a lot now, your past habits count.

Last edited by local_dirt; 02/26/15. Reason: spelling

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 2500HD, 01Foreman400, 21, 60 invisible), 2,457 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,450
Posts18,489,657
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.