Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 23 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 22 23
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by Tanner
Here ya' go... The whole Youtube Video Production thing just pissed me off more than anything... Fuggin' lame...

[Linked Image]

Tanner

What a douche.

(Not you Tanner)

Great detective work Tanner. How the heck did you find that?

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Take the elk out of the equation and that is still a very tough shot. Being a mere one click off at that range and you will miss by 2.36". Now factor in breathing, wind, and hunting conditions...you are pulling a head shot out of your ass.

I still think he aimed for the chest and missed.

Tanner, that yellow steel hanging at Wolcott is a pain in the ass, and it is only 650yds if you shoot from near the gate. There is always wind there too. I have not hiked out to measure it, but I believe it is only 6-8" across based on my reticle. Do you know how big it is by chance? I am not 100% on that thing yet and it is only 650.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes. I saw nothing to indicate precisely where one was aiming. Proably even been done with open sights at some time or another.

1Minute
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by BobinNH
I don't understand the mindless stupidity and monstrous ego of anyone who would try something as stupid as this,and post it on Youtube with all the production hoopla,knowing the animal was wounded and lost.

I think he needs counseling and should have his hunting license yanked for wanton wasting of game.Pathetic.

This. +1000

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by TexasPhotog
I don't understand the mindless stupidity and monstrous ego of anyone who would try something as stupid as this,and post it on Youtube with all the production hoopla,knowing the animal was wounded and lost.

I think he needs counseling and should have his hunting license yanked for wanton wasting of game.Pathetic.

This. +1000

I disagree. You have to actually kill something to be charged with wanton waste.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by TexasPhotog

This. +1000

I disagree. You have to actually kill something to be charged with wanton waste.

Not true.... Wanton waste can include "wounding". And the actions may also fall under the category of "wanton destruction". smile

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Bob, are you telling me its against the law to wound an animal? If it gets
gets away, how are you wasting it?

You might want to look this one up.

PS, it was a joke.

PSS, after thinking about it, there are no laws against taking a low percentage shot, which is as it should be. It's too subjective. You can't legislate ethics.

And it would be the ultimate slippery slope.

Last edited by smokepole; 02/25/15.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by smokepole
Bob, are you telling me its against the law to wound an animal? If it gets
gets away, how are you wasting it?

You might want to look this one up.

PS, it was a joke.

PSS, after thinking about it, there are no laws against taking a low percentage shot, which is as it should be. It's too subjective. You can't legislate ethics.

And it would be the ultimate slippery slope.

smokepole: I did look it up.

Under the definitions I saw,wanton waste includes both "killing" and "wounding".

Whether this falls into either category depends on all the facts. That's what courts are for. smile

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
So, you believe there should be a law against taking low percentage, ill-advised, or risky shots?

That's the real question.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I don't shoot at animals 900yds away, but I don't care if some people choose to do so.

The problem I have with the OP is he made a video in an attempt to suck his own dick. I don't believe for a second he was aiming for that cow's head.

I'm also not saying people can't hit a target that size at 900yds. I'm saying the OP didn't intend to hit that part of the animal when the video was shot.

He can claim he did, but the stench of douche-bag is way too strong in that video.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
the stench of douche-bag is way too strong in that video.

scratch-n-sniff video.

damn.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Laffin'....I don't think anything....not for me to decide.I'm not a court of law.

Too lengthy a philosophical/legal conversation. grin

All I am saying is that the definition of wanton wasting includes both killing and wounding.

Sure it's a slippery slope.Cases involving statutory interpretation in light of conduct is always a slippery slope.It depends on the facts in any given circumstance.

But I think (just my own view) that there is a recognition in the law that game animals are not there simply to serve as our targets of opportunity. We have SOME responsibilities when we pick up a rifle.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
BS Bob, you said the guy should be charged with a game law violation. Richard Sherman can't even backpedal that fast.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
"Bring ya knife"

LMFFAO, what a fugtard...

CR

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All I am saying is that the definition of wanton wasting includes both killing and wounding.

Sure it's a slippery slope.Cases involving statutory interpretation in light of conduct is always a slippery slope.It depends on the facts in any given circumstance.

I would think this would depend on how, and how hard a person tried to recover the wounded animal. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
miles that is indeed a factor. smile

As a hypothetical,how about a situation where the animal is wounded, but recovery is impossible or highly unlikely?

Would that be wanton wasting?

I am not expecting a response from you. I am simply playing "bar exam" Q&A here. wink

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
For any interested, here's a thread on Snipers Hide where CBM posted the same video. Be aware the thread is about headshots and is NSFW...

LINKY....

CR

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As a hypothetical,how about a situation where the animal is wounded, but recovery is impossible or highly unlikely?

I believe in doing everything possible to recover an animal, but then there is a time that you have to say that it is gone. Most likely if you tried hard and could not recover the animal, it will survive. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

The guy is more coordinated than Marty Feldman..

"With one eye I looked about the ground beneath me, knowing I would need a spot to shoot from, and now! My other eye stayed fixed upon my target, my mind still evaluating my firing solution."

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SBTCO

The guy is more coordinated than Marty Feldman.

how about jack?

[Linked Image]

Page 9 of 23 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 808outdoors, AKislander, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 13 invisible), 1,405 guests, and 820 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,494
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.