Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 18 19
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I just got a brick of Mini-Mags last night from Scheels. They included the Mini-Mags with my rifle purchase and I bought a brick of CCI Standard Velocity as well. It's been blowing and snowing all day. Tough to see how this new CZ is going to shoot.

Bob

I met a French guy the other day. I asked him "Do you speak German?" He said "No." I said "You're welcome!"
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
MD,
Kevin's has always been high; you don't go there for any bargains.
Always had lots of eye candy to view.

StarchedCover

Semper Fi
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
About two months ago (maybe less?) our local Big R got in a pallet of Mini-Mags. In a town this small the text messages and e-mails were flying fast. It was gone in about 8 hours.

Prices were pre-panic.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Local gun shop near here had a pretty good supply of the Rem Golden Bullet and CCI Mini-Mag ammo on the shelf. Just bought 200
of the CCI as I have enough of the Remingtons. My Rem 552 Speedmaster shoots them just OK. I hope it does better with
the CCIs. We'll see once the weather cooperates. Dave

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I shot some of that Auto Match Friday at the southwest campfire get-together and was not impressed. Didn't shoot any better than an old box of Wildcats and not nearly as well as the CCI standard velocity. It did go bang, however.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

IC B2

M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Like most .22 Long Rifle ammo, how well it shoots depends on the particular firearm. Some rifles and handguns will shoot almost anything well (Eileen's Anschutz is one rifle, my Ruger Mark II "slabside" another), but with most don't. There are some kinds of ammo that shoot at least decently in a lot of guns, but there are always exceptions. In my experience Auto Match tends to work more often than not.

Between us we have 14 rifles and handguns chambered for the Long Rifle. Got a good deal on two kinds of .22 Shorts this past year and decided to see how they'd shoot. In some guns they did very well, in others they tended to scatter--and in others they were in between.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
One never knows what a particular 22lR weapon will like. My 617 is not fussy at all even shoots Remington's pretty well. Of course extraction gets stiff on the third cylinder full.. A new to me CZ 452 seems to really like Aquila Rifle Match shot it under 1/2" at 50 yards. Did not like the RWS Rifle Match that others love. I have a box of the Federal Auto Match, will have to see what it does.
Local LGS still had the Remington/Eley Club at 14.99 per 50 nothing else. There was some 17HMR and 22Mag however.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sporadic. Only two stores in the county that I live in even try to retail it at normal prices. When it comes in, you better be there because the next day it's all sold. Any other places get any, it's like $30 for a box of Minimags and such ripoff tactics. The largest local gun/hunting/fishing store gets in several cases at a time, usually CCI, prices it at what it was before the mothereffing democrats got elected and you've got 24 to 48 hours to get some and it's gone until another random shipment comes in. As far as Walmart goes, if they get any in, I've not seen it in over two years now.

I can drive 70 miles or so up to Huntsville and Larry's usually has some, but there's most often a two box limit per customer, so if you didn't bring a carload of people with you or actually live nearby, it isn't worth the trip.

I can't afford to buy in bulk anymore, so shipping charges usually make it uneconomical to try to order in from the internet site retailers.

I've stopped all rimfire shooting except for serious hunting shots, no more target practice or plinking period. This mess has accomplished in a roundabout way exactly what the gun controllers would like to see, expensive and hard to get ammo for the guns that are the basic meat and potatoes and beginners firearms. All some democrat has to do is go "boogah boogah" and the next day all hell breaks loose and people are scrambling all over each other clawing for the last box of whatever the boogerman of the week was.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
It doesn't help that some people who are on the same side of the political spectrum as most of us think it is OK to scalp ammo. It's a free country and all, but IMO scalping ammo is playing right into the hands of the gun controllers. Ammo scalpers are hypocritical bastids.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Like most .22 Long Rifle ammo, how well it shoots depends on the particular firearm. Some rifles and handguns will shoot almost anything well (Eileen's Anschutz is one rifle, my Ruger Mark II "slabside" another), but with most don't. There are some kinds of ammo that shoot at least decently in a lot of guns, but there are always exceptions. In my experience Auto Match tends to work more often than not.

Between us we have 14 rifles and handguns chambered for the Long Rifle. Got a good deal on two kinds of .22 Shorts this past year and decided to see how they'd shoot. In some guns they did very well, in others they tended to scatter--and in others they were in between.

I tried three types of standard velocity ammo in my CZ this week; Wolf Match, Federal Gold Medal Match and CCI standard velocity. All shot similarly but the faster stuff and the auto match were double the group sizes easily. I only brought one rimfire but shot a different one last week with the other three loads which did well in all three.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I wanna try some of the federal high velocity gold medal stuff
1200 fps range
cant find none around

they got the fed gold medal ultra match and the gold medal match at academy all the time
18.99 and 12.99 apeice

I shoot the norma match-22 currently
one thing I have noticed about accuracy in my rifle is the more bearing surface on the round the tigheter the groups

the CCI small game bullet shoots extremely well in it 1235fps and the bearing surface on the round is almost completely smooth

the agulia rifle match has a pretty long bearing surface and shot well but also had 2-3 wax grooves on it

the norma match 22 round also has 3 wax grooves

it is all what the gun likes and what you can find nowadays

if I could find some CCI small game bullet item 0058 5.99
I would buy the shyt outta whatever supply I could find of it

but until then
norma match 22 7.95
norma tac 22 5.99
cci sv 4.99
aguila rifle match 5.99
will do
and they all basically group within a 1/4th inch of each other at 50yds
and I can find them pretty consistently around here

Last edited by renegade50; 02/23/15.
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Did not see much for sale at scalper prices at the local gun show this weekend, but still not on the shelves at the stores. Worked the door with a employee from a LGS and he was talking about how hard it was to find .22 LR from any distributors that they use.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Checked couple stores this past Saturday. Nothing to be seen.

1Minute
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I went to a gun store that I never been to before and they had all the .22 and .22 mag ammo I could ever want.
Thats at green lake, MN

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought a Ruger SR22 today... they didn't have any ammo to sell for it other than some 50 rnd ct target stuff @ $30 a box.

I still have quite a bit on hand, but sage rats season is looming if not already here and it's gonna get dicey quick !

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Honestly I hate going to gun stores anymore because the story seems to always be the same, no 22lr, no handgun powder.

I do see some thunderbolt on occasion, but until I'm completely out of ammo I'm not going to run that filthy stuff that is guaranteed to give you several failures to fire.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
no handgun powder.

short hijack...Sportsman's in Soldotna had a couple kegs of H110 and 3 or 4 pounds of the same after I purchased mine yesterday.

end....

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Come visit Florida for a week or so. Weather is warm. Bring a truck, or a trailer for the return journey.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lots of 17hmr.

22lr and mag are still sparse, at best.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by bearhuntr
no handgun powder.

short hijack...Sportsman's in Soldotna had a couple kegs of H110 and 3 or 4 pounds of the same after I purchased mine yesterday.

end....

Seller is GTG.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...9629872/Hodgdon_H110_8#_kegs#Post9629872

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 5 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (007FJ, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,257 guests, and 1,401 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,941
Posts18,480,095
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.