Print Thread
Hop To
V
valad Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
I thought about ordering this Lapping from Kokopelliproducts. Are these a good lap kit for scope bases? And do I need to buy both the Lapping bars and scope bars? What does this mean by the "10 sets" for the scope bars?

Just thinking of ordering another gadget to play with. But I could order the Burris Signature with inserts and be done. However I have some Talleys and a couple of new scopes so this is why I am coming to this lap kits. Is there any possibility of removing too much material in a Talley with these kits?

GB1

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Just ordered and used the kokopelli kit on a set of talley's.Can't say enough good about it.Yes get the kit,you'll be glad you did.As far as removing to much,just go slow and check your progress.After reading a lenghty post here about lapping and then trying it myself,I'll never mount another scope without doing it.Also check out the products by parabola-llc too.

V
valad Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
Did you get both the lapping kit and the scope bars? If you got the scope bars, it says it comes with "10 sets". What is this 10 set? But if you did not get the scope bars then I guess you cannot answer it.

I will probably over one over the weekend and test it out. Always a new gimmick to test out hehe.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Yes I got the both.I went back and looked on the website and seen the 10 sets.Not sure what that means.They have had a price increase though.The kit was $118.00 plus shipping.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Valad, I believe what the 10 sets, 20 sets, etc. is referring to is product availability for wholesale purchase. Apparently there is a price break starting at a purchase of ten sets.
John

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had the kit for several years now; nothing better out there.

I went through several "alignment bar kits" prior to someone recommending the Kokopelli. Needless to say, it's the last kit I'll ever have to buy.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

V
valad Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
john,

I initially thought that was a price break but why would anyone want to buy more than one set when you can keep reusing the original set? The compound used in the Kokopelliproduct maybe runs out and then we'd have to buy more. I read where someone says to stay away from XXX compound. Not sure if the compound used by Kokopelli is a good one and if I can buy more from them?

Based on all of the favorable commends I am going to order one today.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
valad, the 10, 20, set offers are for gun shops or other retailers who will be stocking and reselling them. I agree after looking at all the available info on them that they seem to be head and shoulders above other alignment/lapping products and will be ordering a set Mon. Thanks for the heads up on them as before your post, I hadn't heard of them. I was about to order a Wheeler set from Natchez and have the flat end machined square. By the time I'd done that, I would have spent about what the Kokopellis cost and still wouldn't have the quality of these.
Thanks, John

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Can't beat 'em. I lap all but the Burris Sig's of course. Don't kid yourself, the Talley's need lightly lapped also. None exempt. Work perfect. 5-10 min process....Nice guy to deal with!

"I will remain what I am until the day I die- A HUNTER"......Sitting Bull
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Valad: I bought a set of Kokopelli lapping tools several years back and they work as well or better than my old lapping tool made by Russ Haydons Shooters Supply out in Gig Harbor, Washington.
I say give'em a try.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

V
valad Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
As I was set to order this Kokopelli scope lapping kit (both the bar and lap) I did it on their website but I did not like the way its set up to order. So I emailed the owner and he got back and said that his website has not been updated In years and the price also has not been updated. He said they got rid of the middle-man (aka dealers) and brought their prices down to dealer price. But here is another thing he said...selling individually is more expensive than selling as a kit. He said their "accurizing kit" is $118 plus shipping Express via PO is $18. So total is $135. I anticipated probably $115 or so.

Question for those who have ordered recently...does their "Accurizing kit" include lapping bars and lap? The reason why I ask this is because the email said they have a link on their website that links to accurizing but I did not find the link.

Wondering if anyone has ordered a scope kit from Kokopelli?

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Yes it comes with everything.search kokopelli lapping kits and it will take you there.I called and ordered direct from the owner.Very nice to deal with and shipped right away.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by redtick63
Yes it comes with everything.search kokopelli lapping kits and it will take you there.I called and ordered direct from the owner.Very nice to deal with and shipped right away.

+1

I have the the accurizing kit; no worries.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
what? No argument telling you lapping was dumb etc... things are looking up around here grin

On rings I lapped (which excludes Burris and S&K) I still lined them with a little smear of clear silicon afterwards. Just a habit.

Enjoy your kit. I always felt good after lapping some rings. A little confidence boost.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

95 members (1100mag, Anaconda, 10Glocks, 35, 10gaugemag, AnthonyB, 9 invisible), 1,292 guests, and 930 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,252
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.