Hop To
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by CrowRifle

You fuuuuuucking idiot. When has that bunch of ass clowns regulating anything ever turned out well?
Go take an economics class and get an understanding of markets and capitalism, and then I'll bother talking to a mental midget like you. This notion that all regulation is bad is the height of ignorance.

Damn, just damn.

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Passed, and they didn't even screw it up...I'm SHOCKED!!
They did it EXACTLY how it needed to be done.

On 26 February 2015, the FCC ruled in favor of net neutrality by reclassifying broadband access as a telecommunications service and thus applying Title II (common carrier) of the Communications Act of 1934 to internet service providers.

No new regulations, just applying the same regulations for television and radio that have always been in effect.

No new taxes, no 500 pages of some BS congressional law, no pork, just making ISP's like any other medium.

Mark this day down, something was done right in 7 years of the Obama administration.

You couldn't be more wrong or misguided. Mark this day down people as the day when "content" will begin to be controlled. Both here and on television.
Benito Obamalini has won another battle.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager

And FYI, the biggest power grab EVER is NSA domestic spying.

No, I'd say the biggest power grabs ever were the Patriot Act, Homeland Security, NFA, GCA '68, and NSA domestic spying (arguably under the first two), in that order. At least, within the last 100 years. Prior to that, well, there was that "little" power grab in 1861...
Which made the NSA domestic spying legal. Thank you sir.

And don't forget the NFA of '34.

Oh and the GCZ of '68. Little known fact...who do you think paid the lobbyist's for that? US gun manufacturers...that's just sad right there.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by NeBassman
http://arstechnica.com/business/201...-a-ban-on-paid-fast-lanes-and-title-ii/+

The core net neutrality provisions are bans on blocking and throttling traffic, a ban on paid prioritization, and a requirement to disclose network management practices. Broadband providers will not be allowed to block or degrade access to legal content, applications, services, and non-harmful devices or favor some traffic over others in exchange for payment. There are exceptions for "reasonable network management" and certain data services that don't use the "public Internet." Those include heart monitoring services and the Voice over Internet Protocol services offered by home Internet providers.

This is no more a plan to regulate the Internet than the First Amendment is a plan to regulate free speech. They both stand for the same concepts: openness, expression, and an absence of gate keepers telling people what they can do, where they can go, and what they can think.
Sounds good. Until you understand that zero pushed for it and soros spent 190 million on it. Then it just all becomes worthless words.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I'll be curious to see how long it takes before the Feds try to ban gun sales on their new toy.
Again, separate issue. They may in fact try to do that. But it's not because net neutrality suddenly gave them the ability.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

And FYI, the biggest power grab EVER is NSA domestic spying.

No, I'd say the biggest power grabs ever were the Patriot Act, Homeland Security, NFA, GCA '68, and NSA domestic spying (arguably under the first two), in that order. At least, within the last 100 years. Prior to that, well, there was that "little" power grab in 1861...
Which made the NSA domestic spying legal. Thank you sir.

And don't forget the NFA of '34.

Oh and the GCZ of '68. Little known fact...who do you think paid the lobbyist's for that? US gun manufacturers...that's just sad right there.

I put the NFA in there, as third. You know who else was totally for the GCA '68? The NRA. Now, how much money has that made them over the years for fighting many of the regulations and rules that they helped put in place?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
not reading the entire thread. but it is not constitutional just like most of what zero does. Should have been handled by Congress. Un-elected committee making law. I repeat unconstitutional.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ironbender
It is clearly flawed legislation - it involves the .gov.
This is what you people don't get. No legislation was passed, there is no new law. The Internet is recognized as an information medium the same as radio and television...how is that wrong?

What an idiot! There was 330 pages of legislation passed - much of it yet unclear or defined.
Follow the money here with GG - there is something else at play other than his ignorance.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Right, Kev.

Just another wonderful, freedom-enhancing agenda item from Obama.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bcolorado
Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Tom Wheeler said on Feb. 4 that he backed Obama’s plan to reclassify the Internet as a public utility under the government agency’s Title II authority. FCC commissioner Ajit Pai said in a press release on Feb. 6 that the plan “marks a monumental shift toward government control of the Internet.” Even a liberal think tank predicted that these regulations could result in a new $156 fee for American households.

"The liberal Progressive Policy Institute (PPI) predicted that households could pay an additional $156 in fees to federal, state, and local governments if regulators reclassified the internet as a public utility in a report released December, 2014. Revenue from these fees would total $15 billion per year, according to PPI."

http://www.mrc.org/articles/nets-barely-cover-obamas-internet-regulations

Let's say all that is true; I'll just give you that one.

The alternative is to allow 5-6 big companies complete control of what goes over the internet. You also allow them to practice anti-trust; like they have been.

The type of anti-trust they have bee engaging in could cost this company hundreds of billions of dollars. It would be a huge hindrance to capitalism and free speech.

So which is the lesser of the two evils?

IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I'll be curious to see how long it takes before the Feds try to ban gun sales on their new toy.
Again, separate issue. They may in fact try to do that. But it's not because net neutrality suddenly gave them the ability.

No but it will give them the ability to erase any dissenting arguments. It will give them the ability to control all content, thus making the internet and extension of the MSM.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bcolorado
Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Tom Wheeler said on Feb. 4 that he backed Obama’s plan to reclassify the Internet as a public utility under the government agency’s Title II authority. FCC commissioner Ajit Pai said in a press release on Feb. 6 that the plan “marks a monumental shift toward government control of the Internet.” Even a liberal think tank predicted that these regulations could result in a new $156 fee for American households.

"The liberal Progressive Policy Institute (PPI) predicted that households could pay an additional $156 in fees to federal, state, and local governments if regulators reclassified the internet as a public utility in a report released December, 2014. Revenue from these fees would total $15 billion per year, according to PPI."

http://www.mrc.org/articles/nets-barely-cover-obamas-internet-regulations

Let's say all that is true; I'll just give you that one.

The alternative is to allow 5-6 big companies complete control of what goes over the internet. You also allow them to practice anti-trust; like they have been.

The type of anti-trust they have bee engaging in could cost this company hundreds of billions of dollars. It would be a huge hindrance to capitalism and free speech.

So which is the lesser of the two evils?

So, prosecute them under an anti-trust suit and keep the additional .gov control and regulation out of it.

Another power grab, another set of taxes and fees, and more .gov control of what is said, how, where, when, and why we do NOT need.

There are laws in place to fix this one identified problem without what is being proposed.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Major ISPs, such as AT&T and Verizon, are expected to sue the agency over the rules.

In addition to lawsuit challenges to the FCC rules, three separate congressional investigations are also underway into attempts by the White House to influence the decision making of Thomas Wheeler, the FCC’s chairman.

The public has to wait until the order is published in the Federal Register before it can see the rules. Publication is expected to take days or even weeks.

They had to pass it so we could know whats in it grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If obama and the left are super excited about this, how is the hair on the back of your neck NOT standing up?

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
You couldn't be more wrong or misguided. Mark this day down people as the day when "content" will begin to be controlled. Both here and on television.
Benito Obamalini has won another battle.
First, every nation in the world has been trying that for over 30 years, how's it working for them.

Now let's say you're right. The government wants to control content...well, news flash; they've been doing it all along. This change has nothing to do with that. It doesn't further empower them to do so, nor does it further restrict them from doing so. That little piece of evil happening is just something you need to recognize is happening, and has been happening for a LONG time.

Do you remember how hard it was to find a copy of Edward Snowden's first internet speeches? That was two years before anyone even uttered the words net neutrality.

Separate issue my friend.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
If obama and the left are super excited about this, how is the hair on the back of your neck NOT standing up?

Its not the hair on his neck, but the tingle in his leg grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
If obama and the leftany in .gov are super excited about this, how is the hair on the back of your neck NOT standing up?

Proposed edit. I don't trust any of them and when any of them are excited, my "spidey sense" goes nuts.

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
So, prosecute them under an anti-trust suit and keep the additional .gov control and regulation out of it.

Another power grab, another set of taxes and fees, and more .gov control of what is said, how, where, when, and why we do NOT need.

There are laws in place to fix this one identified problem without what is being proposed.
Understand that Anti-Trust is only part of the problem. And how long does it take to prosecute anti-trust? In the time it takes to prosecute they could do huge harm to capitalism over the internet.

We could have just broken up the ISP's and passed a regulation that said that an ISP cannot also provide content. I would have been okay with that. But we all know that wasn't going to happen, because neither the democrats or the republicans were even talking about it.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The argument about the flow and speed of data is not the issue - its the "strawman" that draws the unsuspecting in to agree with a false premise. If after 6 years anyone trusts this administrations real intent, well, I've got semi-truck load of M885 ammo for $1.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I enjoy a good common sense look into almost anything, but I can unconditionally say that allowing .gov one more aspect of control is total dumbphuckery at best.

The EPA and ATF started somewhere - this [bleep] doesn't happen over night.

sorry. None of its right; said without debate.

Menstrual cycle.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

338 members (17CalFan, 160user, 163bc, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 28 invisible), 2,037 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,627
Posts18,474,133
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.