Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Now I have a daytrip from home. And a daytrip for when I visit the in-laws this summer in NC.

You people are trouble.

GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by gunner500
HAHAHA damn, I'll bring similar so you can bust some clay birds with mine at the campout at your place Ed.

Sandcritter told me about you and your treasure. You're just as bad as he is!

Looking forward to the Gathering and shaking your hand, Jerry! grin

Ed

Same here Ed, this one has 28" Krupp steel barrels and is a 6.5 lb 12 Bore SXS double, a real sweet shooting/swinging bird gun.

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Let the record show, some of this evil influence started with Gunner and his light twelve A5 at a hog hunt a few years ago. Hadn't hunted a shotgun in twenty some years, and then was only recently again dabbling by myself at the range with a cz/ huglu and M37. Wasn't really "feeling" it again.

Anyway, had never shot an A5 until that day, and was such a night/ day difference in fit and snatching clays out of the sky... hell, I asked Jerry if he'd consider giving it a new home. No luck. Well, that's when the sickness began in earnest, chasing that elusive fit in interesting old guns. Reckon have found it by now, but too much fun to stop "looking".

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I remember that day well Doc, hell, you couldn't miss with my old A-5, it was worth the price of admission just to watch you enjoy that old Belgium girl. smile

You know she is a three barreled set, has the 26" IC barrel you were shooting, a 30" Full for ducks, geese, Turkeys and the like, and a 24" barrel with rifle sights, I spect, if need be, a man could successfully hunt and kill all U.S. game with that set-up.

It shoots the 2-3/4" Brenekke KO slugs to 4 and 5" groups at 100 yards.

Trump Won!
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by tdd4570
Now I have a daytrip from home. And a daytrip for when I visit the in-laws this summer in NC.

You people are trouble.

Outstanding! Glad to hear you're going to make it!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
HAHAHA damn, I'll bring similar so you can bust some clay birds with mine at the campout at your place Ed.
Sandcritter told me about you and your treasure. You're just as bad as he is! Looking forward to the Gathering and shaking your hand, Jerry! grin Ed
Same here Ed, this one has 28" Krupp steel barrels and is a 6.5 lb 12 Bore SXS double, a real sweet shooting/swinging bird gun.

I can't wait!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Do I need to bring my double rifles?

Trump Won!
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Do I need to bring my double rifles?

Does a kitty have a climbing gear? Is pig nookie pork? Does a bear defecate in the forest? laugh laugh laugh

Ed

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Rah-Jah, thought you'd be up for a volley of 577 Nitro. laugh

Trump Won!
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
What the heck. I'm tired of my neck vertebra being in the same old places anyway. laugh

Ed

IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
A friend of mine showed his Boss SS shotgun from his collection. Nice looking firearm. I had no idea a shotgun could cost that much.

The only difference between the men and boys
Are the size of their feet and the price of their toys-G. Clark

Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter

My wife of 50½-years came with a dowry ... a Parker VHE in 12-gauge.

The woman was worth it and the shottygun was totally, absolutely and damned well worth it!!!

God Bless,

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
What the heck. I'm tired of my neck vertebra being in the same old places anyway. laugh

Ed

LOL, I have 10 or so each of the Woodleigh 750 gr bullets, Ill load those up for plinking, have the rifle regulated to shoot to the sights with the Barnes softs and solids. wink

Trump Won!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
doc is an evil man

FJB
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by rockchucker
doc is an evil man

I keep saying that! Toss in Gunner500, EvilTwin, Crossfireoops, and sharpsguy, and you have a real terror team! grin

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So ED, which one are you trying to sneak past Barbra? miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Miles, I gave that up years and years ago. grin

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Ed

It's only hard on your teeth smirk

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
So I should wear a mouthguard when I shoot it? shocked eek

Do I need to wear a cup, too? grin

Ed

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
if you ever get to phoenix, there is a special room at a private residence in paradise valley. Use to be run by the head of winchester's shotgun division until h is death. All high end shotguns. There are blanks for stocks in there that were alive two hundred years ago. One day i was in there and he handed me this very pretty shotgun, had a four barrel set. Price tag was ih the 300k range if i remember right. They were flying in italians yearly to do engraving. I couldn't put that gun down fast enough.
the thing i will always regret is choking up on the price on this little 28guage double called a tulip. Made in england turn of the century, english leather canvas case, cut glass oil bottle, and the grip on the stock was smaller that my wrist. I looked at that gun for over a year, and was stupid enought not to buy it.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 03/02/15.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

328 members (204guy, 260Remguy, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 280ACKIMP, 36 invisible), 2,433 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,754
Posts18,476,336
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.