Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
BC30cal Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Fellow 'Fire Folks;
I was chatting with a friend from the Yukon the other night and he was mentioning he'd had a chance to look at a Fierce rifle - and I'd not heard of one up that point.

He was of the opinion that the fit and finish exceeded his Nosler rifle and from the information he'd got, the Fierce would be less money.

Anyway, here's a link I found when trying to research them.

http://www.fiercearms.com/

I apologize for posting this in two subsections, but perhaps will get more feedback here.

If anyone has handled one I'd be interested in your thoughts on them. Thanks in advance and here's to a good March for you all.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I played with one at the expo a week or two ago. Fit and finish seemed very nice. I was mostly looking at the titanium action, carbon barrel versions. For those the prices aren't too bad considering what everyone else is charging these days. For a titanium action, carbon stock, and carbon wrapped barrel it was around $4000. For what its worth the action seemed quite a bit less "sticky" Than the other Ti actions I have messed with. According to the sales guy it was because they edm the raceways, but I also heard they coat them so who knows. The sales guy seemed nice enough, but he's still the sales guy, so who really knows. Not like it would be the first time a sales guy either intentionally or unintentionally misled somebody.

They "forgot" to mention that their action was pretty much a sako clone until in the middle of their speil about all of its amazing features I mentioned that it sure looked similar to my sako 85 without the integral mounts. Then he told me they had "based their action on a much higher toleranced version of the sako" whatever that means.

The carbon barrels supposedly come from proof research. Which in my admittedly limited experience puts them worlds ahead of Christensen. He also said they use Mcgowen barrels for the non carbon wrapped. They also said they make pretty much everything else. From stocks, to actions, to triggers, everything but the barrels. Stocks seemed pretty nice as well as I could tell without really doing anything but fondling it at the show. The style is my preferred style and fit me very well which may have had something to do with it.

I could be tempted by one of the carbon/Ti version in 300 win mag or somesuch to be honest. Its great we have so many options but just the fact its not the same remington clone as everyone else is kind of appealing.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Wire EDM is a good way to do the raceways, but has nothing to do with sticky. I wouldn't give you a dime for a carbon wrapped barrel. Ti receivers need something like a PVD coating to fix the sticky.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Haven't handled one but have seen a lot of detailed pictures from a guy who I've dealt with many times who has brought a couple in to his shop in north central BC. From what was shown fit and finis is first class. Accuracy out of one in 300wsm that they got running is well within the 1/2 moa guarantee.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Sure looks a lot like a Sako action.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
IC B2

G
GRF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Dwayne; a friend of mine just bought 2 (one for him nd his wife) at first blush quality and accuracy are quite. Wait time wer LONG as demand execeeded manufacturing capacity.

I am having lunch with him next week. Are there any specific questions you want me ask him?If I don't give you an update via this thread or a PM please put a cyber boot up my backside.

Thanks GRF

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
The prices have when up over $1000 since they first started advertising. I know of a few people who ordered them and then cancelled their orders because of wait time and no communication.

They look like a quality rifle. It's John Mogles company, ex Christensen man.

BC30cal Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
GRF;
Thanks for the reply sir, I trust this finds you and your fine family well.

The reason for my initial queries was simply a lack of any knowledge on them and the fact that a good friend in the Yukon had handled one and his initial response was favorable.

I hope the winter has treated you folks well and your rifle project is progressing well too.

Thanks to you and all the respondents who helped me learn about this new company.

All the best to you and yours this weekend GRF.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

R
R
I have one and have had nothing but problems. After getting it 6 months late it would not extract and wouldnt load without help. I sent it back and left my 20 MOA rail on they sent me a email saying they had fixed the problem but my rail is in the way and needs to be modified and they could fix the problem the problem for $110 I told them I would have my gun smith modify it. I put a 2pc bases on and scope to test it when it extracts it throws brass straight up and now hits the scope. Not sure where to go from here. I've read others having same problem. His last email said i might need a new bolt or scope not sure what scope has to do with. The customer service is terrible. Getting ready to buy another rifle but wont buy another one from them.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by shootem

Pretty sure it's an 85

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by d500lnn
Originally Posted by shootem

Pretty sure it's an 85

No, it is a Sako 85 clone action.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by half_whit
I played with one at the expo a week or two ago. Fit and finish seemed very nice. I was mostly looking at the titanium action, carbon barrel versions. For those the prices aren't too bad considering what everyone else is charging these days. For a titanium action, carbon stock, and carbon wrapped barrel it was around $4000. For what its worth the action seemed quite a bit less "sticky" Than the other Ti actions I have messed with. According to the sales guy it was because they edm the raceways, but I also heard they coat them so who knows. The sales guy seemed nice enough, but he's still the sales guy, so who really knows. Not like it would be the first time a sales guy either intentionally or unintentionally misled somebody.

They "forgot" to mention that their action was pretty much a sako clone until in the middle of their speil about all of its amazing features I mentioned that it sure looked similar to my sako 85 without the integral mounts. Then he told me they had "based their action on a much higher toleranced version of the sako" whatever that means.

The carbon barrels supposedly come from proof research. Which in my admittedly limited experience puts them worlds ahead of Christensen. He also said they use Mcgowen barrels for the non carbon wrapped. They also said they make pretty much everything else. From stocks, to actions, to triggers, everything but the barrels. Stocks seemed pretty nice as well as I could tell without really doing anything but fondling it at the show. The style is my preferred style and fit me very well which may have had something to do with it.

I could be tempted by one of the carbon/Ti version in 300 win mag or somesuch to be honest. Its great we have so many options but just the fact its not the same remington clone as everyone else is kind of appealing.

Higher toleranced version of a Sako. Run Forrest Run

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Its a Sako 75 copy maybe 85, cheapened up to look like a Rem clone.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Don't know much about the rifle. I'd not pay thousands for a custom rifle with a McGowen barrel.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So, if you get a ti fierce you get a ti 85?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Higher tolerance 85?

My Sako 85’s are pretty tight already.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Don’t forget that pesky 6 o’clock ejector thang.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Dwayne, I've handled the Fierce lower end rifle side by side with a Barrett Fieldcraft. IMO the Barrett was less money and twice the rifle.

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Did Fierce address the "so called" ejection problem???

I don't always venture out into the sub-freezing darkness, but when I do, it is deer hunting season, and I carry a Remington. Stay hungry my friends.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
yes

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (35, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 257robertsimp, 13 invisible), 1,672 guests, and 745 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,324
Posts18,526,464
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.