Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Hi Allen! I was just trolling Rimfire Central's website last nite. They have done cool stickies!

Afraid I won't be much help. I will however take you out to dinner if you ever get back this direction. Scrubby' is now an Asian food joint, but sure we can find something of an agreeable menu!

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB4

Pugs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Afraid I won't be much help. I will however take you out to dinner if you ever get back this direction. Scrubby' is now an Asian food joint, but sure we can find something of an agreeable menu!

Sad frown That was as good a brisket as I had in the Pac NW. I do need to get back out there and we'll certainly hook up for a meal.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Clearly Pugs needs a Sharps...

grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Pugs Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Clearly Pugs needs a Sharps...

grin

Back demon, back I say! Get me an old priest and a young priest and some holy water stat! grin

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I am wanting a mini-Sharps but don't want to fork the coin for a Dakota. Looking at the Lyman in 38-55.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pugs
I don’t recall if it was Patrick McManus, Ed Zern or perhaps Gene Hill that warned us about what happens if you leave guns in a dark safe. They multiply at an alarming rate!

[Linked Image]

Frankly, I blame the campfire. 15 years ago I was perfectly happy shooting stuff with a Win M70 .243 my dad had given me! You people are a bad influence (in the best possible way)

[Linked Image]

The Fort Knox I have I bought more than 25 years ago and I think it was a 12 gun safe. Over time I took the shelves out and inserted some new configs to allow more but I was pretty much done and guns that should be in the safe we now in cases and spread around the house.

[Linked Image]

Friend Jorge, with the same problem, pointed this http://www.storemoreguns.com company out a couple weeks ago so I counted poorly and ordered the 20-gun set ($75)

It’s essentially sheet of the loop side of Velcro you staple to the bottom of the shelf and then a series of .22 rods that a disk with the hook side you slide into the barrel and hook to the bottom of the shelf.

[Linked Image]

As you can see, it works great and the 12 gun safe now holds 24 with room for at least a half dozen more (time to get busy!). 32 percussion no longer fits since I filled in the insert in the shelf that allowed very long barrels so I’ll just have to let VANimrod make me and offer I can’t refuse (hear that Sean!)

As you can see, I ran over 20 so cut a disk from a dowel and drilled and inserted and then stuck some Velcro on the end. In fact, you could make this whole set-up for far less than $75 but I have to give the folks that put it together credit for ingenuity and marketing it so I don’t feel like I wasted the money.

[Linked Image]

A nice couple hour project including oiling and checking out guns that don’t get out of the safe much as well as catching up with documenting serial numbers and such.

[Linked Image]

That .32 Pedersoli (never fired, btw) can come live here for a spell.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

57 members (300_savage, 3dtestify, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 7 invisible), 1,204 guests, and 810 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,994
Posts18,481,137
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.