Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Went on to their custom shop wanting to look @ 3x scopes .... starting price for an FX-2 3x20 is $625!!! Really? $625? Hell SWFA seems like a friggin' bargain @ $500. Those who got in @ the $299 starting prices are either lucky or friggin' genius.

Rant secured, restore all gear.

Best,
gjh

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
GB1

C
CKW Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I bought a couple of them a couple of years ago; one off Campfire classifieds and one from SWFA. I thought they were expensive then but now feel much better. smile

I agree with you that the current prices are insane! cry

I am not a genius - just wish I was! laugh

"It is wise, though, to remember above all else: rifle, caliber, scope, and even bullets notwithstanding, the most important feature of successful big game hunting is to put that bullet in the correct place, the first time!" John Jobson
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I asked for simple things like a mil reticle or the windplex on an fx-3 and was told it was not possible.

Some custom shop

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
I asked for simple things like a mil reticle or the windplex on an fx-3 and was told it was not possible.

Some custom shop

They tell you what you want and how you'll like it. That's "custom".

Too bad they put Precision Reticle out of the custom business on Leupold scopes. With them, you really could get what you wanted.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I went to buy a 3x from swfa last week and saw the huge price bump. I thought they were only 350-400 when I checked last month. To bad won't be buying one now.

IC B2

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Leupold's site also no longer lists the 2.5x20 FX-II Ultralight scope, just the IER (Intermediate Eye Relief, or "scout") version. SWFA still lists the 2.5-x20 Ultralight for $270, but for how long?

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

Some custom shop

I called about the windplex in a 6x42 today. Fella said 8-10 months. He also said all the current production windplex reticles were going in production scopes. Makes sense to me.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I picked up two of each a while back at better prices....glad for that but sure wish we had Precision Reticle around to install pickets as I hate this huge German posts....especially the horizontals....no purpose to em at all.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by avagadro
Went on to their custom shop wanting to look @ 3x scopes .... starting price for an FX-2 3x20 is $625!!! Really? $625? Hell SWFA seems like a friggin' bargain @ $500. Those who got in @ the $299 starting prices are either lucky or friggin' genius.

Best,
gjh

Why don't you buy 4x33 instead. I'm grasping at straws, but the only plausible reason to pick 3x would be slightly more room for wider ring spacing.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Well the hunters cried for them for years and they brought them back. The demand however may have been a little artificial at $600+. I know I won't be buying one. powdr

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by VernAK
I picked up two of each a while back at better prices....glad for that but sure wish we had Precision Reticle around to install pickets as I hate this huge German posts....especially the horizontals....no purpose to em at all.

Ditto, ditto, ditto and ditto.

Actually considered rotating out/selling off one of mine, then noted the replacement price today. Couldn't believe it. You mean the ONLY thing in my cabinet that's significantly accrued value in the past few years is a Leupold scope!?!? cry

Nope, hold on, wait a minute. We're not being disaffected by Leopold 3x20mm hoarders now, are we? Is that the new "prepper" thing now?

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Higbean
Originally Posted by RWE

Some custom shop

I called about the windplex in a 6x42 today. Fella said 8-10 months. He also said all the current production windplex reticles were going in production scopes. Makes sense to me.

Fella I talked to replied, verbatim, "We would not be able to do any reticle with windage holds in the 6X42. The closest reticle I could do will be either a LR or a custom duplex."

That does not imply a production issue with a delay of 8-10 months, that implies nothing with windage marks, whether the mildot or moa windplex, on a FX. I guess I should have asked him to clarify, but I thought my original inquiry was adequate.

Of course, I was about to suggest a custom duplex that had dots spaced about every mil or so, but I'm tired of being an ass.

Last edited by RWE; 02/25/15.
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Fellas,you can buy a 3x used. That's what I did,paid a whole $25 for it,sent it to Leopold to clean up and replace the reticle with a duplex for $60. Have a whopping $85 in it.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is Leupolds windplex reticle

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Slavek
Originally Posted by avagadro

Best,
gjh

Why don't you buy 4x33 instead. I'm grasping at straws, but the only plausible reason to pick 3x would be slightly more room for wider ring spacing.

Have those. Was thinking a two matching 3x's on on my 39A and one on my 30AS.

Just surprised as he!! at that asking price ... TWICE of what their introductory price was when they reintroduced them. Seems to me the 1.5-4x20 VX-2 may be the way to go.
smile

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
...deflave

Thanks for the referral, should I raise my price ?? LOL

Tom aka rinkydink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 4ager

They tell you what you want and how you'll like it. That's "custom".

Too bad they put Precision Reticle out of the custom business on Leupold scopes. With them, you really could get what you wanted.

Amen. I miss Premier.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have two 3x. One man's junk is another's treasure. While the 3x was out of print, I gave $200 for a really nice M8, then later $25 for another. Last time I looked they were $329.95 at SWFA. W O W ! I suspect that is their "we really don't want to make one" price.

Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I could be wrong but I think I remember reading that the Leupold Custom Shop was producing a set amount of discontinued scopes and calling/selling them as limited production. I'm guessing now that the 3x is a custom only scope. Like I said,I could be wrong though. I would've really liked one but they were priced out of my budget when they came out, let alone now. I hunt deer in Northern MN and Northern WI and think a fixed 3x is about perfect for my 20-200 yard shots that I normally get.

(Micah 6:8) "Words are what men live by... words they say and mean." -John Wayne, The Comancheros "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives." -Ronald Reagan
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (222Sako, 01Foreman400, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 66 invisible), 2,488 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,600
Posts18,492,235
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.