-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 24 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 23 24
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's understandable that unbelievers can't see the truth. No sense getting all worked up about it as a believer, we should expect no less than ridicule. As an unbeliever and I could read the words in the Bible but it was literally like a foreign language. I could read it, but it sounded like jibberish. Then, one day, I was saved. The book took on life, which is exactly what the Bible says it is to a believer, life. It also says it's foolishness to an unbeliever. Proven here today.

From a purely objective point of view, how can two otherwise similar people have such vastly different understandings of simple language as written in the Bible, if not for spiritual revelation to the believer? The words are not complicated, yet the unbeliever cannot accept them, indeed most cannot even read them! What other book is it said of, "It cannot be read"?
It's because the nasty nature within us wars against God and His word, and until we recognize our rebellion and failure, we are at odds with God. We are enemies of God.

He promises to reveal Himself to any that ask, to show Himself to any that seek, yet our pride won't allow it. We want to be the God of our lives. You can see that richly displayed in this thread. The unbelievers are standing tall and boastful against God. Make no mistake, there will be a day to answer for our (mine included) rebellion.

Sad thing is, an unbeliever thinks believing comes at great cost to "fun" things. They think the Bible and christianity is a behavior modification program. Like a ten step for addictions. I didn't realize when I accepted Christ how my desires would change, and I would be happy about it! Hard to understand I know.

The Bible's truth is revealed super-naturally. You have to step out in faith to receive revelation. It sounds crazy my friends, but I assure you that is the only way to comprehend the Bible. More than understand, more than read with cognitive recognition. It's LIFE, THE ANSWER.

Like blood is the life in your body, God is life in our spirit. Without it, there is futility, death, hopelessness. Again, you can see the futility and hopelessness of the unbelievers posting here. Just an angst, a hostility towards God and other men. Yet, they cannot see.

LOL

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Originally Posted by bushrat
When I get to the pearly gates, as he prepares to cast me into hell, I'll do my best to grab hold of him and kick his ass for not making himself evident to me. God never fails to disappoint.

Why not challenge Him to do that now, instead of waiting?

Been challenging for 50 years. Maybe one day he will make it clear to me, until then I'll just keep poking away at it. I grew up smothered in Christianity. When I was 6 years old sitting in Sunday school it seemed like such a crock, always felt I was being conned and manipulated.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
You have been. By Satan.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
When I get to the pearly gates, as he prepares to cast me into hell, I'll do my best to grab hold of him and kick his ass for not making himself evident to me. God never fails to disappoint.

Been challenging for 50 years. Maybe one day he will make it clear to me, until then I'll just keep poking away at it. I grew up smothered in Christianity. When I was 6 years old sitting in Sunday school it seemed like such a crock, always felt I was being conned and manipulated.

Yep, twelve years of Catholic school(high school was my option) six or seven years as an altar boy(again,my choice) was enough for me. I tried to immerse myself in the ritual but I was always skeptical. I was close to two priests. (If I served a funeral in the summer one particular priest would drive me home and take a dip in the pool and help himself to one of my dad's beers!) I spoke at length about my doubts and fear of eternal damnation if I didn't believe. The best advice I got was similar to curdog's of keeping an open mind.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Fireball2
It's understandable that unbelievers can't see the truth. No sense getting all worked up about it as a believer, we should expect no less than ridicule. As an unbeliever and I could read the words in the Bible but it was literally like a foreign language. I could read it, but it sounded like jibberish. Then, one day, I was saved. The book took on life, which is exactly what the Bible says it is to a believer, life. It also says it's foolishness to an unbeliever. Proven here today.

Fireball you are arrogant and assuming. You have no idea what's in the heart/mind of an unbeliever other than what you read in a book that just might be 2000 year old folklore.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Truth hurts is all. If you can get past the ritualistic religiosity and see that Jesus also stood against the very same, you'd see some hope in the message of the gospel. Since when is "Good News" bad news? When you want to be God of your life.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When y'all meet Jesus, look out for that left hand. It's gonna be poopy.

He is an Arab after all.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Again, you can't prove it's the truth. And in a way we are all "gods" of our lives, ever heard of free will?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Truth hurts is all.

That cuts both ways, friend.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by MadMooner
When y'all meet Jesus, look out for that left hand. It's gonna be poopy.

He is an Arab after all.

Thanks, coffee all over my monitor!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sauer200

Yep, twelve years of Catholic school(high school was my option) six or seven years as an altar boy(again,my choice) was enough for me. I tried to immerse myself in the ritual but I was always skeptical. I was close to two priests. (If I served a funeral in the summer one particular priest would drive me home and take a dip in the pool and help himself to one of my dad's beers!) I spoke at length about my doubts and fear of eternal damnation if I didn't believe. The best advice I got was similar to curdog's of keeping an open mind.

Enough information for an excellent question right there... but it will remain unasked smile

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Truth hurts is all. If you can get past the ritualistic religiosity and see that Jesus also stood against the very same, you'd see some hope in the message of the gospel. Since when is "Good News" bad news? When you want to be God of your life.

Everybody takes their best guess, and hopes they are right. Some things make sense to one guy and seem ridiculous to the next, doesn't necessarily make one smarter than the other. End of the day, we follow the path we think is right, but not a one of us KNOWS for sure. Most people seem to be very uncomfortable with not knowing for certain, and vehemently deny this lack of knowing, but the fact remains.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by xxclaro

Everybody takes their best guess, and hopes they are right. Some things make sense to one guy and seem ridiculous to the next, doesn't necessarily make one smarter than the other. End of the day, we follow the path we think is right, but not a one of us KNOWS for sure. Most people seem to be very uncomfortable with not knowing for certain, and vehemently deny this lack of knowing, but the fact remains.

You don't have to guess. Men guess because they don't have the assurance promised in the Bible, thru salvation and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. They rely on what they can think through, which requires no faith at all.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

Once you have assurance, you are no longer guessing, with all the apprehension and angst seen here by unbelievers. The Bible promises peace that surpasses understanding, and it delivers.

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 4ager
Truth hurts is all.

The truth only hurts if we're wrong.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
Truth hurts is all.

The truth only hurts if we're wrong.

Since you're guessing about that you "know" just as much as anyone else, and you're simply basing it on your belief, your "truth" is just as much right/wrong as that of anyone else.

You won't agree, because of your faith and your belief, but that is in fact, fact.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't expect any unbeliever to believe.

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. Matthew 7:7

LOL
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by GeoW

Enough information for an excellent question right there... but it will remain unasked smile

I see where you're going. Fortunately,I can answer no. As a matter of fact he would as me if there were any good looking girls in the neighborhood I could invite over!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
god forgives everyone for their sins up until their very last air breathing moment if they find him in their hearts according to the bible right???????

even serial killers
murderers
rapist
child molesters
inhumane dictators and leaders
?????????????????????

sounds like we all have a chance then.........

gonna meet some infamous interesting souls on the other side of saint petes gate from the way it can all work out I geuss

pass the plate and donate

that probably wont last long if donations to charity cant be used as deductions for taxes in the future
specially if dems keep on getting elected president

Last edited by renegade50; 03/03/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't expect any unbeliever to believe.

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. Matthew 7:7

Quoting your own beliefs as a source of "fact" does not make them "fact". It simply reinforces what your belief is.

A Muslim or a Buddhist or a Hindu would do the same with regard to those not of their faith, and you would not believe them as having "fact", would you?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Despite appearances, there are no undirected lives. When a man chooses to direct his own life, he is operating under an illusion. His thinking will be shaped by others, either in words or deeds. He was made a "searcher" and that compulsion to search will never leave him until he finds what he is searching for.

That search is actually a search for spiritual rest. Many opt for the counterfeit version of that spiritual rest in alcohol, drugs, sex, work, or gambling. Excessive religiosity is one sure sign of a man still searching.

Adopting the Bible as the source for spiritual rest has its own hazards. A man's ego becomes involved in such subtle ways that he winds up directing his own life, with his thinking shaped by others.

Only a full and complete surrender to the will of the Creator of the Universe will put a man in harmony with that Universe and he will then be at rest.

But........... what about Satan?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I didn't need any help in earning a front row seat in whatever Hell there may be. grin

FWIW.... I directed my own life for 43 years and wound up a Drunk on the scrap heap of humanity. I surrendered [Hell.... I could have surrendered to a monkey and bettered myself at that time] to the God that made me thirty years ago and life is good.

I found that spiritual rest.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 8 of 24 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (338rcm, 1minute, 338reddog, 264magnum, 06hunter59, 66 invisible), 2,347 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,538
Posts18,491,481
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.