Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Jahrs
Hearing aids.

Wearing my hearing aids right now, the major sounds I hear is the screaming that is constantly in the background no matter what I do.

Meniere's Sucks!!!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
GB1

X
xxclaro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
X
I'm actually pretty good at ignoring it, often not even noticing it for a few hours at a time. Stress definitely turns up the volume for me too. I keep a fan on at night for the white noise, but sometimes that's not enough and the ringing is louder than the fan. I can manage, but a cure would certainly be nice.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
A cure would be better than just nice.

A bunch of years ago I read about a treatment developed in France that use electrical acupuncture that tuned it out. It said the VA was going to do the lead on it here in the US since the most common VA disability is tinnitus, If you are a vet it is an automatic 10%.

I never heard any more about it so it bust have not worked.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It helps to psych yourself out and ignore it.
There are times when it just howls for me, a frequency I can't even begin to hear. Then other times, it's not there.
It's not reached the point where I "need" a cure, but I think I'm gonna give that lipo stuff a whirl.
The part that drives me coconuts, I'll lay down in the sack and think "I can't hear the ring a ding. Hmmm."
THEN it starts again. Geesh.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
could possibly be a tumor

IC B2

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
you know I wondered about that myself. God forbid that we all have tumors.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I had a tumor (12x25x32 mm). Having it removed made no difference.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I've had tinnitus since about age 15. I've learned to mostly ignore it, as it's been a fact of life for so long (now aged 62)
I'm now "substantially impaired" - severe loss in multiple ranges.
Hearing aids are just that - aids - they are NOT called hearing cures for a reason.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I told you it wasn't a tooomaaa.

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."
Henry Ford

If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by beefan
Been hearing a million crickets for years. Hearing aids help some.

+1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Had tinitus for years. What worked for me, was maintaining it at a tolerable level,so to speak. As if there is any "tolerable" level right? To reduce the trumpets in my ears I stay away from what causes it. Mine kicks up with increased stress at the office...mine reduced dramatically when I told the whole world to kiss my a$$ and just did the best job I knew how to do and forgot the rest. I also stopped (reduced really) caffeine and that knocked it back significantly. The trick that worked the best though was taking any kind of aspirin out of anything I might take for a headache, etc. It blew my mind when I found out that trick. One time it was suggested that I take a baby aspirin each day for heart health. After about a month I noticed my head sounded like the trumpets at the walls of Jericho 24/7. it was with me constantly....to the point I started some serious research about the causes and bingo....aspirin was a leading cause. I dropped the aspirin regimen and within a day the crickets and trumpets were virtually silenced.

Hope this helps!

I don't think it's wise to DC aspirin without consulting your Doc. It's a fact that tinnitus is a possible side effect of aspirin regimen, but so is it's anti-platelet abilities. Basically it thins your blood so it runs through your arteries more smoothly. Stopping might put you at risk for a heart attack or stroke. Ringing in the ears may be the lesser of two evils. Bottom line, please consult your doc first.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
X
xxclaro Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by slumlord
could possibly be a tumor

Possible, but if so it kicked in at the same time as a .223 was touched off about a foot from my ear. Indoors. I figured the ringing would subside after a while, but after a couple years its still there.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
TMJ can cause tinnitus.

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mudstud
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Seem to recall some talk of a potentially effective cure or treatment for tinnitus on here some time back. Any update on this? Was hoping it was for real and there was something a guy could do, but not seeing anything up here anyway.

It is Lipo-Flavonoid Plus. I just started taking it yesterday, so in another 59 days, I'll let you know if it helps! Picked mine up at WalMart.

Hey mud....any progress??

Thanks

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
3rd man on a stick doing MOUT training at Lejune and forgot to put my left plug in. Bout the time I passes the muzzle on my left he ripped 2 quick burst.
Never been the same since.
Constant whine.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Bad tinnitus plus acoustic nerouma keep the ringing loud and clear in my head. Like has been said aspirin and caffeine both will amp up the volume. Noise cancellation headphones with earplugs in airplanes and around loud noises keep some of the wild tones from going in to the painfull range.

tried different "guaranteed" pill remedies and even acupuncture but nothing so far has worked. Chiropractic will help when the volume increases from tmj or your occip being off.
White noise is about the only relief that i have found.
Good luck and let us know if you find a cure.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mine really flares up when people talk about their tinnitus, most other times I can ignore it. The hell of it is, I'm an ENT

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I've had it since I was a kid-firecrackers and shooting before anyone really worried about hearing protection. I can't recall what it was like to not have buzzing/ringing....on the up side maybe that's why I can't hear the voices in my head.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mudstud
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Seem to recall some talk of a potentially effective cure or treatment for tinnitus on here some time back. Any update on this? Was hoping it was for real and there was something a guy could do, but not seeing anything up here anyway.

It is Lipo-Flavonoid Plus. I just started taking it yesterday, so in another 59 days, I'll let you know if it helps! Picked mine up at WalMart.

About a year ago I went through a full course of Lipo-Flavonoid Plus at max dosage. Didn't do a damn thing but at least their money back guarantee was honored. I have had severe tinnitus for many years and it sucks.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (1minute, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 16penny, 57 invisible), 2,422 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,527
Posts18,472,663
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.