Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
[Linked Image]

I wondered where he'd gotten off to. Still got that popcorn addiction, too.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Bufaf,
I logged in to reply to this non-sense.
However, I see I have you on ignore already.
You are clearly irresponsible.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
All I know is that I've never had to ask for others opinions on how I should handle a transaction. I know how to handle them and can't imagine bringing it up.

Seems 2 men can work it out and figure out what was, wasn't fired in said rifle.

I don't have 3 days inspection periods, if the FFL transferred it rules or any rules. Men need to work things out as men.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No

Last edited by gemelli5; 03/17/15.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I have a couple of the H&R 1873 Officer Model trapdoor reproductions. When those rifles were made back in the early to mid-1970s, it was generally recognized that while the materials that H&R used to build them might be stronger than the originals, the design was still weak and that fact needed to be taken into account when reloading. When those rifles were originally sold, the only common factory ammo available was the mild 405 grain FP at 1,300+/- fps.

Buffalo Bore obviously recognized that their +P 45-70 ammo would be unsafe in some actions, so there is a warning printed on the box label that lists the makes/models of rifles that their 45-70 factory loads are intended for. There are no trapdoor Springfields, original or reproductions, on that list.

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Once bought a 24" 243 barrel from a "member" here, changed directions, resold in same packaging. New Buyer is like dude it's 22" - man that is low and I'm like uh uh and figured original seller would at least offer to buy it back, yeah it had been a couple months. Nope, nada and he was a dick about it to top it off. Since found out he's a retail "businessman". That explained his lack of owning up to his error. Purely out to profit. Something about 30day expiration... When I see his many ads I feel like posting asking if he'll guarantee the length, size, caliber, CCs or whatever. Anyways, it wasn't some POS trapdoor, this seller has no obligation but also needn't post here about it. Buffalo Bore? Who'd a thunk...

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
After 4 months of owning the rifle the buyer should be ashamed of evening contacting the seller expecting a refund or money back for any reason.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by bea175
After 4 months of owning the rifle the buyer should be ashamed of evening contacting the seller expecting a refund or money back for any reason.

+1 on this

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Five pages and I still don't know who the buyer was. mad

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by gregintenn

Craigster

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9319899/Re:_FS_H&R_Trapdoor_Sp#Post9319899

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gregintenn

Its some guy who thought he bought a gem, but whacked his pud for 4 months before finding out he had a dud. grin

free bump

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
this may of summed up the whole matter up

Originally Posted by Craigster
I got over seller's remorse a long time ago. Now, buyers remorse is a whole different matter, like in "why the hell did I buy this? "

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Yep!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have an old 22 that has run out of ammo, can I return it for a refund? I've only had it 40 yrs or so.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Well said...and then we have the usual village idiots pound on the seller.

These call-outs get old, but it is nice to know who/what is out there. It makes one appreciate the 95% good guys around here that know how to conduct business.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Bufaf, Why did you air this out in the classifieds? Craigster is always easy to talk to and deal with, in my experiences. It's looks like your trying to let everyone else run him down, to make you feel better - I hope this is not the case. Only you know the truth and the right thing to do in this matter. Man up and do something, one way or the other.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well jeeze, the rifle was either unfired or fired very little; what do you expect?

Besides, the add clearly stated the rifle was in excellent condition.

Just because the action pops open when shot should be expected on this model. grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by oregontripper
Once bought a 24" 243 barrel from a "member" here, changed directions, resold in same packaging. New Buyer is like dude it's 22" - man that is low and I'm like uh uh and figured original seller would at least offer to buy it back, yeah it had been a couple months. Nope, nada and he was a dick about it to top it off. Since found out he's a retail "businessman". That explained his lack of owning up to his error. Purely out to profit. Something about 30day expiration... When I see his many ads I feel like posting asking if he'll guarantee the length, size, caliber, CCs or whatever. Anyways, it wasn't some POS trapdoor, this seller has no obligation but also needn't post here about it. Buffalo Bore? Who'd a thunk...

Sooo you bought a barrel , didn't open the package , sold it to someone else without verifying it was even a barrel , TWO MONTHS later ? haahhahahahaha and then wanted to return it ?
hahahhahahaha

you and the 45/70 buyer should become buddies !

yea I'm the guy you trashed when I told the truth about the offshore junk Leupold's putting in their scopes and their lack of quality control , as posted by prominent members of this forum .

oregontripper , what are you trippin' on ?

Last edited by nitrosonic; 03/17/15.

"Only Accurate Rifles are Interesting" (Colonel Townsend Whelen)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks like Craigster took the high road on this thread regardless of the two distinguished members who chose to reveal his identity.. One question for the seller... Why did you not state that this was a repro rifle in your original for sale add? Do you think that is something everyone knows or takes for granted? And how do you know that a Buffalo Bore Cartridge was ever fired in this rifle?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Who in their right mind waits 4 months to fire a newly acquired gun? That's like going on a honeymoon and not.... well its just not natural.

There's 2 dates they carve on your tombstone.
Everyone knows what they mean.
What's more important is time that is known
as the little dash inbetween.

Razz
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 160user, 51 invisible), 2,053 guests, and 1,353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,763
Posts18,495,565
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.