Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bkmcdani
I sent them back and they cleaned the eye cups (if that's what they're called). They never fixed or replaced the binos, nor did they offer a refund. I've decided to use zip ties so I'll be able to wear them around my neck. It's not the end of the world, but IMO they didn't honor their policy. You live and you learn.

Did you ask to speak to Charles?

I had it in my head to give the new Prime HD 8x a go.
By screwing with one person, they just lost another. wink

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by SKane
I sent them back and they cleaned the eye cups (if that's what they're called). They never fixed or replaced the binos, nor did they offer a refund. I've decided to use zip ties so I'll be able to wear them around my neck. It's not the end of the world, but IMO they didn't honor their policy. You live and you learn.

Did you ask to speak to Charles?

I had it in my head to give the new Prime HD 8x a go.
By screwing with one person, they just lost another. wink

+1
I bet Tasco would even back their product better

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Good to know the warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on. I need a new 10x bino and was considering the Zen-Ray 10x43 ZEN ED3.
Not anymore.
Next on the list is Leupold's Mohave BX-3 10x42.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Get a Vortex. They stand behind their products.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Do not give up so easily. Obnoxious customers usually get satisfaction.

I have had two experiences with lifetime warranty over the years where my nice guy approach failed. I will name the companies. Swarovski and Browning. In each instance the repairs were sub standard.

With the glass something within the binocular body slipped while hunting mules in the desert, two years in succession. With a nasty letter to the CEO enclosed, they went back to Ausrtia for a rebuild. They came back better than new.

At Browning, they gave me a shoddy repair job on a salt wood gun. The old guy at the repair facility at Arnold had retired. I wrote the president of Browning a two page letter describing the work. Long story short, they rehired the old guy and he called me. He doubted my description and ssked me to return the shotgun to his attention. A few days later I got another call. He said, "The SOB looks exactly as you described it." It came back like new.

Squeaky wheels get grease.

Best wishes,

Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I see you started this thread back in February, and it
is now September.

You have been treated badly, Zenray, should have replaced
your binoculars right away, with a new one. They can't fix
a strap anchor, that is part of the frame.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I absolutely cannot understand this. What is the cost to the factory of a new replacement binocular versus the value of the company's reputation? In the age of the internet, a sour apple or a ticked off customer can do serious damage to the public perception of a company. Leica found this out six or seven years ago. I'm not sure they have fully recovered from the laser rangefinder debacle.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Nephew has a "beach house" on the S TX coast. Rented a golf cart that broke down. Rental company brought them another, comped the cart, and gave them a free cart for next trip down, and begged for no negative comments on their Webb site. They (the rental people) say that other yuppies pay attention to the reviews. PR matters !

Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (160user, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 1234, 53 invisible), 17,335 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,899
Posts18,538,717
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.