Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Originally Posted by SNAP
Be VERY, VERY careful with your comments here as action for defamation by libel can be a REAL bitch and I WILL NOT hesitate to have one of my barrister friends initiate this with you as subject of the complaint.

Even a suggestion that I or any person I associate with would, will or might commit an arson and you WILL face legal sanction, depend on it.

The rest of your invidious, ignorant and ill*mannered diatribe is not factually based and not worth a response.

Read slower, it says been mentioned on other sites by others.

GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
To the OP, my sincere apologies for my part in the trainwreck that your thread has become; I actually dislike such situations, but, fighting for conservation-sovereignty is my paramount concern.

In my opinion and I do often go home to the Kootenays, and totally apart from any other considerations, I would NOT, at this time, pay to hunt the Kootenays, for Moose.

MY first choice, NOW, would be a hunt with a Yukon outfitter or in the MacKenzie Mts. of Canada*s NWT. These cost more, sadly, but the available hunts will be the hunt of a lifetime.

Do NOT take our comments on allocation posted here personally as they are NOT intended that way, but, this IS the definitive fight for OUR rights and we must win it, now.

So, best of luck with your quest, the trip can be a fabulous experience.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by stew
Originally Posted by FoxtonGundogs
Originally Posted by stew
Originally Posted by noduck
I'm thinking of 2017 for a BC moose hunt. With the thread of the bad outfitter. I was wondering if any BC residents could recommend a region where a 45to50 inch moose is possible.I know they get bigger moose up there but trying to keep somewhat of a budget.

The thread of bad outfitter is a great example why i am looking for info. The Kootenays was an area i was looking at. Seems like it gets hunted pretty good?

A guy starts looking at outfitter websites and gets pumped up .But what is reality of the area?

I guess i'm looking for a moose hunt with a chance at seeing some moose and maybe looking for 45-50 spread.Would love to see 50-55 spread but from what i been looking at the price really jumps up

In the past people have asked these same questions and the first answer is how much you want to spend? I would like to spend 6k-8k. 8k on high end still have to pay for airfare etc etc.

Any info on a decent region would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Noduck.

There is a couple outfitters in the kootenays that can produce some nice moose but I don't think they will fall in your price range. If you want to post up some of the outfitters you are looking into it may help in getting a yes or no response. I would for sure stay away from the one mentioned in the bad outfitter thread.
Good luck and don't let people try to bully or scare you away from hunting in B.C.

We are not bullying any hunters, what we are asking for is the respect of other hunters, the same respect and support we would give you if suddenly almost 1/2 of all allotted tags were taken from you. Our fight is not with other hunters it is with the guides and government that made back room deals taking an unprecedented animals away from residents. Most of you live in States that allocate 5-10% 0f wildlife to non residents we are asked to accept 4-8 times that many taken from us. Our intentions to exercise our legal rights and hunt heavily in guide territories will put heavy pressure on the animals you are asked to pay good money to hunt and we are only saying there are better choices as to where to spend your hunting dollars. Resident Priority for everyone on their home turf.

Many of the problems in areas of B.C. are because of the residents and many of the areas are all ready have to much resident pressure. You say your fight is not with hunters but guides and government but yet you say you are going to put heavy pressure on animals. That's a big problem with many residents to worried about who gets to kill what no concern about conservation as you have shown.
Now your side kick SNAP is going to go set up blockades. It has also been mentioned on other sites by others about burning down cabins etc. Ya you guys are a great bunch for wildlife. When you say OUR intentions does this mean the BCWF or are you guys your own little gang.

Don't forget the laser beams and stolen trucks the GOABC is babbling about. What a pile of crap, which Outfit do you own/work for. And while you are at it maybe explain why it is guides in most of north America get by nicely on a 10% Allocation but B.C. guides are "going broke" and "getting divorced" with 40% allocation AND the monopoly of mandatory guide use for all non residents? Can you say poor business practises. The B.C. guide model id BROKEN beyond repair and needs to be torn down to the ground and rebuilt so the good outfits will flourish and the bad businesses will go by they way of the dodo that's what you call free enterprise NOT propping up a few in a failing industry on the backs of the many Resident Hunters. Spin it how you want there are huge changes coming. The good outfits who provide animals and service for their clients will flourish the poor business will collapse.
As for your retort to our hunting in "guide's" areas B.C is legally open to resident hunters, take away our meat in one way we will get it in another sorry if the guides don't like it.

BORN to HUNT
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
WELL SAID, tell it like it IS!!!!!

A chorus here of *We shall overcome*, eh wink

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S

Don't forget the laser beams and stolen trucks the GOABC is babbling about. What a pile of crap, which Outfit do you own/work for. And while you are at it maybe explain why it is guides in most of north America get by nicely on a 10% Allocation but B.C. guides are "going broke" and "getting divorced" with 40% allocation AND the monopoly of mandatory guide use for all non residents? Can you say poor business practises. The B.C. guide model id BROKEN beyond repair and needs to be torn down to the ground and rebuilt so the good outfits will flourish and the bad businesses will go by they way of the dodo that's what you call free enterprise NOT propping up a few in a failing industry on the backs of the many Resident Hunters. Spin it how you want there are huge changes coming. The good outfits who provide animals and service for their clients will flourish the poor business will collapse.
As for your retort to our hunting in "guide's" areas B.C is legally open to resident hunters, take away our meat in one way we will get it in another sorry if the guides don't like it. [/quote]

Not an outfitter did guide 30yrs ago just a concerned resident.
Again as you state your just concerned about killing and who does it.
If residents don't start to get concerned about conservation hunting in B.C. will go the way of the dodo bird you mention.

Last edited by stew; 03/24/15.
IC B2

N
noduck Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
Well this got aggressive. LOL. I would like to say thanks to the pm's i received. Every bit helps when starting to do research in new areas. I appreciate it.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
We don't want aggression, I/we are only trying to point out that the B.C. you hunted a few years ago is not the same one as today. The Climate of changed has been forced on us like how your ancestors may have felt in 1776. We are 1.. asking for the support and understanding of fellow hunters, we are 2.. doing you the respect of letting you know things may be vastly different in many "wilderness" guiding areas for the next few years. There is absolutely no need to hunt B.C, there are as good or better opportunities in the Yukon, NWT and Alberta. You are the first to get on soapboxes and become angered when you feel your rights(second amendment for example) are being infringed on but ask for understanding and support when ours are being crushed and certain of you start with the F you we will hunt where we want today and to hell with tomorrow. Well if we are pushed hard enough we may be pushing for a no Non resident allocation p[olicy. And you wonder why there may be some minor anti American sentiments, look no further than a small portion of your countrymen for the answer.

BORN to HUNT
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
That says exactly what every res. hunter I have spoken with so far feels.

Some of these mocking, foolish guys should realize that MOST BC people are STRONGLY opposed to ANY Americans hunting or even angling here and it is ONLY the good will of we resident hunters who are active in conservation and management that has and will keep these opportunities available.

Then, there are some who are just too azzholian to comprehend anything other than their own short term desires.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some of us Americans, or maybe just me, find it odd that not only do you ask Americans to help, but you demand it, for a BC problem caused by BC residents. There are no special rules that allow Americans to tell BC how many of us should be allowed to hunt. These rules are made by BC politicians elected by BC residents. Not one single American voted for any of them. You did. They are your rules. Don't blame me for playing by the rules you created.

If you want to change those rules, I'm fully OK with that. It's your country. I'm not telling any BCer how they should or shouldn't feel about this. If you don't like how things are, change it. I'll still play by your rules, not mine. Are BC residents not capable of fixing BC problems?

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
That says exactly what every res. hunter I have spoken with so far feels.

Some of these mocking, foolish guys should realize that MOST BC people are STRONGLY opposed to ANY Americans hunting or even angling here and it is ONLY the good will of we resident hunters who are active in conservation and management that has and will keep these opportunities available.

Then, there are some who are just too azzholian to comprehend anything other than their own short term desires.

Wow, not sure where you get your data for have never seen any type of survey on this. So when you say MOST what percentage of B.C. people is this. It seems weird for even some of the organizations fighting the allocation say they are not against the hunters/hunting but against the government and outfitters. So what are these people you mention doing in the way of conservation and management, and are you one of the residents opposed to non-residents or one trying to keep the opportunities
available.

IC B3

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Some of us Americans, or maybe just me, find it odd that not only do you ask Americans to help, but you demand it, for a BC problem caused by BC residents. There are no special rules that allow Americans to tell BC how many of us should be allowed to hunt. These rules are made by BC politicians elected by BC residents. Not one single American voted for any of them. You did. They are your rules. Don't blame me for playing by the rules you created.

If you want to change those rules, I'm fully OK with that. It's your country. I'm not telling any BCer how they should or shouldn't feel about this. If you don't like how things are, change it. I'll still play by your rules, not mine. Are BC residents not capable of fixing BC problems?

Kodiak there has been some suspected back room deals that have caused a lot of this up roar. In saying that just enjoy your trips to B.C. and as you say just follow the rules/laws etc.
You may want to have a camera with you just in case there was any problems to document things. This is not only with residents but also with your outfitter in case of problems as was mentioned in the bad outfitter thread.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have never had an issue with americans, I have had alot of fun fishing with them and interacting with them.

I'm shocked at what I am reading and I dont support that sort of bullying, I also dont support the guiding community when backroom deals are made to screw resident hunters out of their fair share.

Any americans that come to hunt in bc should know they are welcome by many and I cant believe some of these comments directed toward our friends to the south,, also they need to know there is a law in bc that states...its unlawful to interfere with a legal hunt...
so the law is on your side

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'm done with this, I have stated the situation as well as I can, I have asked for the help of FELLOW HUNTERS not just Americans. I have been involved in this fight with out gov't since day one, writing letters, going to meetings and protest rallies. Those that don't get it or feel that 40% non resident allocation is fair when you enjoy 5-10%in your home state then do what you will. We will continue to do what we must. I just sincerely hope you never as hunters find yourself in our situation.

BORN to HUNT
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by 673
I have never had an issue with americans, I have had alot of fun fishing with them and interacting with them.

I'm shocked at what I am reading and I dont support that sort of bullying, I also dont support the guiding community when backroom deals are made to screw resident hunters out of their fair share.

Any americans that come to hunt in bc should know they are welcome by many and I cant believe some of these comments directed toward our friends to the south,, also they need to know there is a law in bc that states...its unlawful to interfere with a legal hunt...

I am sure that your understanding of BC statutes concerning divers resource harvesting situations is far greater than mine as your *writing* so clearly shows your level of **education**....

However, you seem to be unable to comprehend that a peaceful demonstration that will be video recorded by we who participate in it and the Global CTV and CBC TV networks, is NOT considered **interfering with a hunt** under our current Wildlife Act.

The actual, filmed arrest of a senior citizen, member of a family who pioneered in BC almost 150 years ago and who spent years working for the BC resource management agencies would be PRICELESS advertising for our cause.

So, you are simply wrong and your comments, as with those of *Stew* do NOT reflect what I am hearing from many people, hunters and average BC citizens concerning this travesty.

I am also done here, the fight WILL go on and WE WILL TRIUMPH!!!

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I'm done with this, I have stated the situation as well as I can, I have asked for the help of FELLOW HUNTERS not just Americans. I have been involved in this fight with out gov't since day one, writing letters, going to meetings and protest rallies. Those that don't get it or feel that 40% non resident allocation is fair when you enjoy 5-10%in your home state then do what you will. We will continue to do what we must. I just sincerely hope you never as hunters find yourself in our situation.

You have MY respect and WE WILL WIN!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I'm not sure where your numbers come from, but there are lots of areas inthe states that are at 50% allocation for nonresidents or have no limits at all. If you care to look at the second page of this permit application, you can see much of Kodiak Island is at 33-50% allocated to nonresidents: http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/static/license/huntlicense/pdfs/2015-2016_draw_supplement.pdf
Has been this way for a long time. There are many states that place no limit on the number of non resident license sold. Just think of that, no limit. No limit on moose or elk nonresident hunters. Yeah, that happens here in the states in quite a few places. While we may try to change the allocation from within, we don't get venomous with visiting hunters. No burning of guide shacks. No whining to foreign countries.

Again, more power to you. It's your country, do as you will. Just don't think it's somehow unique or new just becasue it's happening to you. Hopefully BC comes to a happy medium, but like some on here, nothing will ever make certain people happy.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Originally Posted by 673

I am sure that your understanding of BC statutes concerning divers resource harvesting situations is far greater than mine as your *writing* so clearly shows your level of **education**....

However, you seem to be unable to comprehend that a peaceful demonstration that will be video recorded by we who participate in it and the Global CTV and CBC TV networks, is NOT considered **interfering with a hunt** under our current Wildlife Act.

The actual, filmed arrest of a senior citizen, member of a family who pioneered in BC almost 150 years ago and who spent years working for the BC resource management agencies would be PRICELESS advertising for our cause.

So, you are simply wrong and your comments, as with those of *Stew* do NOT reflect what I am hearing from many people, hunters and average BC citizens concerning this travesty.

Your just to predictable and your posts always end up the same.

Now you say a peaceful demonstration, earlier it was a major protest and maybe a blockade of GOs and foreign hunters. Why would any senior citizen have to be arrested if there not doing anything wrong, and IMO would not help anything at all.
before it was most of B.C. residents now its just many people.
You keep changing your mind.
the sad thing with you and foxdog is that you cant see that others do not agree with the allocation and how it was done either, they just don't think the non-residents should be blamed for it, they have nothing to do with it.
You say you are retired and a senior citizen you should just relax and enjoy life go fishing, bird watching, hiking, hunting before its to late and its all gone because of the lack of conservation in B.C.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673

Everyone is an idiot if they dont agree with your infantile idea's...
I see its ok for you to have a "peaceful protest" but when the natives have a peaceful protest you want the government to call in the special forces to take them out, ironically your protest is similiar to any native protest I have seen.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Clearly this is a topic of great contention right now in BC - and I don't think that there is an amicable solution to it.

On the one side you have the GOABC and it's members earning a living, (chasing a dream that many of the resident hunters have had all their lives) and paying their dues.

On the other hand you have the resident hunters, who have seen the huge game numbers of 10 or 15 years ago dwindle, as wolves have decimated the herds and now threaten certain areas with complete extinction. These residents are Now venting their frustrations.

When the Provincial (state) Government decided do increase the Guides share of the game allocation in December, this was the tipping point, and as you see from the posts above it's turned bitter and cynical.

No matter how much the residents scream and shout, foreign hunters will still come to BC this fall, pay their money, and hunt the animals that they intend to hunt - that's just the nature of the business, they really don't and won't want to get involved with the local politics - just look around the world, (the big picture if you must) - and specifically at Zimbabwe as a prime example - there the government has behaved like the gestapo, yet every year - the influx of foreign hunters has never ceased!

I find it concerning to see the amount of bullying taking place under the guise of resident / guide allocation, and non more so than on BC's biggest hunting forum.

I'm also concerned that this issue will drive the hunters (guides and residents) so far apart, that they will loose all sight of what's actually best for the animals in their haste to shoot and full their own allocations, at the expense of the other group.

One thing for certain is that we (bc hunters) are in for a really interesting hunting season this year.

Last edited by Kudu11; 03/25/15.

This where I come from - http://youtu.be/KJr9jvsXFN4
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looks like snap took his marbles and went home....

The problem is there simply isn't enough game for everyone to have a successful hunt in BC at this time.

Its a real blow to resident hunters to have their already poor chance of success diminished even further, can you blame them?

Its true wolves have had an impact, not as much as some would have you believe though, some would have you believe natives are the root of all evil.

There are upwards of 20,000 new resident hunters in BC over the last 5 years competing for the same LEH, making odds of getting a draw even less, who decided that was a good idea? How is that strategy working out for you?

The land simply isn't capable of supporting the amount of game that it historically has in the past due to government policy or lack of it regarding habitat for ungulates.

To ridicule others into not coming to BC to hunt is idiotic and stupid and I will distance myself from these so-called "resident hunters" They single out americans when theres many people from other provinces who come here and use G/O services as well to hunt sheep/grizzly/moose etc.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

625 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 65 invisible), 2,586 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,716
Posts18,475,754
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.