Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 29 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 28 29
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by conrad101st
Its time to crucify this thread and roll the stone over the tomb.

No way. It is just getting interesting.

Nutjobs collaborating on morally justifying their homicidal/genocidal God just because some ancient poets took some literary license.

Should be epic.

Sláinte

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
One thing about being an atheist -- ya better hope you're right.

Hah! That's hilarious!

What are you going to do? Hedge your bets and follow every religion that turns up? Gonna be a Jew / Muslim / Christian / Buddhist / Taoist / Mormon / Pagan......? Sounds exhausting.

Better hope you don't miss the right one!

[Linked Image]

Sean
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by BarryC
Originally Posted by Pete E
Originally Posted by BarryC

According to that line of thought, God commits murder every day. After all, people die every day, right?

Totally vacuous and lazy.

Never said that at all..

However you slice it, the Bible recounts numerous instances of God committing what amounts to Genocide..If you believe the Bible, and worship God, all you can really do is attempt to offer justification for that Genocide..

No problem.

Just like the guy that gives me a job can take it away, the one who gives life is also entitled to take it away. Life is a gift, not an entitlement.

By that reasoning it is morally acceptable for you to murder you own kids.
I didn't create my kids. Only God creates.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like Obama's "you didn't build that" speech!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
>>I didn't create my kids. Only God creates.<<

Is that what your wife told ya?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
An atheist most reverent holiday is April 1. A time for them to worship themselves.

(Not too many atheists in a fox hole.)

Last edited by Bugger; 03/27/15.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Bugger
An atheist most reverent holiday is April 1. A time for them to worship themselves.

(Not too many atheists in a fox hole.)

Ooooookay. Hey, I never heard the fox hole thing before. Lemme ponder that. So, the way to convert an atheist is to shoot at them? Hey, are you member of ISIS?

Last edited by cooper57m; 03/27/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by carbon12

No way. It is just getting interesting. Nutjobs collaborating on morally justifying their homicidal/genocidal God just because some ancient poets took some literary license. Should be epic.
Sláinte

As carbon12 said, it may be time to kill the thread, for by now it does not seem to be getting more interesting. Except - maybe when a poster contends that terrible human acts (homo and geno) upon fellow humans are the work of a God who, somehow, might be made just by nutjobs applying literary license. Now, that may be convoluted enough to spark some interest.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by eyeball
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by cooper57m
CCCC, I understand it now. There is human faith which everyone has that allows us to be able to step into an airplane with a reasonable expectation of arriving safely at its destination.

There is also spiritual faith which requires one to believe in something that is esoteric, indefinable, unexplainable, made up stuff without any evidence.

Thanks for clearing it up for me.

You can be nothing more than an animal, a being with no spirit, if

you so insist, by rejecting the spirit and choosing to live by the

flesh. He gave you the freedom to choose.

you know what
I have been going a couple of rounds with coop here on another thread

but what gives you the f ukking right to basically call someone a animal
all cause of your faith and belief in one particular religion

typical bible thumper stuff judging people who don't believe in what they believe in again

go judge the fugging Mormons and their gold tablets and mulitiple wife crap

what a douche bag.....................................

There is a difference between animals and humans. What do you think that is? Even liberals who deny the presence of God refer to us as being the highest form of animal.

Do you feel you have a spirit with a sense of right and wrong or not? If you do, how do you explain a genetic mutation that gave you one? It's not rocket science.

Im sure your mother considered you much smarter than those guys who wrote:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pur...

But, I disagree. You havent the smarts to produce one of the greatest documents affecting the world in history, by the grace of the Creator. Never have mortal men produced such a document or nation, with out the Devine guidance of Him and it will never be so again. Thats why they referenced Him. One nation, under God.

Have a blessed day.

judge not
yet ye be judged........................................

and your attempts at personal slights are petty.
espically for a "righteous" person as yourself.

Last edited by renegade50; 03/27/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
it does not seem to be getting more interesting. Except - maybe when a poster contends that terrible human acts (homo and geno) upon fellow humans are the work of a God

Do your remember Joshua? He and his crew, in the name of the Most High, killed everyone and everything in more than one town.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Ringman

That sounds like a threat? I guess he is not so different to Allah after all...

I mean why create man with a free will, but then punishes those that choose to exercise it in a certain manner?

A woman has an abortion and the religious zealots work themselves into a frenzy..Their God "terminates" 99.9% of mankind with a flood, and that's ok!

It's not a threat, it's a promise. And if you do some math, you will see your number 99.9% is off by several decimals. Eight people survived the Flood. Figure people, according to the Book you are referencing, lived to be about 900 years old. They could have children to at least 500 years of age. If they only had a kid every twenty years and the Flood happened in the year 1656 after creation, you have lots more than 99.9% dead.

please show us a "captain cut and paste" pic or link of this calendar since creation you reference

some of us need a good chuckle
smile

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Did we ever decide if atheism was a religion or not?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
please show us a "captain cut and paste" pic or link of this calendar since creation you reference

I think I understand what you are asking, but I don't know of a "captain cut and paste" pic or link. Many years ago I did a time line. Anyone can do the same math I did to get to the year 1656 by checking Genesis 5. I read in a history book about Abraham living about 2,000 years ago.

I hope this answer will suffice.

some of us need a good chuckle

Some of the post here almost make me cry from a broken heart. Does that give you a good chuckle?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Did we ever decide if atheism was a religion or not?

Yes, it is. Also no, it isn't. That's the consensus. If you need any more answers just ask, I got em. Since I know I'm right, you can trust whatever I say. Your welcome.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Too good. Heh.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by carbon12

No way. It is just getting interesting. Nutjobs collaborating on morally justifying their homicidal/genocidal God just because some ancient poets took some literary license. Should be epic.
Sláinte

As carbon12 said, it may be time to kill the thread, for by now it does not seem to be getting more interesting. Except - maybe when a poster contends that terrible human acts (homo and geno) upon fellow humans are the work of a God who, somehow, might be made just by nutjobs applying literary license. Now, that may be convoluted enough to spark some interest.

Right on bro.

Consider: Even though God's armamentarium for mass destruction/annihilation include floods, microbial pestilence, drought, earthquake, climate change smirk , and a bunch of other God mediated killings, sometimes, the right tools for targeted, localize human irradication are ancient Israelites, Slobodan Milošević and Joseph Kony.

Amen.

ETA: Can include slaughtering Jesus amongst God's doings via human surrogates.

Last edited by carbon12; 03/27/15. Reason: uuuurp
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
As long as we're on the "Ism's" of religion, try on Deism and see how that fits.

Mass destruction by the Almighty ended in and with the Old Testament..... For the time being, that is.

History does tend to repeat.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
If you are a Christian and the serpent (Satan) which can take your life FOREVER bites you, you will not die (His definition of death, not ours).

The death of the flesh we fear is of no consequince to Him. His concern is that we not REALLY DIE, the death He can not save one from, well, at least not and be just.

That's BS. According to your dogma after you die you either go to heaven forever, or burn in hell forever.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Mass destruction by the Almighty ended in and with the Old Testament..... For the time being, that is.

Time is an artifice of our existence, not God's.

The blood thirsty, woman rape advocating, abortion promoting God of the OT is the same NT God you worship now.

Praise be.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ringman
antelope_sniper,

We are not talking about plants. We are talking about human beings, so your example is not morally equivalent. It's interesting how you didn't like my parent analogy, but somehow you think you gardener analogy would hold.

You don't get it. You are not God. There is a larger gap between the plants and you and you and God. You are closer to the plants by a universe.

But if you evolved, it is fine for you to kill kids. Lions kill the cubs of other males if they get a chance. Bears kill cubs and even eat them. Morality cannot be justified in an evoloving world. Why? Well, who decides what's moral? The guy with the most followers or the biggest gun? Who?

You are the one who doesn't get it. Being a dick, is being a dick, regardless of if you are human or a deity.

Of course Morality can be justified in a world that evolved. We have empathy. We are very capable of evaluating the affects of our actions on others. We understand that when those around us thrive, it benefits us as well.

What you fail to understand is that Divine Command Theory is not a moral system. It is an immoral system, especially when you follow a god as blood thirst and maniacal as the Christian God.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 17 of 29 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 16penny, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 222Sako, 60 invisible), 2,370 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,544
Posts18,491,590
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.