-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The law is the same that's already Federal Law!

Just being enacted by the State, much like 30 something other States have already done.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ExtremeHunter16
Didn't do himself any favors on ABC this morning. Why can't politicians focus on economy and jobs instead of social issues?
Have you considered the idea that he may not be trying to do himself "favors", but that he might be interested in standing on principles - and demonstrating such? Yes - the political push for homosexual "legitmacy" has enjoyed some successes, but principles of freedom for all seem to trump that mess.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Here's God's view of homosexuality:

1 Cor 6:9 ¶ Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Note that 'sexually immoral' includes ALL sex outside of marriage. Those involved in non-marital heterosex of various kinds can get married but there is no possible way for homosexuals to continue and stay within God's law. That's not saying that homosexuals can't be saved. They certainly can but they must repent and acknowledge that their acts are sinful.

The 1st amendment says that Congress shall pass no law prohibiting the free exercise of religion. However, by requiring a business to participate in homosexual marriage in one way or another is doing exactly that. Free exercise says that a Christian can avoid such things but the government is forcing them to participate or be subject to penalties.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Obama voted to put that law on the books in 1998.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KFWA
not an expert but the right to refuse service to anyone is just that - a single person who for whatever reason makes you as the owner decide you won't serve them

however - you can't reserve the right to refuse service to a class of people and if you state that you have a policy of doing so, it won't end well for you.

now is that limited to classes of people that are protected - race, gender, religion, handicapped, etc? I don't know

if Rand Paul were to be a serious contender for president, this is a major issue he'll have to fight because he believes strongly in individual property laws (as did Goldwater which is why he voted against the civil rights act) - and he believes that if you own a property , its your right to determine who with and how you conduct your business - and the basic laws of capitalism would determine if you stay solvent.

But the federal government, using the commerce act (intended for railroads in the 1850's) says otherwise.

Quite common to refuse service and entry to civilians carrying firearms.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm not opening any thread that starts out with "my ding dong".......nope not gonna do it.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
The law is the same that's already Federal Law!

Just being enacted by the State, much like 30 something other States have already done.

You guys do realize that this is already federal law, passed in 1993 by a broad bipartisan majority, that 30 other states have this law also on their books as a state law, and that nothing in the law allows for a company to discriminate in its services???

Who's the dimwits here anyway?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

1 Cor 6:9 ¶ Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Note that 'sexually immoral' includes ALL sex outside of marriage. Those involved in non-marital heterosex of various kinds can get married but there is no possible way for homosexuals to continue and stay within God's law. That's not saying that homosexuals can't be saved. They certainly can but they must repent and acknowledge that their acts are sinful.

The 1st amendment says that Congress shall pass no law prohibiting the free exercise of religion. However, by requiring a business to participate in homosexual marriage in one way or another is doing exactly that. Free exercise says that a Christian can avoid such things but the government is forcing them to participate or be subject to penalties.

I wonder what Jesus would say about this?

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think he'd say, I wrote that!

Mike

NRA Endowment Member

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Warning from Paul to Timothy about false teachings 1 Timothy 8:11

8 But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully,
9 realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers
10 and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching,

11 according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted.

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 03/30/15.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by ExtremeHunter16
Didn't do himself any favors on ABC this morning. Why can't politicians focus on economy and jobs instead of social issues?

What is wrong with protecting the liberties of those who still believe in the "laws of nature and of nature's God" upon which this nation was founded, free and independent? And does it not utterly beg the question that sodomite marriage is a done deal? (Far from true in any event.) It has been said that the human family (humankind) comes to sight as a great and glorious river flowing through time. But that river is constituted and re-constituted in and by the sexual and generative distinction between male and female. Not only every human friendship but the very existence of every human being is dependent in the first instance upon the sexual friendship between a man and a woman. To say that in the public square this friendship and the sexual and generative distinction upon which it is based has no intrinsic moral authority is tantamount to saying that the existence of humanity itself has no intrinsic moral worth. This is naked moral relativism and nihilism, plain and simple. It is the farthest thing in the world from the idea of self-evident truths---upon the believe in an a priori objective moral order upon which this nation was founded. Actually, the nihilism and positivism of the sodomy rights movement is identical with the nihililsm and positivism which justified the worst excessed in human history, including Nazi and Stalinist genocide, to say nothing of chattel slavery. When did it become "wrong" to oppose philosophic movements and arguments that are the very negation of everything this nation, in its founding glory, supposedly stands for and which form the only rational basis on which an appeal against tryanny can be made?

Paraphrasing one of the great moral philosophers of our time, nature and reason tell us that a man is not an ox or a horse or a dog and with the very same voice, nature and reason also tell us that a man is not a woman and that the right ordering of sexual relationships is between members of the opposite sex, not the same sex. Homosexuality is wrong for the same reason chattel slavery is wrong. It is against nature. The Republican Party was founded upon opposition to what it called “the twin relics of barbarism” (chattel slavery and Abrahamic polygamy). How ironic it is that so many so called conservatives now reject the very philosophic ground upon which this nation was founded and upon which their party (the Republican Party) once appealed to oppose the establishment of both chattel slavery and polygamy as positive moral goods. It is tragic beyond words that some people see opposition to the reemeregence of moral relativism and nihilism in the public square as unworthy of opposition. But there is a very old saying (and its truth is beyond dispute): nature, expelled with a pitchfork, always returns.

Jordan

Last edited by RobJordan; 03/30/15.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Originally Posted by maddog
I live in Indiana, and I'm on Pence's side. Dammed media has this thing all twisted around[like most liberals]. Businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone, just as YOU have the right to take your business elsewhere.

maddog

No, they don't. You can't deny service to a whole class of people. People that would deny service to women, those of other races, creeds and classes has long been adjudicated. No Irish, No Jews, No Blacks, No Women, No Wops, No Japs, No Cornholers.

That being said, you can deny a specific service that would violate your religious belief. So, in other words, if a gay couple comes and asks you cater a birthday party, you should extend the same service to them as you would anyone. However, if that same couple asks you to cater their gay wedding and that event violates your religious belief, government cannot compel you to participate and you should be allowed to deny the specific service. The first example is wholesale discrimination, the second is the preservation of religious liberty. It is the specific service that causes the problem, not the class of the person. They aren't being discriminated against because they are gay. They are being denied a specific service because your religious beliefs will not allow you to participate in a sinful activity, whether that be a gay wedding, a plural wedding, DJ or bar tend at a swinger's party, or be forced to take pictures or video of any of the above.

The problem with your anti-discrimination argument is that it has nothing in common with the Constitution as originally envisioned, or the 14th Amendment, as originally intended. I can assure you that when the 14th Amendment was passed not a single person in the United States understood it to outlaw discrimination against sodomites or to stand for the proposition that marriage (as intended by nature) was unconstitutional. Discrimination against someone on the basis of race is an entirely different creature from discrimination on the basis of sexual practice preference. Racial discrimination is wrong for precisely the reason that discrimination based on sexual practices is perfectly right, or certainly perfectly constitutionally acceptable. Indeed, the 14th amendment was intended to prohibit state laws which deprived blacks of their newly won freedoms. Those freedoms are grounded in the status of blacks as human beings under "the laws of nature and of nature's God." Sodomy as a positive moral good, on the other hand, is the very negation of those laws.

Last edited by RobJordan; 03/30/15.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
K
K_P Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
"Jesus regularly ate dinner with thieves and prostitutes, but you're telling me it's against your religion to bake a cake for a gay person?"

The church is one thing--a business is another. The church has every right under the constitution to limit membership to like-minded believers. Refusing to serve/sell to/hire gays is only fifty years removed from the "no coloreds" signs on southern businesses.

It wasn't right then, it isn't right now. After all, didn't some churches teach that black skin was the mark of Cain?

Yeesh.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you actually READ ad (Key) UNDERSTOOD the law, you'd retract this post.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by K_P
Refusing to serve/sell to/hire gays is only fifty years removed from the "no coloreds" signs on southern businesses.

It wasn't right then, it isn't right now. After all, didn't some churches teach that black skin was the mark of Cain?

Yeesh.

I like the giant step folks take when making their pervasive argument.

While I know there are people that would love to refuse all manner of service to gays (or blacks, or women, or whatever) in most cases that this is a current legal issue its because folks do not want to support the completion or consummation of a gay marriage, citing a religious issue, seeing marriage as a Holy Union and ordained by God. I don't see anyone with a "No gays allowed" sign, nor do the bakers refuse birthday cakes or whatever to gays.

But its easy to go ahead and portray them as total blanket bigots and bring in racism and sexism and every other ism just to paint the stigma even redder.

I for one don't believe in gay marriage; I'm not in a position to really refuse service (unless someone asked me to layout the house for them and their gay partner) but I don't restrict my interaction otherwise, especially since I don't give a flying [bleep] about someone being gay until they want some special treatment because they are gay. Then they receive the same special treatment I give everyone that is looking for affirmative action.

You'll have a long road to hoe trying to convince me that anyone with a business they built themselves doesn't have the right to refuse who they will work for.

Telling businesses that they have to work for all people regardless is only a stones throw from telling the people what businesses they can patronize.

In fact, putting some businesses out of business is doing just that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Mike

Jesus didn't write that.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by jorgeI
If you actually READ ad (Key) UNDERSTOOD the law, you'd retract this post.

Agreed. Has anyone else actually read the law??? On either side of the argument???

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Mike

Jesus didn't write that.

Technically, no, He didn't write that with his own hand. But as God, he inspired Paul to write it. That this is what Jesus would have said and probably did say words to this effect, is verified by the the fact that the rest of the Apostles, who knew Jesus personally, vouched for the authenticity of Paul's teachings.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

I wonder what Jesus would say about this?
Maybe you should read what he said then you'd know. He forgave the woman caught in adultery and told her to SIN NO MORE. She repented and was saved. In the verses I quoted, it clearly says that homosexuals will NOT make it to heaven. In other places it says that they can be saved but they MUST repent.They MUST acknowledge that their acts are sinful and ask Jesus to forgive them.
Nowhere does Jesus say that he will accept their sin.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (7mm_Loco, 6MMWASP, 6mmbrfan, 3333vl, 9 invisible), 1,763 guests, and 1,014 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,900
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.