Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
This one was mine, it never shot as well as I'd have liked. Plus it had a tendency to eat scopes. I learned as well that I'm just not a lever action guy.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

It went to a good home and I hope the new owner is enjoying it.

HR IC

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by GunDoc7
BobinNH,

My .300 WM in a Brown Precision stock weighs 8.75 "ready to hunt" but unloaded. I like it just fine. Very accurate, very shootable. I will trust you that I would like it a lot less if I figured out how to take a pound out of it.

I will build a light .270 wink

GunDoc your 300 weighs about where i came to consider them about perfect.

Agreed on the light 270. smile

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by BobinNH
BobinNH,

My .300 WM in a Brown Precision stock weighs 8.75 "ready to hunt" but unloaded. I like it just fine. Very accurate, very shootable. I will trust you that I would like it a lot less if I figured out how to take a pound out of it.

I wouldn't mind a 300 win mag either. When you figure out how to get the "pound" out of it, let me know... Until then, I'll keep using something better... whistle

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by BobinNH
BobinNH,

I wouldn't mind a 300 win mag either. When you figure out how to get the "pound" out of it, let me know... Until then, I'll keep using something better... whistle

Un-huh. You mean kick, right? I think I figured it out. Me and BobinNH are somewhat older than you. I'm thinking you'll toughen up in a few years. Just sayin' cool

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Model 700 mtn LSS in 7-08
Stock warped
needed warranty work
ejected shells sometimes don't throw and get caught in the action. The shell nests perfectly on the left side and gets caught by the magazine lips
Accurate only after gunsmith time.

Still have it because its pretty and mild recoil. shoots 150 feds well.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Two Ruger Tang safties M77

.308 RSI that wouldn't shoot and a .358 that had one of those blocky, heavy plain stocks, produced in the 80's that just felt cumbersome.

I'm not bashing Rugers, I have owned more Rugers then any other brand. Odds were thier was going to be the odd one I didn't like.

Over 60% of the firearms I still own are Rugers.

Flyer

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Handi rifle in 223, bull barrel. un balanced and grouped about as well as a shotgun with buck shot. A key hole was the last straw. Gone!
Mossberg 4x4 30-06, great rifle, light and accurate. The bolt opened with safety on. After a round was chambered it took almost no effort to open the bolt, more than once I found the bolt almost all the way up while hunting. If you pulled the trigger while the bolt was up, the bolt would close down. but I didn't want it to be past the point of not closing and fly open while shooting. called mossberg and their bolts don't lock with safety on. Sold it, wish mossberg would have done a better job with their design. I just looked at the 556 predator and it does the same thing. SMH

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by TeleCaster
Originally Posted by ringworm
Tikka T3 in 338fedeal.

Care to elaborate?

Here in cyberspace, Tikka rifles seem to have a veritable legion of fans. So I'm curious as to specifics regarding what you might not have liked about it.

The 338 Federal chambering is an interesting one.

It was when it they first came out.
I killed deer with it but none reacted differently then when hit by a 308.
I just felt if I was gonna throw that much bolt, might as well sling 338-06.
But for some reason the market denies sales potential of the asquare.
The tikka was accurate but the bolt play was sloppy compared to Steyr and the provided rings were chit.
As well, 9 rounds out of 4 box's of federal fusion wouldn't chamber.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Years ago I was issued a mini 14 as a patrol rifle. It was an honest to goodness 8 moa rifle on a very good day. My issued 870, with slugs was a better shooter.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

G
g88 Offline
G
Remington Model 7 SS in .308: shot 5". Returned 3 times, till it shot 3". Sold.
--------------------------
Vanguard 2 Carbine in 7-08. Too heavy, unbalanced. Sold.
------------------------
Ruger PC9 9mm Police Carbine. Weighed 7.2 lbs. (Almost a pound overweight.) Ruger would not fix but offered full refund.
------------------------

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My wife gave me a Ruger Model 77 International in 308 Winchester. That thing couldn't hit a 5 gallon bucket at 50 yards. A new barrel and two stocks later, I find out that the action's front bolt hole is bored at an angle. Not just leaning towards the back like it is supposed to, but also leaning to the left.

Nothing to with it, but stick it in the safe and pretend that it isn't there. I thought about donating it to the gun smithing school at Trinidad State. They might get a kick out of trying to figure out what is wrong with it.

Harry
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 4winds
Originally Posted by moosemike
...Between those Rugers and three Husqvarnas that wouldn't shoot to please me, I swore off CRF's and buy only push feeds now.

I'm confused...please explain why CRFs are more culpable to rust than push feeds?

I think he said he couldn't get his CRF's to shoot for chit. I'm thinking if it's that many CRF rifles that wouldn't shoot for him, maybe it's not the rifle.. Hint..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Funny that my push feeds shoot so well then.

m77 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I bought a Walther 8x57JS with claw mounts a few years ago. Walther used the 98 action and it was still in pretty good shape. But, the rifle did not function very smoothly and although I did not expect great accuracy it shot poorly (even though the barrel was still in good shape).

I wanted the rifle to be the rifle I had in mind but it just did not live up to that.

Personally I like 98 actions, but today there are just better options out there.

Pieter

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Pieter,

Did it look like this one of mine on the right? Next to its little 7x57 brother.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

273 members (338reddog, 01Foreman400, 160user, 2UP, 257 mag, 35, 23 invisible), 1,828 guests, and 937 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,505
Posts18,490,628
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.