Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
No way I would just take a beating like that. I might do down but it would be going down fighting.

About 4 years ago I was at a gas station fueling up when three boyz from the hood came up and started demanding I hand over my truck keys. I was on the way home from work at the university where I couldn't have my carry so gun so when the ring leader grabbed my left arm he caught a right upper cut flush under the chin.

His two buddies grabbed their cold cocked friend and beat feet for their low rider Impala.

I'd have paid money to see that. Not doubting it at all, that needed to be on video.

That was the first time in many, many years I had hit anybody. I think the boy was plumb shocked to learn a 280 lb white guy can hit pretty hard.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
No way I would just take a beating like that. I might do down but it would be going down fighting.

About 4 years ago I was at a gas station fueling up when three boyz from the hood came up and started demanding I hand over my truck keys. I was on the way home from work at the university where I couldn't have my carry so gun so when the ring leader grabbed my left arm he caught a right upper cut flush under the chin.

His two buddies grabbed their cold cocked friend and beat feet for their low rider Impala.

I'd have paid money to see that. Not doubting it at all, that needed to be on video.

That was the first time in many, many years I had hit anybody. I think the boy was plumb shocked to learn a 280 lb white guy can hit pretty hard.

Physics 101.

Taught in a "hands-on, experiential" fashion.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Physics 101.

Taught in a "hands-on, experiential" fashion.

Yep. That lecture covered equal and opposite reactions plus a study in the effects of mass and momentum.

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Anyone remember this guy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernhard_Goetz

Bernhard Hugo Goetz (born November 7, 1947) is a New York City man known for shooting four young black men when they tried to mug him on a New York City Subway train in Manhattan on December 22, 1984. He fired five shots, seriously wounding all four men

What happens when you have had enough.

But, you still find yourself facing charges when you fight back.

I certainly would have tried to avoid any and all confrontation even if it means getting up and moving away. The best defense in these situations is to try to leave the area, apologize for any misunderstanding and walk away!!! The youth were just feeling emotional pain from the recent violation of Mr. Brown's rights and could be expected to act in an emotional manner.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Initially the criminal wanted to use the victim's phone.
In other words - Give me your phone.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by MOGC
I just posted this on the other thread...

Pisses me off twice... Of course the actions of the attacker, he's a punk ass thug. But also any grown man that sits there and let's that skinny ass punk box him around like that. That red shirt dude was a prime candidate for an ass kicking and it doesn't look like it would have been too hard to stomp a mud hole out of him. My bet is if a half way experienced fighter would have grabbed on to him red shirt would have been leaking blood and spitting teeth while blubbering "hands up" in short order.

I hear you, but ain't no way those other blacks sit there and not jump in to help their homie if he started getting the worst of it.. Epic Bearded Man wouldn't have taken that crap.

There are things that can, and should, gnaw on a man more than the risk of harm or death.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steelhead
There are things that can, and should, gnaw on a man more than the risk of harm or death.

Yep.

Like showing the world you have no balls... on every media outlet the world has.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i think one of the major societal issues today is the preconditioning of a lot of young kids against any kind of display of violence. So you don't know how to respond to someone that doesn't have those preconditions.
My dad taught me at an early age that it was never good to fight if you could avoid it. But if you couldn't put them on the ground fastest way you could and make sure they remember the argument.
He could have grabbed that skinny dink, and wacked out his throat, eye gouge, any number of things that would give him something to remember.
Just my impression only, but since zero got in office a whole lot of these predator blacks think nothing will happen to them. In a lot of cases they are probably right.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
If Obama had a son!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I've ridden those rails numerous times. There are very prominent signs prohibiting weapons, even in a conceal-carry state. What pizzed me off the most was that guy sitting there absorbing those hay-makers from the young simian. Putting myself in that seat I'd have blocked both the initial left-right then put that POS's head through the glass and asked him how he liked the view. Then turned and dealt with the other two if they were still so inclined.

I've never had an issue riding the St Louis Metrolink but I do take some precautions. I sit in the first car and the last row. No one sneaks up from behind. I take in the scenery without ignoring what's going on inside the car. And I don't play with my cellphone or laptop while I ride there. They are tucked away out-of-sight. From the video that guy looked like a "victim" from the start.

Dave
Sticks and stones may break my bones ... but hollow-points expand on impact.
IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I dont understand folks letting people stand over them and invading their space, stand and be a man for cryin' out loud.

Trump Won!
P
PWN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I haven't hit anyone in 20 years, but me and that dude would have gone at it. I used to enjoy going to St. Louis for a football weekend once or so a year. I didn't feel comfortable walking from the hotel to the stadium area, but never felt threatened. Now, I would not make that same walk, even armed because I know I would kill some [bleep] rather than take a beating.

Perry

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.

Albert Einstein
"

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
A create space-break contact drill should be a regular part of your training. I go full out on the heavy bag for 1 minute 4 days a week. Practice creating space w/ your feet and exploding from a seated position. If you have to ride public transportation you have to prepare for reality.

Using my gun is my 1st preference but you have to be able deal w/ an entangled engagement. Other tools such as a tactical pen, or a small fixed blade well located may allow you to create the distance/time required to get to your gun.

The favoritism the media and govt. gives to non-whites is a factor that you will have to deal with...after you solve the initial problem.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Quote:

Bernhard Hugo Goetz (born November 7, 1947) is a New York City man known for shooting four young black men when they tried to mug him on a New York City Subway train in Manhattan on December 22, 1984. He fired five shots, seriously wounding all four men

Given that particular situation, in my opinion, Goetz made two enormous mistakes. First, he did not use "enough" gun. Secondly, both during the actual shooting and afterward, he didn't keep his big mouth shut.

If a person is going to carry a firearm for self defense, then go whole hog and carry one for "real business." After all, if you're gonna be a bear, be a Grizzly. wink

Also, if a person is involved in a self defense situation, afterward, keep very quiet until speaking with an attorney!!

My take on the situation.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
what type of gun did Bernie use?

Anyone?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I would have ventilated both of them AND anyone else who wanted to tango with me.

JD338

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I think the boy was plumb shocked to learn a 280 lb white guy can hit pretty hard.

Yet to someone with 1/2 a brain cell... that shouldn't have been a shock at all. grin

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by RWE
what type of gun did Bernie use?

Anyone?

Not 100% sure, but I THINK it was a M-15 Smith Combat Masterpiece, 4". Pretty sure it was a Smith .38Special of some sort or another.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tzone

I think the boy was plumb shocked to learn a 280 lb white guy can hit pretty hard.

Yet to someone with 1/2 a brain cell... that shouldn't have been a shock at all. grin

Brain cells were not this old boy's long suit.

I am thinking Olde English and Blunts were more in his line.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (1936M71, 1badf350, 1234, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 56 invisible), 2,415 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,436
Posts18,489,374
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.