Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Yeah, the VX-6 is a rather large scope, but pretty sleek for it's size and not overly heavy.

I along with some other Fire members really like VX-6's.

DF

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Yeah, the VX-6 is a rather large scope, but pretty sleek for it's size and not overly heavy.

DF

Tough to beat the Leupold with size,length,features and glass . I have been doing mental gymanstics the last few weeks(spending more time then I should actually) on scoping a 264 winchester for dual use, western hunting and lowlight hunting .

scope power
range street price

Leupold VX-6 3-18x44 1100
Swaro Z5 3-18x44 1400
Leica ER 3-15x42 1000
Zeiss Conquest HD 3-15x42 800

That is the order in which they appeal to me. Swaro and Leica are tied IMHO.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

DF

Tough to beat the Leupold with size,length,features and glass . I have been doing mental gymanstics the last few weeks(spending more time then I should actually) on scoping a 264 winchester for dual use, western hunting and lowlight hunting .

scope power
range street price

Leupold VX-6 3-18x44 1100
Swaro Z5 3-18x44 1400
Leica ER 3-15x42 1000
Zeiss Conquest HD 3-15x42 800

That is the order in which they appeal to me. Swaro and Leica are tied IMHO.

I have that Z5 with a BT and for my eyes, the supplied duplex was way to fine. I sent it back for a #4, which is better.

For the buck, I'd probably go with the VX-6 3-18x44. The VX-6 duplex is super, far superior to the Z5.

I have several Conquests, not a 3-15 and have never handled a Leica. Some of the less than generous comments on Leica CS would give me pause on that one.

DF

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Good God I can't see needing an 18x scope for 400 yds

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
It's pretty nice, shooting 1.7" 400 groups off a bench with my 6.5-284, Z5 cranked up to 18X.

DF

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
A bench and a tree hunting are 2 different things

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Good God I can't see needing an 18x scope for 400 yds

Might need to shoot a gnat! grin

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Savage_99
When someone goes to the ophthalmologist they ask US:

"Which is better, A or B? cool

No cut and paste pics? You are losing it Donny boy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So tat why not Leupold?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by eh76
So tat why not Leupold?

Probably because Europeans who use scopes to hunt in low ambient light rely on Zeiss, Swarovski, Schmidt & Bender, Khales and never a Leupold.

IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Hey,

Even the Japs ride Harleys... cool

DF

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Slavek
Originally Posted by eh76
So tat why not Leupold?

Probably because Europeans who use scopes to hunt at Midnight rely on Zeiss, Swarovski, Schmidt & Bender, Khales and never a Leupold.

Fixed it for you grin

T
tatsoul Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Everytime i need a good laugh ill come back to this thread.the hubble concept does no bother me in any way shape or form.sometimes ill walk a mile to get in a tree so the little extra weight is ok.if i gained an extra five minutes and a little more magnification than its ok.but if i can see a deer in the binos than go look for him in the scope and can only see his faint outline its a problem.
i do not like honda 4 wheelers and leupold scopes.i dont have to have a rwason i just dont like em.some guys like cheap beer and fat girls its your thing not mine.ill have my scope here today so i can do a side by side comparison of my zeiss and see if i just pissed away 1800 dollars.swarvo z5 5x25x52 vs zeiss terra 3x12x42.....

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tatsoul
Everytime i need a good laugh ill come back to this thread.

What a coincidence.

Everytime you bump it, I have a good laugh.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Everytime i need a good laugh ill come back to this thread.the hubble concept does no bother me in any way shape or form.sometimes ill walk a mile to get in a tree so the little extra weight is ok.if i gained an extra five minutes and a little more magnification than its ok.but if i can see a deer in the binos than go look for him in the scope and can only see his faint outline its a problem.
i do not like honda 4 wheelers and leupold scopes.i dont have to have a rwason i just dont like em.some guys like cheap beer and fat girls its your thing not mine.ill have my scope here today so i can do a side by side comparison of my zeiss and see if i just pissed away 1800 dollars.swarvo z5 5x25x52 vs zeiss terra 3x12x42.....

Comparing Honda four wheelers and Leupold Scopes to Cheap beer and Fat girls ??

Amazing

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

T
tatsoul Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
I dont remember ever comparing them.just said i didnt like either and some people like what the like for a reason.i have mine.had a decent leupold set of binos that filled up with moisture.ill never buy another leupold product again.this is just my opinion.it does not mean its the gospel or infringes on someone elses beloved product.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Saying "I do not like Honda 4 wheelers and leupold scopes .I dont have to have a reason.I just dont like em.Some guys like cheap beer and fat girls its your thing not mine IS in FACT Comparing in an analogous manner !!
Now its no big deal one way or another but to say you dont remember comparing shows a bad memory !
That is EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID.
Thats why I quoted you.
I fully understand that just because you say it does not mean its gospel !
I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong !
Infringes on some elses beloved product ?
Your oppinion about Leupold Scopes in general based on a pair of Leupold Binoculars that filled up with Moisture is as you say your oppinion.
I think to come to that conclusion is not a rational thought process.
To get one flawed product from any company doesn,t mean everything from that company is flawed.
Of course you did say "I dont have to have a rwason,Just dont like em."

No you dont have to have a reason for anything ,but you will find that most people on the Forum will not take anything you say with any degree of seriousness unless you provide "reasons".

Just to say I feel this way "Just because" I feel that way and I have a right to my oppinion is outlandish.

Your desire to have a scope do what you want it to is understandable.

I truly hope that you are happy with your choice.

For me, I will stick with Hondas,Leupolds and an Maybe a fat girl occasionally ! LOL

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

Ignoramus,more money than brains and as sharp as a bowling ball about sum it up
Bless your heart

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
And it's going on a Tikka
I just pissed myself!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

Ignoramus,more money than brains and as sharp as a bowling ball about sum it up
Bless your heart

Probably sold his 1979 BMW to make the purchase...

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

671 members (1minute, 160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 16penny, 1lessdog, 61 invisible), 2,542 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,844
Posts18,496,917
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.