Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My sister and I watched as the VA doctors tried to take Dad off of life support on Father's Day several years ago. His eyes opened wide and his heart rate went to 220 bpm. They immediately re-intubated him. They successfully removed it 10 days later. He actually remembers the first attempt with a smile. He said God came to him and told him his job here wasn't finished yet. Still chills me to the bone.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by duck911
Rockies vs Padres play-in game in 2007 at Coors field. Rockies won 9-8 in the bottom of the 13th, coming back against the then untouchable Trevor Hoffman.

I was at this game as well! I was straight up from third base field level and got to see Holliday do his-head-first dive into home plate to win it. I was also at Game 4 NLDS (sweep game for the Rox), Game 4 NLCS, (sweep game for the Rox). And I also went to game 4 of the World Series, (which didn't turn out that well) - but it will likely be the only World Series game I'll ever see.

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 04/06/15.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I got blown by Joan Jett post concert in 87.
She's about 5' tall and has bad bad skin, but the mouth of a godess.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
First Kidney Stone.

Was living alone in N. Texas when it hit in the middle of the night. Strongest Opiates I had didn't hardly make a dent in the pain. Couldn't wait for an ambulance, drove hunched over the steering wheel, 15 miles to the Waxahachie, TX ER,...thought I was dying for sure.

There have been many more since that initial one, but the pain of the first will always be remembered...

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
When I was 18 I found two kids, 9 years and 7 years old, Sister and Brother who had drowned in a creek. The water was clear enough to see them underwater stuck in a fence. My buddy and I didn't know how long they had been under so began CPR. An hour later a Doctor relieved us and pronounced them. They had been missing about an hour when we found them.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This may run a little long. My father and I used to haul High end dealer trade cars all over the country back in the early 90's. We usually ran seperate trucks going different places. But we did a lot of trips together for customers that were in a hurry that way we could drive 24/7. So we spent a lot of time together driving. My dad passed in 2005.
Fast forward to Sept 2010 I was in Colorado on my annual Elk Hunt. For the first time ever our crew took 2 trucks out so we would have more room and a extra rig if needed. First day of the hunt we were back at camp making plans to go haul out a bull one of us had shot. A stranger pulled up on a four wheeler and asked for me. He said you have to call home and handed me a Sattelite phone as we didnt have cell service. Turns out I had a family emergency and I needed to get home quickly.

I threw my stuff in my truck and headed home. I pulled our of Paonia Colorado at 4:30 Missouri time. I hauled ass east thru the Mountains, Denver and into Kansas. I only stopped for gas. Sometime that morning I remember going through Salina Ks. I dont remember nothing else until I got to Junction City Ks. I remember waking up and hearing my Dads voice say "Son you better drive now". That is what he always said when we were hauling cars and he was getting tired. That really woke me up.

Im not much of a believer in ghosts and such but something happened that night. Regardless I made it home at 6:00 am and after a few hectic days my Family emergency got worked out and everything was fine. I dont know if I really fell all the way asleep that night but I know that I dont remember a thing of that 50 miles of the trip.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (2500HD, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 15 invisible), 1,551 guests, and 921 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,919
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.