Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 19 1 2 16 17 18 19
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by curdog4570
I think Texas may actually get to influence the outcome of the primaries in 2016 if they succeed in moving up the date of the voting.
Great!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
My opinion is JB has a snowballs chance in hell in getting the nomination and then winning the POTUS.

I've been wrong before and will be wrong again,but that's just being humble.

Actually, just like Romeny, Jeb will get the nomination unless people stand up NOW and support somebody else. Spanky puts a lot of pride in "being right" about Romney last election. I am the one that said he would lose if he was nominated. I say the same thing about Bush. It's not hard to see the trend. Approximately 3.5 million conservatives have not voted in each of the past three presidential elections. 12 million people that didn't bother because they don't believe one politician is any different than the other, and that they are all bad.

The people who didn't vote before, won't do it next time either, unless a conservative is cast as the nominee. These guys who wish these voters will adjust are just as clueless as the other "Hope and Change" guys.

Berating the people who refuse to vote for more of the same is a foolish and futile effort, because without them, you cannot win. Give them something they like, or lose.

Again.

By your line of reasoning we are better off with eight years of BHO than we would have been with eight years of McCain or four years of Romney looking toward another four. And if JB is nominated and Conservatives again do not vote we will be better off with 4-8 years of Mrs. Clinton.

You would rather have eight years of BHO and possibly another eight years of Mrs. C than vote for candidates that don't perfectly fit your matrix? Say it isn't so.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas
My opinion is JB has a snowballs chance in hell in getting the nomination and then winning the POTUS.

I've been wrong before and will be wrong again,but that's just being humble.

Actually, just like Romeny, Jeb will get the nomination unless people stand up NOW and support somebody else. Spanky puts a lot of pride in "being right" about Romney last election. I am the one that said he would lose if he was nominated. I say the same thing about Bush. It's not hard to see the trend. Approximately 3.5 million conservatives have not voted in each of the past three presidential elections. 12 million people that didn't bother because they don't believe one politician is any different than the other, and that they are all bad.

The people who didn't vote before, won't do it next time either, unless a conservative is cast as the nominee. These guys who wish these voters will adjust are just as clueless as the other "Hope and Change" guys.

Berating the people who refuse to vote for more of the same is a foolish and futile effort, because without them, you cannot win. Give them something they like, or lose.

Again.

By your line of reasoning we are better off with eight years of BHO than we would have been with eight years of McCain or four years of Romney looking toward another four. And if JB is nominated and Conservatives again do not vote we will be better off with 4-8 years of Mrs. Clinton.

You would rather have eight years of BHO and possibly another eight years of Mrs. C than vote for candidates that don't perfectly fit your matrix? Say it isn't so.

I voted for McCain and Romney, because they were the only options I had. I will vote for Bush too (maybe),if he is the next Republican nominee destined to lose. Do you really think that nominating people that CAN NOT WIN BECAUSE PEOPLE WON'T VOTE FOR THEM is a good tactic? How fuucking hardheaded are you? You can say the same thing over, and over, and over, as much as you want, but it will not change the fact that a liberal Republican will never get the conservative vote, or get Democrats to cross over.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
it's the elite syndrome Lt. Pat

there's educated idiots on both sides of the gop/dem split that believe if we don't elect the same types as we have before then we're fing up.

and truthfully, it's too far gone most likely, anyone that could/would be elected that would do this country any good wouldn't be popular for long most likely.

Establishment RINOs and the Dems like things the way they are now, kicking the can down the road and enslaving our future generations to high taxes and 2nd tier status of the world powers.

you can quit working out, spend more than you make and eat twinkies all day long, but you're still a bad azz.....for awhile

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by curdog4570
I think Texas may actually get to influence the outcome of the primaries in 2016 if they succeed in moving up the date of the voting.

The libs have been pretty successful at getting the Texas primaries delayed with frivolous Federal court suits in the past. It would be nice to vote in one that mattered.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I will vote for the Republican nominee whomever that might. Hell, I'll even vote for Perky, RP, or GB. I won't not not vote which is exactly the same as voting for the opposition.

The alternative, like some here seem to want is to elect a successor to BHO. Nominate an "unelectable" and you got it.

Suffer through the last eight years of decline of this Once Great Country.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas
Nominate an "unelectable" and you got it.

Here, we agree. A Romney, McCain or a Bush, is an "unelectable".

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Who makes the decision that one candidate is electable or not?

Worthless media polls or some talking head with an axe to grind,who decides before one vote has been cast in the primaries?

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Who makes the decision that one candidate is electable or not?

Worthless media polls or some talking head with an axe to grind,who decides before one vote has been cast in the primaries?

Common sense would suggest an "unelectable" would be defined as the type that hasn't been elected for the last several election cycles.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Could be Lt.,but the way some on here throw that word around,it would seem only "they" know who is and who isn't. The great un-washed just too stupid to know any better.

And that crap is beginning to grate me mighty bad.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Establishment RINOs and the Dems like things the way they are now, kicking the can down the road and enslaving our future generations to high taxes and 2nd tier status of the world powers.

THAT is fact. The most important fact of all.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

THAT is fact. The most important fact of all.

That may well be true but better a RINO than a DEMO. Don't vote RINO and you get the DEMO. Which is worse?

Send up a Perky or a Ron Paul or another wackjob and all is lost.

So tell me who are you supporting in this early stage?

www.paracay.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"So tell me who are you supporting in this early stage?"

This confirms what has been pretty apparent for years....... you can't be bothered by reading posts other than your own.

Guys like you are a dime a dozen.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I saw a chick wearing a tee shirt the other day that read "Everybody is entitled to my opinion.". It was cute. On her.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It She was cute. On her.
Is this what you meant to say? miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
She was cute, and it was cute on her. My point is that it would not be cute on a middle aged man.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
"Cute."

Continuing the ad hominem instead of supplying intelligent rebuttal to a position held by many.

Last edited by Spanokopitas; 04/06/15.

www.paracay.com

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I suppose we will have to agree to disagree. You believe the key to winning the White House is nominating a "moderate" candidate that will bring the "middle" to the polls. I believe a conservative candidate would win by bringing the base to the polls.

Time will tell. Again.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I knew what you meant. I was trying to be cute, I guess. I agree that the moderates have been a failure. I think as long as we let the media choose our candidates for us, we are doomed. They are our enemy and do us no favors, and we should ignore everything that they say, unless we are using it to prepare strategy. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by milespatton
I agree that the moderates have been a failure. I think as long as we let the media choose our candidates for us, we are doomed. They are our enemy and do us no favors, and we should ignore everything that they say, unless we are using it to prepare strategy. miles

Human nature makes people want to take the easy way out and bet on the man that somebody else says will win, rather than make the effort to make the right man a winner. Unfortunately, trying to make people understand this is a futile as wishing that people would vote for a candidate that they don't like.

Conservatives are no smarter than liberls, just less depraved.

Page 18 of 19 1 2 16 17 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 260madman, 1OntarioJim, 54 invisible), 2,410 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,431
Posts18,489,256
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.