-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 18 19
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I agree that he'd likely not be facing murder charges without the video. Manslaughter, maybe.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JoeBob

So, absent this video, does anyone really think that this cop wouldn't have one hundred percent gotten away with this?

People seldom get away with murder. I'll pose a question to you. Realistically, even without witnesses or video, how was he going to explain a guy shot from long range six times in the back to the FBI?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by ltppowell
There ain't no guarantees that a guy is going to work out when you hire them. This guy was a military vet with nothing in his background to indicate that he was stupid. He killed a violator that, for what ever reason, made him angry enough to do so.

It's not like he was a commercial Air Bus pilot with an extensive history of mental problems and suicidal tendencies that flew a plane into a mountain.

He was smart enough to fool everyone his superior. Now if he knew that he would always be on film, do you think he would have lost his cool (so to speak) and so coldly killed the man.

futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Coyotejunki
There ain't no guarantees that a guy is going to work out when you hire them. This guy was a military vet with nothing in his background to indicate that he was stupid. He killed a violator that, for what ever reason, made him angry enough to do so.

It's not like he was a commercial Air Bus pilot with an extensive history of mental problems and suicidal tendencies that flew a plane into a mountain.

He was smart enough to fool everyone his superior. Now if he knew that he would always be on film, do you think he would have lost his cool (so to speak) and so coldly killed the man.

Who knows? He went 33 years, a stint in the Coast Guard, and 4 years as a cop without shooting anybody before. I'm sure he had his chance.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

So, absent this video, does anyone really think that this cop wouldn't have one hundred percent gotten away with this?

People seldom get away with murder. I'll pose a question to you. Realistically, even without witnesses or video, how was he going to explain a guy shot from long range six times in the back to the FBI?

Admittedly, post Ferguson, there would be/will be more scrutiny. But a year ago, I doubt he would have had to explain anything to the FBI.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've never known a police shooting not to be reviewed by the FBI.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Admittedly, post Ferguson, there would be/will be more scrutiny. But a year ago, I doubt he would have had to explain anything to the FBI.

He'd first have had to explain it to the IA of his own dept and the SC State Police as they'd have investigated it.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I have watched it, can't make any sense of it.

Is there any instance where it would be justified in shooting a suspect while fleeing?

Also, if the officer went and grabbed the taser and planted it near the dead suspect this would be quite damning yes?

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Harry M

Is there any instance where it would be justified in shooting a suspect while fleeing?

If and only if he is deemed an immediate threat to society at large. i.e. if he just shot half a dozen people and was still armed, you would have reason to believe he is an immediate threat. This guy wasn't. Past due child support doesn't quite qualify.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
He's charged with murder.

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
That is sickening to watch ! There is nothing that can justify that shooting imo. That is cold blooded murder. Chilling to see how calm the officer is as he guns the guy down in the back and then does the plant. It confirms my belief that interaction with law enforcement is to be avoided at all costs. I don't call in crimes anymore or admit to being a witness anymore. This is just a confirmation of that attitude. The officer would have gotten away with murder if it hadn't been for the video. Every officer needs to wear a body cam at all times and should not be able to turn it off or be able to access the information in any way. Trust of law enforcement is gone from myself and most of my white middle aged friends. I keep hearing that it's just one bad apple but the refrain is getting tired. It may have started with one bad apple but the rotten mess has tainted the whole barrel and way more than one or two bad apples needs to be removed. The barrel needs to be dumped and many rotten apples need to be tossed and the rest cleaned along with the barrel.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
This is a prime example of why Barney had to keep
his one cartridge in his shirt pocket.
Just wondering if the cop will get a jury of black people? Or investigated by black FBI agents?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by Coyotejunki
Even if the black guy punched the cop in the nose and started to run away, would that justify an execution to you?

Execution is your word, not mine.

Knee-jerk reaction is what I see on this thread. Y'all sound like a bunch of Ferguson coloreds.

I guess that your just a big slack vagina looking to get fked by any badge that comes along and unable or unwilling to stand up for yourself when right because you respect the idea of the badge...or maybe you just fear being hurt so you let others take you from the rear.
Sometimes a man has to risk it all when wrongness rears its head.
Yes, sometimes wrong has power and abuses right until right does something about it.
A man who would shoot another in the back then attempt to tamper with the evidence is most likely the type who initiated an erroneous contact and mistreated the victim.
Yes, the black guy probably should have subjugated himself to the all powerfull Police...prostrated himself to the badge, like you would.
He didn't and his death should GD well mean something.
He died. And black or white, poor or rich, his life was his and not the murderous pigs that took it.
And to in anyway suggest that there's anything that could have happened prior that justifies his execution is so fkin ridiculous that your attention to use it as a smoke screen shows there nothing you like better than dead poor blacks.

Last edited by ringworm; 04/08/15.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
That is sickening to watch ! There is nothing that can justify that shooting imo. That is cold blooded murder. Chilling to see how calm the officer is as he guns the guy down in the back and then does the plant. It confirms my belief that interaction with law enforcement is to be avoided at all costs. I don't call in crimes anymore or admit to being a witness anymore. This is just a confirmation of that attitude. The officer would have gotten away with murder if it hadn't been for the video. Every officer needs to wear a body cam at all times and should not be able to turn it off or be able to access the information in any way. Trust of law enforcement is gone from myself and most of my white middle aged friends. I keep hearing that it's just one bad apple but the refrain is getting tired. It may have started with one bad apple but the rotten mess has tainted the whole barrel and way more than one or two bad apples needs to be removed. The barrel needs to be dumped and many rotten apples need to be tossed and the rest cleaned along with the barrel.

Sounds like you need to spend some more time with cops rather than avoiding interaction with them. Spend a little time with them and you'll see they are like the folks who work in every other profession in the world...some are good and some are bad, both at their jobs and life in general. Some folks you can depend on to do what's right no matter what and others not so much....law enforcement are just like everybody else...

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
So in your tiny mind, all any negro criminal has to do is run? They know the cop can't/won't fire on him? This guy tried to take the taser, period.

I never have to worry about cops because I never break the law and never phugg with them. It ain't a hard way to live. Negroes are seemingly unable to grasp that simple ideology and live by it.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
If he was in the act of wrestling the officer for the taser and was shot while it was happening it would be a different story....but that doesn't appear to be the case.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Yeah,
Its called the law.and it no longer has different standards based on color.
Its illegal to shoot people in the back who are running away.
That doesn't exist in my mind, it exist in a place called reality.
You know how a fking jack booted, skin head, ignorant trailer park you have to be for me to think your a racist?
Your a fkin racist.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
So in your tiny mind, all any negro criminal has to do is run? They know the cop can't/won't fire on him? This guy tried to take the taser, period.

I never have to worry about cops because I never break the law and never phugg with them. It ain't a hard way to live. Negroes are seemingly unable to grasp that simple ideology and live by it.

Lots of white people out there with warrants for unpaid child support. Heck, in most cases it isn't even a "crime" per se. While felony nonsupport is a crime that one can be indicted for, it is pretty rare. Most of the time, these warrants are actually given under the authority of the court as a "contempt" warrant. You were ordered by the court to do something and you didn't do it.

But they aren't typically violations of criminal law. So, basically, this guy got gunned down for being a deadbeat dad.

I'm sure his parenting skills will now improve.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Let me wake some people up to a little reality...
You can only use deadly force at the moment force is required and nessasary.
You can not use it in retaliation post incident.
If a guy mugs me and sticks a knife in my face then turns and runs I can't shoot him in the back.
Because the black man committed a crime by resisting arrest with force, the instant his quit physically resisting and began to run away (passive resistance) the use of deadly force was no longer justified.
Its called revenge.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

As others noted above, there have been multiple instances where people who never broke the law still had cops gun them down for things as simple as the cops showing up at the wrong address. Just because you think you live your life correctly doesn't mean you'll never end up on the end of the bad situation that you did nothing to actually deserve...

Page 5 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 59 invisible), 2,805 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,853
Posts18,478,484
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.