Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by mathman
Is #7 compatible with freedom of association?

It could be.

Don't think so. Don't think it's compatible with the 1st Amendment either. You can forbid tax breaks and such, but if Bristoe wants to start the Fuggit Party out of his home and invite people over the internet to vote for the candidate he nominates, I don't see how we can forbid that under the amendments we've got in place.

He could sell t-shirts, too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Assuming that a Convention of States to Propose Amendments to the Constitution (different than a full blown Constitutional Convention) were to take place, what Amendments would you want to see proposed and what Amendments do you believe could actually pass 2/3s muster of the states to be enacted?

The two that I'd most like to see and that I think could and would be enacted are:

1) Balanced Budget Amendment
2) Term Limits on Representatives and Senators

I'd really love to see these enacted, but I don't think they'd pass:

3) Fair/Flat Tax Amendment
4) Limitations on Executive Orders and Actions
5) Prohibition on Congress Exempting Itself or Any Other Branch or Members of Government from Laws Enacted
6) No Permanent Public Funding of Retirement Benefits For Elected Officials

If we're really talking pie-in-the-sky stuff, how about:

7) Abolition of Political Parties
8) Only Public Financing of Elections
9) Secession of States Permissible

I'll take that list in a heartbeat!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Are we forgetting that those with the most to lose, were these proposals to come to fruition, are the ones in charge of the process?

How so, considering the representation would be by STATE delegations and not federales?

and you honestly believe the White House, the DOJ and others would just sit by while all this Democracy takes place? Forgetting what barack hussein did in Israel recently?
No, this would be a hack job of monumental proportions, which is the main reason I am so opposed to Constitutional conventions.

Sam......

4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Are we forgetting that those with the most to lose, were these proposals to come to fruition, are the ones in charge of the process?

How so, considering the representation would be by STATE delegations and not federales?

and you honestly believe the White House, the DOJ and others would just sit by while all this Democracy takes place? Forgetting what barack hussein did in Israel recently?
No, this would be a hack job of monumental proportions, which is the main reason I am so opposed to Constitutional conventions.

The STATES choose representation, Sam. Fear is an amazing thing. I never figured you'd be scared of freedom, or as scared of Hussein as you're professing.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Bristoe
shakin' my damn head,...

There's all these damn republicans out there participating in voting,....and they don't have a *clue* about the concept of states rights.

It's a head bangin' situation,.......but I refuse to get all worked up about it.

It's a soap opera,...I've known that for a long time.

But be damned if it doesn't hit me square between the eyes when I see it expressed.

So once you have your 50 separate nations...then Bristoe's county decides to secede from the nation of Kentucky...he doesn't like that so he builds a moat around his house. Then the local gang add his name to their list. The gang has 150 members...

Make that 48 nations, because Japan already has Alaska and Hawaii.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B2

4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
shakin' my damn head,...

There's all these damn republicans out there participating in voting,....and they don't have a *clue* about the concept of states rights.

It's a head bangin' situation,.......but I refuse to get all worked up about it.

But be damned if it doesn't hit me square between the eyes when I see it expressed.

So once you have your 50 separate nations...then Bristoe's county decides to secede from the nation of Kentucky...he doesn't like that so he builds a moat around his house. Then the local gang add his name to their list. The gang has 150 members...

So, you can't refute the concept of state's rights, of Liberty, and of Freedom, so you resort to ridiculous, ad absurdum hyperbole. No surprise there.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Assuming that a Convention of States to Propose Amendments to the Constitution (different than a full blown Constitutional Convention) were to take place, what Amendments would you want to see proposed and what Amendments do you believe could actually pass 2/3s muster of the states to be enacted?

If this were to take place, who actually represents each State at the Convention? Also, how would each State arrive at its official position on a given proposal? For instance would they hold a public referendum on a given proposal and then follow the popular vote?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Pete E

If this were to take place, who actually represents each State at the Convention? Also, how would each State arrive at its official position on a given proposal? For instance would they hold a public referendum on a given proposal and then follow the popular vote?

It's voted on by the state legislatures.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
afraid of very little Sean, and certainly not afraid of barack hussein. What I am afraid of, is that there is no check on the take over of America. We are witnessing the most dramatic coup d'etat in the history of the world. Hardly anyone recognizes it, and fewer want to do anything about it.
I simply don't think it's possible to have State Conventions, that would not be controlled by the current regime.

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
What I am afraid of, is that there is no check on the take over of America. We are witnessing the most dramatic coup d'etat in the history of the world. Hardly anyone recognizes it, and fewer want to do anything about it.

^^^^^ THIS!!!

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
shakin' my damn head,...

So, you can't refute the concept of state's rights, of Liberty, and of Freedom, so you resort to ridiculous, ad absurdum hyperbole. No surprise there.

What I illustrated was my point that you and Bristoe are both totally clueless about what state rights are under our constitution. Add that to the very long list...of totally clueless...

You no-information voters could start with the “perpetual union” of both the Articles of Confederation and subsequent Constitution for the United State rendered all acts of
secession illegal.
Then consider the fact that almost all of the states after the first 13 were granted statehood by Congress under the Constitution and never held any sovereign legal status.

Settled law in countless court cases and legal opinions.
Justice Scalia wrote in 2006, “[The] answer is clear. If there was any constitutional issue resolved by the Civil War, it is that there is no right to secede.”
The State petitions to leave the Union in 2012 went nowhere...THUD!

You guys need to fantasize about something else.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
and then there are people that are clueless as to what has happened to ANY rights in America. Except of course, muslim rights, gay rights, illegal alien rights, atheists rights, black rights............

The Constitution has been suspended, and there is no law in the land now, except what barack hussein says it is. You can quote ancient history all day long, and preach what is SUPPOSED to be, with regards to guarantees and conventions. Juxtapose that next to what the reality of it is today, and you will quickly see that there are huge differences.

Sam......

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
And we do what about it?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And we do what about it?

As long as we use electronic voting and the "conservatives" we elect change to undocumented Democrats as soon as they get to DC, nothing.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by mathman
And we do what about it?

We all stand down like good little children and don't make waves, just like our parents pounded into our heads...

the prime reason the liberal left has gotten away with so much over the last 30 plus years...

We have all been taught to be sheep instead of citizens any more..

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by isaac
There's some serious chatter being tossed about as to term limits for S.Ct. Justices, as well.

For ALL federally appointed Judges and for State Supreme Court Judges.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Scott F
I am good with 1-8 and still thinking about 9. I will have to ponder that one a while but I can see the possibilities.

yankee

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yep much is made by the left, that our founders couldn't envision semi auto, hi cap rifles etc

nor did they envision SC justices living to 137 freakin years old, propped up by junior law clerks

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Allowing states to secede would quickly destroy the nation. Don't just run away, fix the problem.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Allowing states to secede would quickly destroy the nation. Don't just run away, fix the problem.

THAT is what Lincoln said...and he was right.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (02bfishn, 1234, 1lessdog, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 2,431 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,570
Posts18,491,864
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.