Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Carb and Choke cleaner works best for removing sticky gummy stuff.

Doesn't that also eat into the finish? Seems to me like it would be pretty harsh on the clear coat and paint.

This truck having been garaged its whole life, still has its clear coat and shinyness fully in tact. One of those great find, bought it from the original owner who was a retired engineer and able to keep it up perfectly kind of deals. Zero fading, wash out or other defects. Sherri and I are way blessed to have found this truck and large 5th wheel all together in one package for the same amount of money we sold our Avalanche and 25 foot light trailer for.

Starting tomorrow, truck and trailer are our home for 5 or 6 weeks other than my hospital stay of about one week.

A big THANK YOU to all who have offered constructive advice and ideas. I really want to take great care of this truck and drive it for a long, long time.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
It never has when I have used it. I have used it several times to get the film left behind by the decal stickers on vehicles, I tried WD40, goo gone, acetone, and none of them come close to carb and choke cleaner. I never saw any adverse affects to the paint because of it. YMMV

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by heavywalker
It never has when I have used it. I have used it several times to get the film left behind by the decal stickers on vehicles, I tried WD40, goo gone, acetone, and none of them come close to carb and choke cleaner. I never saw any adverse affects to the paint because of it. YMMV

Thanks for the input there. If I have to resort to that, I shall.

If I ruin the pain, that will give me an excuse to paint the whole thing bright yellow sick

JUST KIDDING! Looked great on my Avalanche, but would not look so good on so large a truck.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Kerosene or diesel work great.

Or mineral spirits. Nothing real strong.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Tannerite!!!

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Chainsaw

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
WD40 and Dawn soap worked terrific. THANKS EVERYONE!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Maybe, ....but they seem "Puny".

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by safariman
Originally Posted by srwshooter
listen to dave,piss on it.did you try bug and tar remover

finger nail polish remover is 90% acetone

I have not tried anything, yet. Symptoms like restless leg syndrome etc. had me up and down most of the night so I am just now getting rolling here at 8:15.

I plan to try the WD-40 then Dawn soap ideas first, but if I need to resort to the pee on it I will be glad that I have a 'hose' that will reach up there without me having to climb up grin

AA goin to set you straight, you bragging on that ole thang again..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

59 members (907brass, Algotguns, Akhutr, 358wsm, 2500HD, 12 invisible), 1,414 guests, and 782 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,926
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.